• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

I honestly do not understand how you think he will get better on the ball. It’s just magical thinking at this point.

He will improve his timing and his choices but his skills? No.
He actually has very good on the ball skills, he's an all rounder. The most obvious thing is his great stamina but he has quality on the ball and in a subtle way. The boy can pass when he's given the freedom to do so. We don't see it as often as I'd like but he definitely has through the lines passing within him and the vision to play them. He's done it multiple times during his time with us.

Recall as well that all of our good football last season came with him in the side, he was an important to the speed and quality of the ball rotation as anyone else.

This season he admittedly been surprisingly poor at times but let's not forget how good he has been at times and what he has demonstrated for us.

He actually has very good on the ball skills, he's an all rounder. The most obvious thing is his great stamina but he has quality on the ball and in a subtle way. The boy can pass when he's given the freedom to do so. We don't see it as often as I'd like but he definitely has through the lines passing within him and the vision to play them. He's done it multiple times during his time with us.

Recall as well that all of our good football last season came with him in the side, he was an important to the speed and quality of the ball rotation as anyone else.

This season he admittedly been surprisingly poor at times but let's not forget how good he has been at times and what he has demonstrated for us.
And his age
Him and Destiny are still young and will have ups and downs
But it’s how they deal with them that matters
That’s how they grow as players

I'm not sure I would describe him as very good on the ball (for this level). I agree that he has quality, but his quality on the ball including his passing is probably his biggest weakness.

I hope he develops more subtlety. Too often still he's fairly predictable with his passing. That's great when there's time to make that obvious pass and that being predictable doesn't hurt our play.

He probably won't take huge strides technically, but room for improvement on how he uses that. Either that or become more of a goal threat would be great developments for him.

I'm not sure I would describe him as very good on the ball (for this level). I agree that he has quality, but his quality on the ball including his passing is probably his biggest weakness.

I hope he develops more subtlety. Too often still he's fairly predictable with his passing. That's great when there's time to make that obvious pass and that being predictable doesn't hurt our play.

He probably won't take huge strides technically, but room for improvement on how he uses that. Either that or become more of a goal threat would be great developments for him.
I might have too high expectations for him but when I watch hin I see someone who has it all, but just needs to put it all together. When we signed him I started paying attention to him at Metz and the Senegal team and at that level he was the same player but just a more dominant version. His passing was crisper, rangey and more incisive and his long range shooting was very dangerous.

So I think for me I'm just expecting him to pull it all together and become a more compete version of that while playing the same way just at a higher level. Of course maybe he never does quite hit that but I really do believe he has all the potential to do so if nurtured well.

I might have too high expectations for him but when I watch hin I see someone who has it all, but just needs to put it all together. When we signed him I started paying attention to him at Metz and the Senegal team and at that level he was the same player but just a more dominant version. His passing was crisper, rangey and more incisive and his long range shooting was very dangerous.

So I think for me I'm just expecting him to pull it all together and become a more compete version of that while playing the same way just at a higher level. Of course maybe he never does quite hit that but I really do believe he has all the potential to do so if nurtured well.
I think I'm with you on this :)

I would add that mentally he might need to switch it up.

(This is nothing negative btw) But at the moment he gives off the feeling that he's just so happy to be out there, playing football, amazed at the adventure of it all.

At some point he might have to get serious, realising the competitiveness and game you have to play to conquer. The could come with age, as he's only a young'un?

I think I'm with you on this :)

I would add that mentally he might need to switch it up.

(This is nothing negative btw) But at the moment he gives off the feeling that he's just so happy to be out there, playing football, amazed at the adventure of it all.

At some point he might have to get serious, realising the competitiveness and game you have to play to conquer. The could come with age, as he's only a young'un?
I think that’s his nature and demeanour and it’s a positive for me

Fully agree he need to pull it all together which I’m sure he will

I think that’s his nature and demeanour and it’s a positive for me

Fully agree he need to pull it all together which I’m sure he will
I agree it's a positive....how could you not love the man!

I'm just floating the idea that at the very top of this game do you have to be a Keane Viera Rodri Rice Gerrard...ie really engaged in the direction/happenings (the story?) of a match....and by extension does a successful team need that?

I agree it's a positive....how could you not love the man!

I'm just floating the idea that at the very top of this game do you have to be a Keane Viera Rodri Rice Gerrard...ie really engaged in the direction/happenings (the story?) of a match....and by extension does a successful team need that?
I’m not sure your need to be
You seem to get extremes but modern players are much quite and less exuberant
Look at the ones at city for example.
Take walker out and it’s a quiet side off the
Pitch
Sorry should say I’m talking more about their persona
On the pitch, it’s a maybe I guess
We have all sorts but do lack the commander in chief

Yet to see real signs of him being dominant with his on the ball stuff since he came here. Definitely fair to hope for it all to come together for him here. He definitely has potential to improve even if he doesn't hit those heights and is already a very good and very useful player for sure.

Yet to see real signs of him being dominant with his on the ball stuff since he came here. Definitely fair to hope for it all to come together for him here. He definitely has potential to improve even if he doesn't hit those heights and is already a very good and very useful player for sure.

Midfielders are often very hard to judge unless they are attacking/creatives that make big goal contributions, for me

- His engine is outrageous, guy can cover the yards, allows better protection for LB as well
- His adaptability has been key, he seems to work with almost any of the other midfielders/combinations
- He's started to understand how to be a goal threat as well

Finally, don't think everyone gives credit to how good you have to be to even hold your own in a PL midfield in a top 6 side at 20.

Back