• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

For a balanced perspective it is worth understanding the history of western involvement in this conflict. You could frame the conflict as an extension of the cold war. With Nato edging its way into a territory that was Russian. It can be viewed (from inside Russia) as the Russian empire vs the quasi-US/Nato-empire. We don't often look at this perspective, but it might be valid too. Two things are for sure: Russia is the aggressor, but the west effectively went back on assurances that NATO would not move east. This promise was broken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy_in_Russia_regarding_the_legitimacy_of_eastward_NATO_expansion#:~:text=In it, the minister, among,him without coordination with German

Last edited:
For a balanced perspective it is worth understanding the history of western involvement in this conflict. You could fram the conflict as an extension of the cold war. With Nato edging its way into a territory that was Russian. It can be viewed (from inside Russia) as the Russian empire vs the quasi-US/Nato-empire. We don't often look at this perspective, but it might be valid too. Two things are for sure: Russia is the aggressor, but the west effectively went back on assurances that NATO would not move east. This promise was broken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy_in_Russia_regarding_the_legitimacy_of_eastward_NATO_expansion#:~:text=In it, the minister, among,him without coordination with German

I did alot of studying on Rome, WW2 and the NI Troubles as part of my sociology studies but the whole Russia history, Cuban crisis, Berlin wall etc I have zero on, am meaning to go back and read up on how one of the allies of WW2 effectively become an enemy in such quick space of time

I mean even alaska was purchased from Russia in relatively recent times considering

I do like pished up videos of their previous leader absolutely bladdered

For a balanced perspective it is worth understanding the history of western involvement in this conflict. You could frame the conflict as an extension of the cold war. With Nato edging its way into a territory that was Russian. It can be viewed (from inside Russia) as the Russian empire vs the quasi-US/Nato-empire. We don't often look at this perspective, but it might be valid too. Two things are for sure: Russia is the aggressor, but the west effectively went back on assurances that NATO would not move east. This promise was broken.

Perhaps you can start by explaining what this Russian empire is?

It is not binary. A better balance is holding 150 states views (including many ex soviet states) that Russia is a terrorist state against the dozen or so other terrorists states view that what they are doing in Ukraine is acceptable.

Perhaps you can start by explaining what this Russian empire is?

It is not binary. A better balance is holding 150 states views (including many ex soviet states) that Russia is a terrorist state against the dozen or so other terrorists states view that what they are doing in Ukraine is acceptable.

Not sure why you have quoted me? your post has no relevance to mine. Russia encompasses many races, languages and time zones. whether pre1917, during Soviet times or now, it can be considered an empire.

at what costs?
wait him out, delay strategies - putin will die eventually.
perhaps better to build a long term strategy to deal with Russia, that includes a short terrm one that deals with putin.
but getting rid of him may not solve the problem that putin brings.

china got where it got to not because of the vision and action of individuals but the entire political machinery that actually delivers on 5, 10, 20 and 30 year masterplans.

Nor should they.

Putin needs defeating.

Interesting that now after the tanks the Ukraine are sending out an SOS for air support, have to wonder if this will eventually become a war with more proactive involvement from the west

Interesting that now after the tanks the Ukraine are sending out an SOS for air support, have to wonder if this will eventually become a war with more proactive involvement from the west

It's always been very difficult to see how it can be anything else unless the west tries to broker peace talks - which seems very unlikely any time soon as most have committed to protecting Ukraine sovereignty.

The only alternative is Western covert ops I guess.

Absolutely bizarre speech today from Poutine...

Suggesting that he is ready to test nuclear weapons now, blokes a kn0bjock

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Steve that guy looks thin on the right, until you realise it is 2 tattoos that make his waist look thin. He ain't that thin at all really.

Does anyone really think that these nuclear strike stories are any more than just talk? I think that there’s zero chance of World War 3. It’s all just talk trying to get the west to back off.

Back