• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2024

Donely featuring in Udogie's role is an interesting development

I know #10 is his natural position, but i assumed he would be a bit too bulky to have the mobility for the LB part. Id be interested to hear how he got on there.

Donely featuring in Udogie's role is an interesting development

I know #10 is his natural position, but i assumed he would be a bit too bulky to have the mobility for the LB part. Id be interested to hear how he got on there.
I wouldn't imagine Udogies position would be a good fit for him. Technically easily good enough. Smart brain easily has that, but not the power and directness Udog delivers from time to time.

Sad to hear that Udogie hasn't recovered from his "quadricep injury" that he suffered during training. Perhaps it accounts for his sub par performances latter part of the season.

Has Veliz featured in the friendlies so far?

Sad to hear that Udogie hasn't recovered from his "quadricep injury" that he suffered during training. Perhaps it accounts for his sub par performances latter part of the season.

Has Veliz featured in the friendlies so far?

Yeah, came on as a sub Vs Hearts.
Didnt get long as Lankshear, Veliz and Scarlett all took turns up top in the 2nd half.

Closed down well, lots of energy. Gets stuck in and got a bloody nose.

I thought he looked better with Lankshear up top, but he did well. Hopefully he gets another chance Vs QPR, and not just 15mins.

Agreed, just to get them some match fitness (I'm expecting/hoping Dragusin plays at least 40% of the available match-time this coming season).
I think it is a good thing to have players playing slightly out of position as a learning tool for them. Different perspective and empathy for how their teammates would operate in those positions.

So far, I'm happy with the direction we're going and I hope Ange is happy too (so far) with regards to the transfer business and academy outputs. I think it also sends an important message to the first-teamers that think their places are cemented in the team.

So … is anyone else potentially heading to the St Albans City vs Spurs XI tomorrow afternoon? Any idea what sort of lineup to expect?

I’m debating taking my three year old to his first Spurs game, given we’re local and it’s likely to be a family affair.

I would expect similar to what we saw on Wednesday.
Then trim the squad for the tour and get the first team more minuets as the tour goes.

Back