• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Jeremy Corbyn says he is "not happy" with UK police or security services operating a "shoot-to-kill" policy in the event of a terror attack.

The Labour leader told the BBC such an approach could "often be counter-productive".

He also declined to answer what he called the "hypothetical question" of whether he would ever back military intervention against extremists.

"I'm not saying I would or I wouldn't," he said.
Did you watch him, it is pretty clear when you see the video. I do not really care for party politics, I proudly drew a line across my ballot paper in the summer. NONE OF THE ABOVE is my new motto in life.

That said this guy is an utter loon and more dangerous then Nick Griffin for this country now.

Did you watch him, it is pretty clear when you see the video. I do not really care for party politics, I proudly drew a line across my ballot paper in the summer. NONE OF THE ABOVE is my new motto in life.

That said this guy is an utter loon and more dangerous then Nick Griffin for this country now.

Lol, that's a good one!:p

Corbyn is too honest (and probably too soft) for his own good. But let's be clear, many decision on national security would be taken by people and organisations beyond Number 10: The PM would just be a figurehead; he'd say as much purple-flowery talk as he'd want but there'd be other key figures who'd actually take decisions in the event that decisions needed to be done.

Don't worry your cotton socks: even if Corbyn was in Power, if the button for the Nuke needed to be pressed - it WOULD be pressed!

Corbyn is too honest (and probably too soft) for his own good. But let's be clear, many decision on national security would be taken by people and organisations beyond Number 10: The PM would just be a figurehead; he'd say as much purple-flowery talk as he'd want but there'd be other key figures who'd actually take decisions in the event that decisions needed to be done.

Don't worry your cotton socks: even if Corbyn was in Power, if the button for the Nuke needed to be pressed - it WOULD be pressed!
phewww i can sleep easy tonight then;)

Except the guy who presses the button would be on one of his contracted 17 sick days per year. There's nobody to maintain the warheads because it's actually quite a difficult job, and seeing as we all get the same state salary (whether we bother working or not) he's gone to waste his time pushing trollies at Commumart, the state supermarket that only sells potatoes and steel - the only things a good citizen needs. We couldn't target it because the US don't let dangerous left wing extremists have access to GPS and there's no power for the computers because we're all surviving on the coal dug from empty state mines.

Except the guy who presses the button would be on one of his contracted 17 sick days per year. There's nobody to maintain the warheads because it's actually quite a difficult job, and seeing as we all get the same state salary (whether we bother working or not) he's gone to waste his time pushing trollies at Commumart - the state supermarket that only sells potatoes and steel, because they're the only things a good citizen needs. We couldn't target it because the US don't let dangerous left wing extremists have access to GPS and there's no power for the computers because we're all surviving on the coal dug from empty state mines.

I actually laughed out loud! :D

Corbyns anti war stance is farcical. It's not a world full of anti imperialist weed smokers you idiot.
The thing I really hate about people like him and his opinion on war is the insinuation that such an opinion makes them better than everyone else, that we're just all bloodthirsty warmongers who can't wait to go and raze a few cities just for bricks and giggles.

You know what you beardy clam? All of us would like there to be no war, we'd all like to end suffering. Some of us simply believe that asking people ever so nicely if they wouldn't mind just not shooting people rarely works.

You just get the feeling that he does not really like being the leader of the opposition, and well frankly he just want's to go back to the back benches and claim his salary and go around spouting flimflam that no one listens to.

Read a fantastic quote about him this morning:

http://new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/the-answer-for-sensible-moderate-labour-folk-leave/ said:
although his ongoing decision to surround himself with a team of people who seem to have each been tasked, individually, with emphasising a different bad thing about him does take some beating.

I have no issue with a politician batting back a hypothetical question, its nonsense, I have a major issue with one who rules out a specific response in advance of any pertinent facts.

The thing I really hate about people like him and his opinion on war is the insinuation that such an opinion makes them better than everyone else, that we're just all bloodthirsty warmongers who can't wait to go and raze a few cities just for bricks and giggles.

You know what you beardy clam? All of us would like there to be no war, we'd all like to end suffering. Some of us simply believe that asking people ever so nicely if they wouldn't mind just not shooting people rarely works.

There was no such insinuation... but your slip is showing.

