• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

Of course it does - our terrible form over the course of over 2 months. How can that be so blatantly ignored?

That is a fact. Unlike you opinion of an unbalanced fixture list which is by and large untrue, imv and that of many others.

Not sure what lack of balance as far as our rivals are concerned either - Arsenal beat City, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs (us), and Saudi Sportswashing Machine during that time - it's not like they were playing bottom 5 teams only

I haven't blatantly ignored it. The purpose of my post detailing individual fixtures was to highlight that the poor form was as much down to the tough fixture list as anything else. If we played the other top six games away from home in a row, we'd probably lose all 5 matches. People would claim that's poor form, but it's actually standard form.

I haven't blatantly ignored it. The purpose of my post detailing individual fixtures was to highlight that the poor form was as much down to the tough fixture list as anything else. If we played the other top six games away from home in a row, we'd probably lose all 5 matches. People would claim that's poor form, but it's actually standard form.

I would swear it was you that was stating a while back that the order of the fixture list doesn't matter. We play 38 games and we play everybody home and away.

Though i might be wrong.. I can't be 100% who it was...

8-[

I didn't like all the arguing so i decided to have some fun. Arguments don't seem fun when i'm not involved. Anyway as you were...

Well it certainly got the anti-Harry crowd delighted for a few minutes, you meanie. You'd made their day! You can almost imagine ArcspacE dingdong in hand thinking of Redknapp leaving and his boy AVB coming in!

But we also had Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, and QPR, during that time which are by all means not the giants of English football

I would swear it was you that was stating a while back that the order of the fixture list doesn't matter. We play 38 games and we play everybody home and away.

Though i might be wrong.. I can't be 100% who it was...

It was me yes, and that's what I am saying above. People bang on about our bad run, but when you look at the matches it's not exactly surprising. Had those games been interspersed among our good run the chances are the results would have been the same but no one would have batted an eye lid at them (other than Norwich at home, which was the only truly terrible result we had, Utd at home was also disappointing) or been worried about a collapse.

My point is you judge a season over 38 games, not over a run of 5, 10 or 15 games. As that run of 5, 10 or 15 games can be unusually easy or unusually tough and thus eschew the form guide.

My point is you judge a season over 38 games, not over a run of 5, 10 or 15 games. As that run of 5, 10 or 15 games can be unusually easy or unusually tough and thus eschew the form guide.

But our terrible run wasn't as tough of a fixture list as you make it out to be - that's the point many are pointing out you

We were favourites at the Emirates for the first time since Christ walked the earth. A draw would have been a fair result at the least (on paper)

Take Utd away (always turn us over) and the rest were all games were a team of our quality and form prior was expected to get results. Certainly not 3 points in each but a solid return of 1.8 to 2 per game - not 0.5

But we also had Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, and QPR, during that time which are by all means not the giants of English football

Yes, but two of them were away from home. Sunderland and QPR had terrific home records when we pulled up in town. I'd actually say one point from those two matches IS standard form for a team finishing 3rd to 6th. Stoke and Norwich were poor results. Stoke we played well, Norwich we did not.

Standard form will never happen to any team throughout the season, as thankfully there are always shocks. We aren't title contenders, and never were so therefore our deviation away from standard results was always going to be likely at some stage of the season.

People talk about dropped points, but what about points gained? A win against Fulham at their place (standard result would be a loss or a draw), or the point against Chelsea (standard result is a loss) or even beating Bolton in the run in (standard result would be a draw)?

But our terrible run wasn't as tough of a fixture list as you make it out to be - that's the point many are pointing out you

We were favourites at the Emirates for the first time since Christ walked the earth. A draw would have been a fair result at the least (on paper)

Take Utd away (always turn us over) and the rest were all games were a team of our quality and form prior was expected to get results. Certainly not 3 points in each but a solid return of 1.8 to 2 per game - not 0.5

Not in my opinion. I wouldn't even say a title contending team is ever favourite away against a top six team. This season we were underdog against City, Utd, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool away from home for sure.

People talk about dropped points, but what about points gained? A win against Fulham at their place (standard result would be a loss or a draw), or the point against Chelsea (standard result is a loss) or even beating Bolton in the run in (standard result would be a draw)?

I think these used to be our 'standards / expectations' of 10 years ago - most certainly not of our current squad quality.

The only places we can expect to be rolled over are OT and the Wastelands currently, imv. We have the ability (and have proven) to match any other team in the league quality (and mentally) - wise at this stage - prior to the current transfer window of course.

Not in my opinion. I wouldn't even say a title contending team is ever favourite away against a top six team. This season we were underdog against City, Utd, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool away from home for sure.

Not a chance - not with the bookies we weren't

If I'm being particularly harsh, I think Liverpool would be a great fit for Harry (if Sandra agreed to it of course) they are - in Harry's 1970's/'80s skewed mind - still one of the 'BIGGEST CLUBS AROUND' ...and both of them have a slightly more over-inflated opinion of themselves than the outside world does!

However in the REAL world, I think it's bunkum... Harry won't move up there... he's a Laaaandaaaner... If Chelse are genuinely in for him, he may consider it, otherwise, we're stuck with each other!

Looks who emerged - the guy who pretends I'm on his ignore list only to have digs at me constantly in 3rd person

Pathetic

Back