• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

I’m highly sceptical that anything is happening at all.

But if it is, has something happened to Putin, and this is the start of a power struggle?

Releasing thousands of criminals from prison, give them weapons and put them under the command of a lunatic.
What could possibly go wrong?

That's capitalism for you. It's a bit like here when we give G4S security or Excel Parking a job as a cheap/unregulated alternatives to actual police.

This is funny as fudge.

Hindsight's great, buy why didn't NATO/ Ukraine just pay Wagner more and do this sooner?

This is funny as fudge.

Hindsight's great, buy why didn't NATO/ Ukraine just pay Wagner more and do this sooner?
If you dance with the devil...

The best outcome i guess is the coup narrowly fails, but that Putin's authority goes completely and some moderate generals take over (it wont be a democratic opposition in the short-to-medium term)

Russian roulette. Who knows who will be holding the revolver and which chamber the nukes will be in.

Western interventions seems to have a history of causing more mayhem than it solves.

Ironically, the West will probably want Putin to come through and provide stability. Better the nutter you know. A bit like Syria where the West backed Islamists to bring about a change (and spar with Russia), only to realise the Islamist groups were a worse option than the incumbent Russian-backed Assad.

Last edited:
Russian roulette. Who knows who will be holding the revolver and which chamber the nukes will be in.

Western interventions seems to have a history of causing more mayhem than it solves.

Ironically, the West will probably want Putin to come through and provide stability. Better the nutter you know. A bit like Syria where the West backed Islamists to bring about a change (and spar with Russia), only to realise the Islamist groups were a worse option than the incumbent Assad.
I don't think anyone in the West gives much of a fudge about Putin as long as he and his army are out of Ukraine.

Losing here will be enough of a public slap down to prevent it in future

I've been trying to follow what's going on. Amazing how giving pretty much everyone the ability to record and share information with everyone has led to nobody knowing what is true. I've seen the odd clip of supposedly Russian fighter planes getting downed to then find a comment saying "actually it's a non military plane" and then one saying "This was proven to be footage from 2014".

It's like the continuous wars between Oceana, Eurasia and Eastasia but we seem to be misleading ourselves rather than it being driven from the top. Ironically it's an almost Orwellian suggestion to counter the problem but it's like anyone wanting to post anything needs fact checking and censored if not kosher. As an added bonus, ITK posters would immediately be starved of attention and flimflam journos their commission pay

As ever with any conflict it'd be nice if it only affected the rich people who start it and profit from it but if it leads to Putin getting taken out alongside the ritual daily embarrassment of Trump / Johnson the world can move towards being a nicer place.

A couple of months civil war in Russia would be lovely, Ukraine would be able to take back their territory in roughly that time I’d guess?

the world doesn’t need this Wagner nutter taking over though.

A couple of months civil war in Russia would be lovely, Ukraine would be able to take back their territory in roughly that time I’d guess?

the world doesn’t need this Wagner nutter taking over though.

If the threat gets serious, Shoigu and co will presumably recall the regular army back into Russia, in which case the entire front could collapse in days.

Putin already mentioned 1917 today - there's interesting parallels re the road to Brest-Litovsk

Back