• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Von Der Leyen indicating Ukraine to join the EU . I imagine down the road a bit but it is another watershed moment today. The EU is stepping up to the plate big time.
Took until the Germans got cornered into moving but better late than never.

Von Der Leyen indicating Ukraine to join the EU . I imagine down the road a bit but it is another watershed moment today. The EU is stepping up to the plate big time.

She's a bit Liz Truss is von der Leyen. A bit scary because she doesn't appreciate her own (intellectual) limitations. I preferred the wily old drunk who was not elected previously

It is a historic shift. I don't think some people are appreciating how big a deal it really is. Having one of the biggest armies in Europe is obviously very a complicated topic considering their history, but now their military budget will actually leapfrog Russia's.

Budget isn't everything. Russias military dwarfs anything in the eu.

She's a bit Liz Truss is von der Leyen. A bit scary because she doesn't appreciate her own (intellectual) limitations. I preferred the wily old drunk who was not elected previously
The ad hominem argument. You can do better. And she's nothing like Liz 'Photoshoot' Truss.

Budget isn't everything. Russia's military dwarfs anything in the eu.
Of course. Certainly Germanys at this point as they have purposely kept it small, but the difference in combined EU military strength to Russia is not orders of magnitude difference. And that looks like it may be changing based on today's news. Google tells me Russia's strength is in land-based weapons and nukes, but not in the air or water where the EU countries have the edge (those numbers might include the UK).

The EU is stepping up to the plate big time.

If the plate was one of those Greek plates that the EU itself had smashed on the floor of a restaurant that they had eaten in for years and never paid the bill in.

But I guess by you saying they are stepping up to the plate means they had not previously. Which makes you wonder who they had been relying on for the defence before that.

Of course. Certainly Germanys at this point as they have purposely kept it small, but the difference in combined EU military strength to Russia is not orders of magnitude difference. And that looks like it may be changing based on today's news. Google tells me Russia's strength is in land-based weapons and nukes, but not in the air or water where the EU countries have the edge (those numbers might include the UK).

Combined yes the eu is stronger.

It's never going to come to that though.

Back