• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

CCV and Onomah just seem to need a loan to me. They don't seem match sharp, both highly talented, not used to playing senior competitive games.

KWP is clearly one for the future. Just turned 20, he's got drive and ability.

I agree they will need to sharpen up to play regularly, but only 45 mins of the first game of the season. If you were judging Dier by the same token, you'd baulk at his sloppy pass in the first 10 mins.

I would agree that sending a couple of them out on loan would be the ideal solution, but Poch apparently doesn't like to loan players out - I personally disagree with that approach, but he's earned his right to develop the players the way he wants to.

But that does mean that CCV and Onomah are possibly going to have to develop the required sharpness in-house - which also means that relying on them to be second-choices might not be the best strategy if we want to stay competitive.

As for KWP, he's older than CCV, iirc - his development will have to proceed a bit quicker than CCV's if he wants to become our second-choice RB. I personally don't think we should make that gamble - I'd rather he become our third choice RB/LB (given his versatility), and then move up to second choice in a year or two when one of Trippier/Rose/Davies moves on.

As for Dier, you have a point. Although I'd also cheer at his unbelievable, Puskas-worthy goal, so it evens out. ;)

Two academy lads in the back 4. Only Eriksen a clear first choice in the front 4 including Onomah and Nkoudou who both were bit part players last season. Good showing against a strong PSG side even though they were obviously far from their best level.

Don't forget this was our first game too

No excuses from PSG surely!!!

Just seen the highlights. Decent result. Right hand side slightly worrying as we got cut apart there twicefor the goals, but it's pre season and Trippier will be playing won't he, plus Verts (not sure if he played was it's CCV?).

Good for Eriksen and Kane to score as well as Dier and Toby, hope they can get a few more this season.

Wish I had stayed up for this now!

Am I right in thinking we have generally had slow starts under Poch in the previous 3 seasons? If we fix that problem and start well then we could be on for a very good league season indeed

Wish I had stayed up for this now!

Am I right in thinking we have generally had slow starts under Poch in the previous 3 seasons? If we fix that problem and start well then we could be on for a very good league season indeed

We didn't have a slow start last season, but got too many draws once the CL kicked in.

Shame we are playing in this event in the states when we could have been playing in "a fantastic tournament" like Liverpool, it's a rare event when you ca get world class side of the calibre of Palace, WBA and Leicester together to thrill the watching world.

We didn't have a slow start last season, but got too many draws once the CL kicked in.

We got too many draws when we lost TOBY!!!!!

We were still winning when Kane got injured

But when we lost Toby we suddenly dropped back 5 yards

We also had some games where some opposition players had worldies - West Brom away being fosters best ever game I think

Shame we are playing in this event in the states when we could have been playing in "a fantastic tournament" like Liverpool, it's a rare event when you ca get world class side of the calibre of Palace, WBA and Leicester together to thrill the watching world.
I don't get the premier league vs premier league pre season friendlies but I understand why they are done. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$€$$€£££££££££

Ah yeah, also coincided with Kane's first injury spell - we seemed to have overcome that particular reliance by the time he was out the second time so hopefully we can juggle the CL better too now we know what is in store

I don't get the premier league vs premier league pre season friendlies but I understand why they are done. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$€$$€£££££££££
Yeah it's unbelievable, I wouldn't walk up to my local park to watch any of them, yet in Asia they'll watch any old rubbish, suppose it explains the number of United and Liverpool "fans" out there.

Eriksen in the Daily Mirror about spending, said its a British things to believe you need to spend big to win where we have a great first team that does not require much at all.

Was spot on

Back