• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Besiktas have made a bid for Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor, according to the Turkish club's director Ahmet Piper.

The Togo international struggled for form in the Premier League last season, bagging just five goals in 25 appearances following his £5million move from Emirates Marketing Project.

Adebayor initially shone at White Hart Lane during a loan stint from City, only for the scoring exploits which earned him a permanent deal with Spurs to evaporate.

He could now be offered a route to pastures new, with Piper claiming that they have tabled an offer to Tottenham for the former Arsenal man.

Piper told Turkish news outlet Fanatik: "It is certainly true that we are looking at the idea of a transfer. We have made a serious bid for Adebayor.

"That, in turn, has given us a figure for the player, which is slightly above the amount that we imagined.

"However, making a signing as big as this immediately is nothing but a dream.

"Negotiations always take a long time. I hope that we will get a chance to have a meeting soon."

Is there a chance they took the bit in bold and put their own little spin on it?

Well no, they've quoted a completely different person in the Evening Standard. As posted above.

It's ever possible that the club and personal terms are above what they expected. Both could be correct.

Well, I would have to assume if we accepted a bid for Ade, we have at least 1, probably 2 strikers damn close to done.

Rose to Sunderland for 7m apparently

Odd if true. When you factor in the stories of Assou-Ekotto being on the way out and Fryers not being up to scratch, it suggests we're definitely bringing in a new left-back. Unless the paper talk about Assou-Ekotto is nonsense of course...

I can see Rose leaving for £7m, a decent price for a player who whilst having played well on loan, has it still to prove and still a lot to learn.

I think AVB wants a new left back but we could see BAE as a back up.

I can see Rose leaving for £7m, a decent price for a player who whilst having played well on loan, has it still to prove and still a lot to learn.

I think AVB wants a new left back but we could see BAE as a back up.

BAE is going IMO. Tales about Fryers are not good.

Rose does not turn me on.

Could there be something in the Luke Shaw rumours? If we bring in him or someone like him then selling Rose would make perfect sense.

Saints won't sell though and Shaw has been said to be a Chelsea supporter. We won't sign Luke Shaw, even if I'd like us to do so.

We'll more likely sign a player from Serie A, someone that Baldini knows.

There were some rather complimentary remarks from AVB about Benny at the end of the season. Maybe he rates him higher than we think.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rose and in particular his mouthy attitude so selling him for 7m would be good business in my opinion, and it would probably indicate another LB is on the menu.

Tottenham full back Benoit Assou-Ekotto will not be leaving White Hart Lane because he is ‘extremely important’ to the team, according to head coach Andre Villas-Boas.

The 29-year-old has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane following an injury-hit season that limited him to 12 starts in the league.

But the Portuguese coach is adamant that he remains a big part of his plans as the north Londoners bid to secure Champions League qualification next season.

“We finally have Benoit [Assou-Ekotto] back so, apart from the fluid that he has on the knee, he was involved in all of the fixtures since he got back,” said Villas-Boas.

“He’s an extremely important player for us. We have Danny Rose coming back and Zeki Fryers so we have to make the best decision [for next season].”

We have to clear a lot of players out. Rose would be one of them, given his resale value and seeming preference to play elsewhere. Naughton might be one of them, should Smith prove sufficient LB/RB cover for the coming season. Hudd is probably one of them (a shame, given that he would probably do quite well in a 4-3-3 alongside Sandro/Dembele and an energetic Paulinho). Ade is probably one of them, given Defoe's reluctance to move out of London/ the south and Ade's high wages. One of Lennon or Townsend, probably, given our interest in inside wingers like Chadli, Nani, Halilovic and Bernard. Parker is probably one, should we purchase another central midfielder (otherwise, we'll probably keep him: decent cover, even at his age). And finally, Kane is probably another one, given the unlikeliness of him securing a first-team spot.

Additionally, I think we should probably seek PL loans for Carroll and Livermore; both could do with a season of first-team, top flight football under their belts.

Lots to be done, and not much done yet. Still pretty calm about it, though.

