• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

I don't doubt that Levy or his lawyers do all of the negotiations over fees and salaries, but I doubt that Harry has no input into the targets.

I would imagine that in January when the targets they wanted were too expensive, off elsewhere or staying put that HR suggested the likes or Nelsen and Saha as stop gaps, to have as support for the front line players.

All of this opprobrium poured on Redknapp, under the mistaken impression that they were the age, fitness or calibre that HR actually wanted is ludicrous in the extreme. Another example of the stupidity of some of the supporters who use it as an example of his paucity of managerial skills, without seeing it as proof of his experience in the market.

Agree on this...HR has gone on record and said he wanted Tevez and Cahill...For those of you wanting Redknapp replaced all I would say to you is "be careful what you wish for"

Agree on this...HR has gone on record and said he wanted Tevez and Cahill...For those of you wanting Redknapp replaced all I would say to you is "be careful what you wish for"

Both completely unrealistic targets. No way would mancity let us have both Ade and Tevez and how would we outbid Chelski for Cahill. He might as well have said Messi and Company.

I don't imagine for a minute he was serious about Tevez, but on the principle "if you don't ask" it was worth testing the water to see what the situation was. Cahill was gettable for the transfer price, the big issue was matching Chelskis salary offer, which was why it never happened.

Your last comment is one that I and a few other posters have been saying as well, it never ceases to amaze me that no-one seems to have any knowledge of what Tottenham have done in the past to their managers, or for that matter see how managerial stability is clearly a better option than swapping managers faster than Defoe changes women.

I invite everyone who favours Rednapp to look at the Punk is Back post and his comments in the Arsenal v Spurs thread. It demonstrates how our squad is ropey to say the least and that a disaffected Defoe is currently the only forward on our books.

Then come back and tell us that Rednapp has done a good job.

I invite everyone who favours Rednapp to look at the Punk is Back post and his comments in the Arsenal v Spurs thread. It demonstrates how our squad is ropey to say the least and that a disaffected Defoe is currently the only forward on our books.

If he had typed that he saw Redknapp raping donkeys in his garden, you would hold it up as another reason to get rid of him.

Its about as accurate, line one of his analysis

"Brad Friedel - Marginalised and wants out"

utter, utter gonads

I didn't see much else of value afterwards, not that I cared

Oh right, our squad is not good enough right now to play in the PL?

Oh no.. If only we were in some sort of 'trading session' in the League.. Where clubs could, you know.. barter for players...

Make the comparison at the start of the league season (maybe end of the transfer window) and maybe it'd be useful...

Edit: And i don't particularly 'favour' Redknapp. He has his good moments and his bad. There is better out there but there is also worse. But it is very hard to tell which is which.

You know what makes me laugh in all of this? The simple fact that neither our manager, or his more vociferous defenders, can admit he's done anything wrong! We ALL know he's done some very very good things, further we ALL know he dropped the ball in vital areas in the second-half of the season, yet he is unable to hold his hands up and say he could've done better.
That's down to one of two things.
A) he really believes he did the very best he could, in which case I am genuinely concerned, and I mean genuinely.
B) he is protecting the legacy of Harry Redknapp Inc. as best he can.

I know what I think.

Again, if Levy decides not to cut his losses, the manager will get my full support as an optimistic supporter of Tottenham Hotspur, and for no other reason than that...

If he had typed that he saw Redknapp raping donkeys in his garden, you would hold it up as another reason to get rid of him.

Its about as accurate, line one of his analysis

"Brad Friedel - Marginalised and wants out"

utter, utter gonads

I didn't see much else of value afterwards, not that I cared

That one comment should have applied to Gomes. To be pedantic (as you seem to wish) and ignore the rest of a perfectly valid post is typical of a blinkered attitude.

To be strictly accurate, Ade should be in red because he is no longer our player.

Oh right, our squad is not good enough right now to play in the PL?

Oh no.. If only we were in some sort of 'trading session' in the League.. Where clubs could, you know.. barter for players...

Make the comparison at the start of the league season (maybe end of the transfer window) and maybe it'd be useful...

Edit: And i don't particularly 'favour' Redknapp. He has his good moments and his bad. There is better out there but there is also worse. But it is very hard to tell which is which.

