• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Do you not wonder though why the club, mostly through RDZ, spoke about a lot of player's dispositions about staying or leaving but only one player ultimately became a problem?

The contrast in behaviour between Richi and Bergval is staggering to me. Very similar situations but the young gun seemed to conduct himself brilliantly through a tough career decision. Did Richi?

I presume you subscribe to the concept that people are different? And I assume you subscribe to the concept that different people might need to be managed differently? I mean, besides the fact that the two situations are hugely different in terms of career stage.
 
Yeh 100% this.

This summer saw a uniformed approach by some that decided that any player linked with a move away was in part because of their attitude, the same people said it about Richy, Spence, Bergvall and Vuskovic, frankly some of what was written was staggering TBH. Massively overplayed line that I think in part came down to people not liking them as players (or that was a coincidence)

Agreed!
 
This would be a cute except I have never tried to convince the forum that Richarlison is Van Basten. You (and others), however, have tried to convince the likes of me that he is the equivalent of that Weah hoax Soton signed a many years ago. The statistics continue to be ignored.

Yep, people trying to peddle something that has not been said and repeating it in the hope that is somehow becomes true. ITs nothing not do with Richy being good or very good, its that we have now been left with a team that collectively has not enough goals in its locker in their entire footballing history and that MAYBE leaving someone with 70 isn't maybe ideal. Hardly crazy logic and hardly making out Richy is Ronaldinho.

Not sure at this point why it needs to be restated again TBH
 
I presume you subscribe to the concept that people are different? And I assume you subscribe to the concept that different people might need to be managed differently? I mean, besides the fact that the two situations are hugely different in terms of career stage.

Is the idea behind giving Richy clarity that he would have taken that on the chin, found himself a move, and been totally ok with it? Do we know that for sure?

Because if we accept he is emotionally volatile and should be treated differently, unless I’m missing something it feels like there’s every chance Richy might say something like ‘wow, they gave every other player who wanted to stay the option of staying, but they didn’t give that option to me, despite all the stuff I’ve done for them and deals I’ve turned down in the past, I’ll show them!’

It both presumes he would totally take it on the chin and not react in an emotional way as he did with what actually happened. It also presumes I think that because he didn’t have clarity that he was somehow more hurt by the club being willing to find him a move later in the window, even though it seems like he kept changing his mind? I guess I’m asking why clarity earlier in the summer would have solved all of this?
 
I presume you subscribe to the concept that people are different? And I assume you subscribe to the concept that different people might need to be managed differently? I mean, besides the fact that the two situations are hugely different in terms of career stage.

Of course, but Dragusin is different from Danso who is different from Sarr who is different from Romero, Spence, Lanks, Devine, Phillips, Vic, Vuskovic, Solomon, Scarlett etc.

Look at the list and you see a player in Dragusin whose agent was always being an idiot. You see Solomon and his SM history. You see Romero and all the fun and games we had with him. Every player has their own story and their own personality but our club managed the transition of these players seamlessly. None of our other departees ended up in conflict with the club. Every single one of them seemed to act totally professionally. Some went on pre-season. Some didn't. Some of them were spoken about the manager publicly. Others weren't. Some were end of contract. Some were recently signed. There's also an entire spectrum of ages there.

Why was the Richi case so different? Why did his process break down spectacularly when all the others worked so well?

My educated guess is that there are pieces of this jigsaw us fans don't see and I very much doubt they sit favourably with the player. RDZ even alluded to this in his pressers, and still told the world he loved Richi.
 
Of course, but Dragusin is different from Danso who is different from Sarr who is different from Romero, Spence, Lanks, Devine, Phillips, Vic, Vuskovic, Solomon, Scarlett etc.

Look at the list and you see a player in Dragusin whose agent was always being an idiot. You see Solomon and his SM history. You see Romero and all the fun and games we had with him. Every player has their own story and their own personality but our club managed the transition of these players seamlessly. None of our other departees ended up in conflict with the club. Every single one of them seemed to act totally professionally. Some went on pre-season. Some didn't. Some of them were spoken about the manager publicly. Others weren't. Some were end of contract. Some were recently signed. There's also an entire spectrum of ages there.

Why was the Richi case so different? Why did his process break down spectacularly when all the others worked so well?

Are you genuinely asking me because you are interested in my opinion, or are you 'asking' me to try and reinforce a point you believe to be iron-clad? I cannot tell anymore. Until you can confirm (if you wish to) then there's little point me repeating answers.

Here's my take on what you've asked. You are already set in your opinion, and nothing I offer will shift it. That's great, all good. But why do you keep trying to force yours home as the 'only' one?


My educated guess is that there are pieces of this jigsaw us fans don't see and I very much doubt they sit favourably with the player.

You have been clear on that point for sure.


RDZ even alluded to this in his pressers, and still told the world he loved Richi.

Bless. That's nice of him. I wish he'd been a little quieter overall in the first place.
 
Back