Mick McCarthy was pleased to see Paul Anderson make an immediate impact in a blue shirt as Town came out on top at Crawley.

The wideman, who joined from Bristol City on Monday, set up Daryl Murphy’s opener in the 2-1 win against the League One club.

“We’re obviously delighted to have Paul here and he started well for us,” said the Town boss.

“He created the first goal and I was pleased with him. I have kept an eye on him for a long while. He will be a good asset to us.”

Town had three trialists in action, Dan Seaborne, Dean Gerken *and Bongani Khumalo, who is spending time with Blues from Tottenham.

“Bongani did okay. He’s quick and athletic but we are not looking to sign him. He’s here with a view to a possible loan deal," added Mick.

“There is no decision on the other two lads either. They wanted to come here and get fit and they are looking for a club. I know they have other interested clubs and we are looking at other players as well so we’ll see what happens but it’s at the back where we need to add to our numbers.”

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/mick-on-crawley-907058.aspx

Echo Exclusive: Sunderland close to sealing £5million deal for Tottenham star Huddlestone

SUNDERLAND are closing in on the signing of £5million-rated Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone.

The Echo first revealed the Black Cats’ interest in the 26-year-old last month, after preliminary talks were held.

Since then, little has been heard publicly, with delicate negotiations going on behind the scenes.

But a move could now to be tied up in the next few days, with Spurs understood to have accepted a price for the tough-tackling play-maker.

White Hart Lane chairman Daniel Levy is known for driving a notoriously hard bargain and to be happy dragging out negotiations to do so.

But this time Sunderland look set to profit from Spurs’ desire to set the ball rolling as soon as possible on their summer clear-out.

Levy, who is determined to hold on to world-class asset Gareth Bale, knows that the club has to move up to the next level to keep their superstar happy.

Already Spurs have made a statement of intent, breaking the club transfer record with the signing of £17m Brazil midfielder Paulinho and are rumoured to be readying a £15m opening bid for free-scoring Valencia striker Roberto Soldado.

But the spending spree will need to be supported by sales and Spurs want to get on with a major offloading of players.

As well as Huddlestone, the Echo understands that even the likes of promising young full-back Kyle Naughton and striker Jermain Defoe can go, as well as other more obvious targets like Scott Parker, Emmanuel Adebayor and Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

High-earning under-achievers William Gallas and David Bentley have already been released after their contracts expired.

But Levy needs to begin the clear-out sooner rather than later this summer.

And with Sunderland having made a firm offer for Huddlestone, Levy has decided to accept, in a bid to set the ball rolling on White Hart Lane’s summer sales.

Huddlestone, who had become unsettled at Spurs because of his lack of first-team opportunities, is ready to move.

The 6ft 3in former Derby County prodigy played 29 games last season but was keen to be involved in many more.

“At times, you think you might need to move,” he admitted.

“I am 26 now and missed a year to 18 months through injury.

“You just want to play every game.

“And if that opportunity is not at Tottenham, then I will have to look elsewhere.”

Huddlestone is under contract until 2015, which would normally put Spurs in the driving seat, especially as Hull City boss Steve Bruce has shown an interest and Fulham made an offer in January.

But Sunderland have been upfront and positive in their approach for the player – just as they were with another major target, Jozy Altidore – and that looks set to pay dividends again.

The one thing that could clearly scupper a Huddlestone move is if he fails a medical – given the serious ankle injury which sidelined him for so long at Spurs.

But there’s no doubt that a fit and in-form Huddlestone would be a tremendous addition to Sunderland’s squad.

And the ball-playing midfielder with a fearsome shot would expect to be a first-team regular in the new season if he signed.

Now Sunderland, who are closing in on other targets, will hope to make swift progress on the Tottenham midfielder.

The Black Cats’ pursuit of Huddlestone – just like that of 28-year-old Juventus midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini – also gives the lie to the suggestion that the club will be slavish in their adherence to the “Udinese model” where they would only interested in buying young players of promise with a potential high re-sale value.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...deal-for-tottenham-star-huddlestone-1-5843019

Back