Dont know where you get the bolded bit from.

I agree though that it is only fair and reasonable to wait till the season starts before being too alarmist. But you really have to be the most optimistic optimist to think that all our problems are going to be solved by H before the season starts.

LOL...safe targets those. Helen Keller, Ray Charles and Mr.Magoo could see them. I wonder if Harry saw Cavani two Jans ago?!

Dont know where you get the bolded bit from.

I agree though that it is only fair and reasonable to wait till the season starts before being too alarmist. But you really have to be the most optimistic optimist to think that all our problems are going to be solved by H before the season starts.

I wrote the bolded bit, it was a bit extreme mind 8-[

That one comment should have applied to Gomes. To be pedantic (as you seem to wish) and ignore the rest of a perfectly valid post is typical of a blinkered attitude.

To be strictly accurate, Ade should be in red because he is no longer our player.

I don't have a blinkered attitude at all, neither do I look for fault in everything I don't like or enjoy.

Just because I disagree with your stance on Redknapp, doesnt mean that I see no fault in his management. But I am not going to find fault in the state of the squad at the moment, because the season hasn't started, I have no idea of what state negotiations are in with potential targets, nor am I party to any of the restructuring plans being formulated within the club at the moment.

Nor is anyone else posting on this board, as far as I'm aware.

So I have no cause for concern over the squad as it stands, bar that of the fact that we need to shift a lot of dead wood out, and get some fresh legs in.

I also believe that the club should retire King, as he has shown that his magical powers are on the wane, and its sad to see him struggle.

You however, post as soon as there is a sniff of anything remotely negative about Redknapp. We all know where you stand, so why bother? Even the rabid haters like wriggly don't bother anymore, so why are you still the only one still wandering round with a "Redknapp out" banner and a megaphone?

Give it a rest, we'll take is as read that you are a "no" if the should Harry stay poll comes up again.

You know what makes me laugh in all of this? The simple fact that neither our manager, or his more vociferous defenders, can admit he's done anything wrong! We ALL know he's done some very very good things, further we ALL know he dropped the ball in vital areas in the second-half of the season, yet he is unable to hold his hands up and say he could've done better.
A) he really believes he did the very best he could, in which case I am genuinely concerned, and I mean genuinely.

I know what I think.

Again, if Levy decides not to cut his losses, the manager will get my full support as an optimistic supporter of Tottenham Hotspur, and for no other reason than that...

Excellent post mate. Agree with every word

A challenge for all those dissing Redknapp:

Name one manager prepared to come to Tottenham who could be relied upon to out-perform him results-wise whilst maintaining the same fantastic qualities of style and entertainment? Remember, the likes of Martinez and Rodgers are very much untried at this level so there's always the risk it could go pear-shaped.

I know what I think.

As you say i bit of acceptence of blame from Redknapp would help, but he is not one to take any. Its as good as it gets don't forget.

A challenge for all those dissing Redknapp:

Name one manager prepared to come to Tottenham who could be relied upon to out-perform him results-wise whilst maintaining the same fantastic qualities of style and entertainment? Remember, the likes of Martinez and Rodgers are very much untried at this level so there's always the risk it could go pear-shaped.

:rolleyes:

Your opinion of Martinez and Rodgers is low and your opinion of Harry is high, perhaps some of the people who do not think Harry is the route forward (not 'harry dissers') believe the other options to be of much better quality or potential?

That is the problem of this whole thread. You are asking a question that has been answered many times over the last 30+ pages.

The answer is:

Different people rate different managers differently.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Your opinion of Martinez and Rodgers is low and your opinion of Harry is high, perhaps some of the people who do not think Harry is the route forward (not 'harry dissers') believe the other options to be of much better quality or potential?

That is the problem of this whole thread. You are asking a question that has been answered many times over the last 60+ pages.

The answer is:

Different people rate different managers differently.

On the contrary I rate both those managers very highly indeed, that's why I mentioned them. Fact is though they are very much untried at this level, ipso facto they could fall flat on their faces. It happens.

I notice you copped out of naming anyone with a nice little body swerve there but you failed the challenge.

I've read through every post in this thread and no one has yet put forward a name that fulfils all my criteria.

Back