• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

[Very aware that this is more than slightly braggadocious]

I've been lucky to have a number of pretty amazing experiences in my Spurs-supporting life. But translating for Ledley and Ossie is definitely up there. Such an honour. Such a great night in Tokyo.

View attachment 17414
Even in England Ossie can need translating
Lovely bloke but after several glasses of wine he is hard to understand at times

Surely have to be in with a shout of first team football next season? Lets just take a punt and see what happens.
I want to see our youth succeed as much as the next person. But let's have it right, expectations are for Ange to get us going for a top 4 spot. It's easy for us armchair fans to say 'let's take a punt and see what happens' but there is much at stake, and let's not pretends fans won't be complaining if these 'punts' don't come off. Moore, Lankshear et al are extremely talented but have played the square root of naff all competitive football - compare that to the likes of Gray and Bergvall.

We've seen GHod knows how many young players look promising in friendlies never to get near the first team. Whilst there does appear to be some real special talent on our books right now, the likelihood is that most of them will get loaned out to gain experience with the exception of Moore who will likely get some sub appearances and Europa League experience.

I know what you mean harr, but I think it is fairly easy for a wide attacker like Moore to get minutes i.e. it is not down the spine of the team, it is not a vital DM or defence role, it is the easiest position to chuck him in and see what happens

I want to see our youth succeed as much as the next person. But let's have it right, expectations are for Ange to get us going for a top 4 spot. It's easy for us armchair fans to say 'let's take a punt and see what happens' but there is much at stake, and let's not pretends fans won't be complaining if these 'punts' don't come off. Moore, Lankshear et al are extremely talented but have played the square root of naff all competitive football - compare that to the likes of Gray and Bergvall.

We've seen GHod knows how many young players look promising in friendlies never to get near the first team. Whilst there does appear to be some real special talent on our books right now, the likelihood is that most of them will get loaned out to gain experience with the exception of Moore who will likely get some sub appearances and Europa League experience.

A very fair point, but I get the impression Ange is testing the waters to use Lankshear off the bench next season (what can he do in 20 mins sort of stuff) and Moore will be here anyway. I think Lankshear is forcing Ange to rethink the initial loan plan. Will be interesting to see. I'd take the punt personally, but I am a fan not an expert!!!!

Back