We could always follow the American way, if you do not agree with us we will bomb the brick out of you and makes things worse. Then walk away blaming everyone else and denying any responsibility for the mess left laying around, its the good old American why d'ont you know.

We could always follow the American way, if you do not agree with us we will bomb the brick out of you and makes things worse. Then walk away blaming everyone else and denying any responsibility for the mess left laying around, its the good old American why d'ont you know.

I does have a certain gravitas about it. There is no problem no matter how irritating and troublesome, that can't be solved with use of a very small tactical nuke. It's comforting!

Except the guy who presses the button would be on one of his contracted 17 sick days per year. There's nobody to maintain the warheads because it's actually quite a difficult job, and seeing as we all get the same state salary (whether we bother working or not) he's gone to waste his time pushing trollies at Commumart, the state supermarket that only sells potatoes and steel - the only things a good citizen needs. We couldn't target it because the US don't let dangerous left wing extremists have access to GPS and there's no power for the computers because we're all surviving on the coal dug from empty state mines.

I don't really agree with your parody - but that was fudging funny!

I does have a certain gravitas about it. There is no problem no matter how irritating and troublesome, that can't be solved with use of a very small tactical nuke. It's comforting!

Indeed the yanks have been doing it for years, mind you there has to be some wealth in it for them somewhere.

There's not much point in us adding to the bombs that the USA are currently dropping on Syria. The Yanks aren't having that much success, except when they work with Kurdish forces on the ground -- The Kurds are their only significant ally on the ground, until they eventually give up with the idea of over-throwing Assad. They spent $40-$50 million training and equipping 'moderates' and they managed to retain all of 5 (yes, five) fighters. It's why all the bombs dropped so far haven't significantly weakened ISIS, except when they can get the Kurds on the ground to help.

It's why Russian bombs are (apparently) being more effective, as they are working with the Syrian government forces on the ground, who are in turn bolstered by Iranian forces and Hezbollah fighters. They are targeting the anti-government forces too, but ISIS are taking hits as well. They say that you can't win a war from the air alone. I'd imagine that's even more difficult when you aren't actually attacking a nation state.

So, in the end, we (The West) are going to have to take the deal that Russia came up with in 2012 -- leave Assad in place for the time being, help the Syrian government to stay in control and then everyone, together, targets ISIS. We could add some bombs at that stage, but with Russia and America on the case, it's a bit like bringing a pack of sparklers to a fireworks display. America wasn't interested back then because they were convinced Assad would be over-thrown, but Russia and Iran have decided otherwise. Right now, there is more scope for compromise on their part.

I think the latest attacks by ISIS will weaken their position in Syria because Russia and America will reach a compromise over Assad, and then most of the guns will get turned on ISIS as a result. So when Corbyn, or anyone else, talks of a political settlement, this is what they mean. They aren't talking about getting ISIS around the table, because they obviously have no interest in that.

Jeremy Corbyn says he is "not happy" with UK police or security services operating a "shoot-to-kill" policy in the event of a terror attack.

The Labour leader told the BBC such an approach could "often be counter-productive".

I am no fan of Corbyn but he is doing exactly what he should be doing- providing opposition. Sounds easy doesn't it let's shoot-to-kill the terrorists? Perhaps we should ask the family of Jean Charles de Menezes how the policy worked out for their son last time there was a terrorist attack. Now don't get me wrong I have no sympathy for terrorists but this policy in itself is dangerous and needs to be properly planned and the armed officers properly prepared before implementing. It should only be the last resort.

I am no fan of Corbyn but he is doing exactly what he should be doing- providing opposition. Sounds easy doesn't it let's shoot-to-kill the terrorists? Perhaps we should ask the family of Jean Charles de Menezes how the policy worked out for their son last time there was a terrorist attack. Now don't get me wrong I have no sympathy for terrorists but this policy in itself is dangerous and needs to be properly planned and the armed officers properly prepared before implementing. It should only be the last resort.

I agree, and that is what Corbyn is doing. That is what he said not what was put up by the other poster which was only part of what he said.

Considering the only time the button would need pressing is if there are nuclear bombs set to land all over the country within half an hour wiping us all out I really wouldn't give a monkeys whether he presses it or sews it onto one of his shirts.

Back