• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Quite liking the jist of Labour at the moment I must say, some good stuff coming out but not enough of it.

Agree. Stamer is absolutely nailing the centre ground:
- Aim for 70% home ownership (in contrast to the Tory's private landlord sell-off)
- A state owned super energy company (not quite nationalisation, but a step in the right direction)
- Clear post-Brexit policies (immigration policies a long way away from social dumping)

All sounding really positive - a big shift Keynesian, but no EU backtracking.

Agree. Stamer is absolutely nailing the centre ground:
- Aim for 70% home ownership (in contrast to the Tory's private landlord sell-off)
- A state owned super energy company (not quite nationalisation, but a step in the right direction)
- Clear post-Brexit policies (immigration policies a long way away from social dumping)

All sounding really positive - a big shift Keynesian, but no EU backtracking.

As long as he does not backtrack and say he wants to go back in the EU then he has my vote, same way I felt about Corbyn.

Hated Cameron after he lied about the Lisbon treaty(though it enabled brexit so I should be grateful) not come close to voting Tory since. Seen nothing recently to change my mind

not come close to voting Tory since. Seen nothing recently to change my mind

You mean destroying the pound; having the IMF describe us in terms of an emerging economy; pushing inflation into double figures; running public services into the ground while giving billions to their mates in contracts; and lying continually to the public hasn’t won you over?

No pleasing some people. :D

Quite liking the jist of Labour at the moment I must say, some good stuff coming out but not enough of it.
Two years until the GE. Not point blowing your full load now.
Now Johnson is gone, it's harder for the Tories to steal the good ideas.
See how the nation reacts to today's speech and build upon it until the GE.
This needs to be the foundations for defining what Labour stand for in modern Britain after the big jump to the left was rejected.

This needs to be the foundations for defining what Labour stand for in modern Britain after the big jump to the left was rejected.
Issue is the ideas and stand points need a bigger reach
The press are still mainly Tory so don’t highlight alternative views enough for the brains dead and chavs to find

There won't be much left of the UK by the time a general election comes around at this rate. The question to ask is whether this is nothing more than incompetence or by design. I would say the latter as I tend to think the worst of bad people, but either way, if you write a bunch of ideologues a blank cheque (that's Brexit for those at the back) they will eventually cash it in. This is what cashing in looks like.

Issue is the ideas and stand points need a bigger reach
The press are still mainly Tory so don’t highlight alternative views enough for the brains dead and chavs to find
Agreed. Also part of the reason for the timing - against Johnson it was impossible for anything to cut through because of big personality and gaslighting.

Now - this lot are going to be atrocious, people are going to feel it hard. Little bits of messaging will reach people.
One thing the press in the UK like more than backing the Tories, is backing the winning side. When things are bad, they won't back Truss - she is cannon fodder.

It's just Blair from 1995 now - the prize is in hand, just don't drop the ball.

If the sane tories start supporting opposition amendments to Krazy's financial bills, and there's more rollouts of strikes, it could happen much sooner

Back