• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

The only silver lining i am clinging to is surely people are not stupid enough to vote this lot back in AGAIN in 2 years (are they?).

Vote tactically, vote Labour or Lib Dem, and let's fix the last 12 years.

One thing i will say, as a major hypocrite, 73% of the cabinet is privately educated vs 7% of the population, why do the Sun and Mail readers continually avoid the evidence in front of them? I went to state school, but send my eldest private and absolutely hate the fact i do this (little one still too young). I'd rather not but the fact is, it will put them in a better position for the future. And i hate that.

People should wake up to it then. Maybe that's what it takes. But you reap what you sow at the end of the day. People want the Tories in power, they get all the brick that comes with it.

How long does it take for the consequences of your actions take to filter through, when it comes to voting it seems never.

Played a blinder on her first day, against all odds.

She/her cabinet didn't do anything unexpected though? I thought we'd all read the room that she was going to stop the nasty energy companies from topping up their £170bill profit and proceed to look like shining white knights. Keeps the plebs happy and forgetful, one of the oldest but most effective political plays in the book.

She/her cabinet didn't do anything unexpected though? I thought we'd all read the room that she was going to stop the nasty energy companies from topping up their £170bill profit and proceed to look like shining white knights. Keeps the plebs happy and forgetful, one of the oldest but most effective political plays in the book.
She reisted the pressure for a windfall tax and began the plans for energy independence.

That's quite a lot more than just trying to scare off investment like the other lot wanted.

She reisted the pressure for a windfall tax and began the plans for energy independence.

That's quite a lot more than just trying to scare off investment like the other lot wanted.
I'm a little surprised you are so blase about paying what is effectively a new stealth tax that is landing on you and your business considering your aversion to all things tax-like. And it is a tax just not on the guys who are absolutely creaming it. And then she'll probably give them a tax cut on top of it in true Tory fashion. Champion of the little people is Liz 'thanks for the 100k donation ' Truss.

that old 'cry wolf' chestnut after the big energy companies admitted last time that windfall taxes would not impact on their investment and future operations.

that old 'cry wolf' chestnut after the big energy companies admitted last time that windfall taxes would not impact on their investment and future operations.
That's when they wanted the govt to top.upntheir profits. What companies say publicly and what they think and do are entirely different.

I'm a little surprised you are so blase about paying what is effectively a new stealth tax that is landing on you and your business considering your aversion to all things tax-like. And it is a tax just not on the guys who are absolutely creaming it. And then she'll probably give them a tax cut on top of it in true Tory fashion. Champion of the little people is Liz 'thanks for the 100k donation ' Truss.
I'm not a fan of taxation, but I'm not a fan of the economy imploding either.

CBILS will cost us too, but once the decision was (incorrectly) made to lock down and kill the economy, it was the only option.

This tax is the cost of Ukraine's sovereignty and it's worth it.

I'm not a fan of taxation, but I'm not a fan of the economy imploding either.

CBILS will cost us too, but once the decision was (incorrectly) made to lock down and kill the economy, it was the only option.

This tax is the cost of Ukraine's sovereignty and it's worth it.
Ah. I understand. You are inconsistent.

Yip. Borne out by levels of investment and growth in France, which have far outstripped ours, despite companies being forced to pay their way fairly of late.

Back