• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

In these times of over reaction and hyperbole i think your post is one of the biggest understatements I've ever seen.
Who came up with this nonsense.

RIGHT?!

I mean, i am still trying to get my head round it. I can't see how they think this will get them elected in 2024? It's just an absolute firesale providing insane levels of wealth to those already wealthy.

How will the Daily Mail and Sun sell this to the white van man? Scenes when the Tories still get massive election numbers in next GE...

RIGHT?!

I mean, i am still trying to get my head round it. I can't see how they think this will get them elected in 2024? It's just an absolute firesale providing insane levels of wealth to those already wealthy.

How will the Daily Mail and Sun sell this to the white van man? Scenes when the Tories still get massive election numbers in next GE...

I imagine it's been done to get them on the boards of companies after they leave office.

RIGHT?!

Maybe they are salting the earth. That's all I can think of.

Absolutely.
They've given up on reelection. So reward your mates and create a brick show for Labour/coalition in the next cycle that will make them unpopular and make the Tories appealing in two elections time.

It's this exactly. They know what's coming at the ballot box and are crashing the economy in a way which will allow them to benefit themselves and their ultra-wealthy mates. We are in banana republic territory now. They openly don't give a brick.

RIGHT?!

Odd really, I don't think there was any complaints from those on the 45% rate about paying it either.

People renewing mortgages next year are fudged, mine is up in January 2024 - hopefully rates are coming down by then.

Odd really, I don't think there was any complaints from those on the 45% rate about paying it either.

People renewing mortgages next year are fudged, mine is up in January 2024 - hopefully rates are coming down by then.

Renew it now. An offer will last 6 months normally. Edit: 2024, okay. Hopefully will start to correct by then.

Crazynomics. Post Brexit we’ve been sliding down through the dregs of government talent. Each leader and government progressively worse than the last. Brexit broke our democracy. Ironic as it was supposed to give the UK complete control, yet we’ve lost control of our elected officials and ended up with the scrapings of the Tory party in charge.

Last edited:
Technically, we lost against Lisbon. I’m not saying it was a defeat, but the football authorities have said it’s a technical defeat. Which I’m not saying, as I think we will bounce back and win.

Renew it now. An offer will last 6 months normally. Edit: 2024, okay. Hopefully will start to correct by then.

Crazynomics. Post Brexit we’ve been sliding down through the dregs of government talent. Each leader and government progressively worse than the last. Brexit broke our democracy. Ironic as it was supposed to give the UK complete control, yet we’ve lost control of our elected officials and ended up with the scrapings of the Tory party in charge.

As others have set, just setting fire to everything so when they're voted out soon, they slum off to million pound paying jobs with their mates.

Still waiting to hear from @markysimmo - IR35 might help now but apart from that, nothing in the budget helps unless you're earning millions

As others have set, just setting fire to everything so when they're voted out soon, they slum off to million pound paying jobs with their mates.

Still waiting to hear from @markysimmo - IR35 might help now but apart from that, nothing in the budget helps unless you're earning millions
Stamp Duty was the big winner for me
We're looking in 2023 to buy our 1st home, today will save us £8k
Nothing from an IR35 has given me much extra in terms of take home pay

Stamp Duty was the big winner for me
We're looking in 2023 to buy our 1st home, today will save us £8k
Nothing from an IR35 has given me much extra in terms of take home pay

First time buyer stamp duty thresholds were already very generous.
Is that 8k after inflationary impacts and increased mortgage rates? Or just the stamp duty direct cost?

RIGHT?!

They will get votes as they know how to spin things
It’s fudging grim but it’s how elections are won
Too many things now are dictated by social media and elections are a huge part of that
They will claim this is investment into the economy

They will get votes as they know how to spin things
It’s fudging grim but it’s how elections are won
Too many things now are dictated by social media and elections are a huge part of that
They will claim this is investment into the economy
This won't wash. They have taken it too far this time and no spin will cover the fallout. This is not even a pale imitation of conservatism at this point. They are cashing out and poisoning the well for the next patsy that comes along. fudge everyone and fudge off.

I'm not sure there are enough gormless fudges to vote them in next time though, but who knows as this has been the right's playbook as long as politics have existed and they still come back.

Back