• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

Left back cover?
The guy plays right back
If we're looking for left back cover, don't want to spend too much money on him and don't want to use up an overseas player squad place then a decent option could be somebody like Jaheim Headley from Huddersfield.

If we happen to have some money to spend then there is a Danish youngster called Patrick Dorgu currently playing for Lecce in Italy who is a seriously good prospect. I think he'd cost close to £20m however.

Kyle Walker Peters would also be a sensible option to cover both left and right back spots with a massive advantage that he counts as club trained. With only a year left on his Southampton deal the price probably wouldn't be too prohibitive but, despite growing up a Spurs fan, I'm not sure that KWP would want to leave Southampton to join a club that he didn't think he would be first choice at.

If we're looking for left back cover, don't want to spend too much money on him and don't want to use up an overseas player squad place then a decent option could be somebody like Jaheim Headley from Huddersfield.

If we happen to have some money to spend then there is a Danish youngster called Patrick Dorgu currently playing for Lecce in Italy who is a seriously good prospect. I think he'd cost close to £20m however.

Kyle Walker Peters would also be a sensible option to cover both left and right back spots with a massive advantage that he counts as club trained. With only a year left on his Southampton deal the price probably wouldn't be too prohibitive but, despite growing up a Spurs fan, I'm not sure that KWP would want to leave Southampton to join a club that he didn't think he would be first choice at.
We have been linked with Dorgu today
But €30m was the price I think I read

027a8736.jpg

Asia tour squad confirmed​

Mon 22 July 2024, 16:24|Tottenham Hotspur

The travelling squad for our pre-season tour of Japan and Korea has been confirmed.
We play J League champions Vissel Kobe in Tokyo on Saturday (11am UK), K League All Stars in Seoul on Wednesday week (31 July, 12noon UK) and FC Bayern, also in Seoul, on Saturday 3 August (12noon UK).
All matches will be streamed live on SPURSPLAY – find out more and sign up here.
The following players will make the trip...
George Abbott
Brandon Austin
Lucas Bergvall
Yves Bissouma
Ben Davies
Alfie Devine
Jamie Donley
Radu Dragusin (Korea only)
Archie Gray
Luca Gunter
Tyrese Hall
Brennan Johnson
Dejan Kulusevski
Will Lankshear
James Maddison
Mikey Moore
Ashley Phillips
Pedro Porro
Richarlison
Emerson Royal
Pape Matar Sarr
Dane Scarlett
Oliver Skipp
Manor Solomon
Heung-Min Son
Djed Spence
Destiny Udogie
Guglielmo Vicario
Alejo Veliz
Timo Werner
Alfie Whiteman
Fraser Forster remains at Hotspur Way as he continues his rehabilitation from a fractured foot. Rodrigo Bentancur, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Micky van de Ven will rejoin the squad closer to the start of the season after representing their countries in the latter stages of the Copa America and Euro 2024.
Bryan Gil and Sergio Reguilon have been granted permission not to travel in order to explore prospective transfer opportunities.

I never thought we should have sold KWP and he should have been selected for Euros. He played LB for England youth team that won WC with Sessegnon playing wide left, Steve Cooper knew Sess was never a defender.

027a8736.jpg

Asia tour squad confirmed​

Mon 22 July 2024, 16:24|Tottenham Hotspur

The travelling squad for our pre-season tour of Japan and Korea has been confirmed.
We play J League champions Vissel Kobe in Tokyo on Saturday (11am UK), K League All Stars in Seoul on Wednesday week (31 July, 12noon UK) and FC Bayern, also in Seoul, on Saturday 3 August (12noon UK).
All matches will be streamed live on SPURSPLAY – find out more and sign up here.
The following players will make the trip...
George Abbott
Brandon Austin
Lucas Bergvall
Yves Bissouma
Ben Davies
Alfie Devine
Jamie Donley
Radu Dragusin (Korea only)
Archie Gray
Luca Gunter
Tyrese Hall
Brennan Johnson
Dejan Kulusevski
Will Lankshear
James Maddison
Mikey Moore
Ashley Phillips
Pedro Porro
Richarlison
Emerson Royal
Pape Matar Sarr
Dane Scarlett
Oliver Skipp
Manor Solomon
Heung-Min Son
Djed Spence
Destiny Udogie
Guglielmo Vicario
Alejo Veliz
Timo Werner
Alfie Whiteman
Fraser Forster remains at Hotspur Way as he continues his rehabilitation from a fractured foot. Rodrigo Bentancur, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Micky van de Ven will rejoin the squad closer to the start of the season after representing their countries in the latter stages of the Copa America and Euro 2024.
Bryan Gil and Sergio Reguilon have been granted permission not to travel in order to explore prospective transfer opportunities.

Good news that Richarlison is fit enough to travel.

Interesting that Royal and Solomon don't make the Gil and Reguilon list.

Presumably Dorrington is injured too?

Good news that Richarlison is fit enough to travel.

Interesting that Royal and Solomon don't make the Gil and Reguilon list.

Presumably Dorrington is injured too?

Yep, Richi was in pics on plane, so hopefully good news

Royal is one with interest (Milan, supposedly Saudi as well)c, for right offer he goes, don't think Ange is worried if worse case he stays. Edit, rumour is it's one of Royal or Spence

Solomon will always be likely to be sold in January window if he doesn't improve, never likely it was this one.

Last edited:
Liked the look of Victor Kristiansen at the Euros. Danish left back, pacy and good stamina. Plays for Bologna and no idea on value but would be a good option when Udogie isn't available.
Only 21 so still room to improve as well.

In a years time that’s a LOT of cBs
In a year I assume Romero will be snapped up by Real Madrid or somesuch for £100m, and Davies will be sold to Swansea for £1m.
Then it all looks very different with only Dragusin and VdV as the trusted PL level players, then lots of kids with high potential.

In a year I assume Romero will be snapped up by Real Madrid or somesuch for £100m, and Davies will be sold to Swansea for £1m.
Then it all looks very different with only Dragusin and VdV as the trusted PL level players, then lots of kids with high potential.
Real won’t pay that
They are not paying out transfer fees for older players
They are for younger ones

For me the most important thing is being pretty DAMN sure about any pricey new signings i.e. it has taken us years and years to whittle down the dross and we're still trying to scrape some of them off our shoes.

E.g. most people that mention Jonathan David say they aren't very convinced, he is a bit wooden, bit clunky etc. so that is a big red flag to me. Lots of 'quite good' forwards have come to the Prem, looked OK, charged around a bit and failed.

Note, I really like the spend on Gray and Bergvall, they look great and immediately pass the eye test, almost nobody is worried about those signings.

For me the most important thing is being pretty DAMN sure about any pricey new signings i.e. it has taken us years and years to whittle down the dross and we're still trying to scrape some of them off our shoes.

E.g. most people that mention Jonathan David say they aren't very convinced, he is a bit wooden, bit clunky etc. so that is a big red flag to me. Lots of 'quite good' forwards have come to the Prem, looked OK, charged around a bit and failed.

Note, I really like the spend on Gray and Bergvall, they look great and immediately pass the eye test, almost nobody is worried about those signings.
That’s part of the reason I like Toney
20 goals in 33 games in his first season playing for a negative side

Back