• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

We should either try to steal some of the Dortmund scouts (or their DoF?), or we should hire someone to stalk them.

we could always just offer football manager to the scouting team considering the majority of Dortmunds best players were world beaters on FM.

I like Isco. Would love him at Spurs as I think he is the exact type of player we need but would City really get shot of David Silva? I think Silva is a far superior player to Isco right now. I suppose there's nothing stopping City buying Isco and keeping Silva too. Anyone know what is Pellegrini's preferred formation?

--------- Aguero -----------
Silva-------Isco ----------Bale

You what?

Francois / Kilo Toure from City to Liverpool. All about the experience :-k

and Roberto Martinez leaves Wigan and is in talks with Everton. Pretty much as expected

Carvalho has signed for Monaco.

Falcao has passed a medical ahead of a £51 million move.

Watford may struggle to bring together a squad capable of challenging for Premier League promotion next season.

The club are under a transfer embargo until September after previous owner Laurence Bassini broke financial rules and they will have to ask the Football League for permission before signing any player permanently.

Each case in that time will be assessed by the Football League Board, who are likely to reject any big money moves.

Watford should be allowed to buy players in areas where they need reinforcements, just as Portsmouth were at the start of the season, but it is doubtful that luxury signings will be sanctioned.

Gianfranco Zola insisted that the ‘majority’ of those players currently on loan from the overseas clubs also owned by the Pozzo family, Udinese and Granada, would be secured on permanent deals but the embargo puts this promise in jeopardy given the high market value of many of the players.

Even if nominal fees were organised given the clubs' unusual ownership structure, the Football League may wish to scrutinise them to ensure the ban is enforced in the spirit it was intended. In essence, the governing body wants Watford to be able to compete in the Championship but not improve to an extent that the punishment is rendered meaningless.

Currently, 11 of 29 first team members are on foreign loan deals, leaving a fairly limited squad if none continue at Vicarage Road. It is probable that a balance will be struck but that Zola will not be able to strengthen as he would like.

At the same time, the Pozzo family will also be unable to loan as many players from their overseas clubs as they have this season because of new regulations to be voted in at the Football League’s AGM on June 6 and 7.

In the old system, foreign loans were treated as permanent signings, so an unlimited amount were allowed. The new rules will put a cap on such deals, as currently exist with domestic loans, where teams are only allowed to name five loan players on their team sheet – four from the same club. Watford have eight on loan from sister club Udinese.

A regulation limiting trading clubs to a 50 per cent sell-on clause will also be voted in at the AGM to avoid a player being sold for free under the proviso that his former team gets more than half any future transfer fee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2332439/Watford-face-battle-build-promotion-squad.html

Sky Sports sources understand Liverpool have agreed a fee with Celta Vigo to sign striker Iago Aspas

looks like Liverpool are trying to get their business done early so they can work hard in pre season together and then get off to a flyer in the PL....

I think Liverpool will be a threat next year. They play some real good stuff, real good second half of the season for them and they score goals for fun (and that was even without Suarez).. Sturridge is an outstanding signing, Coutinho is fudging ridiculously good (cant believe Inter got rid).. Iago is supposed to be brilliant, Kolo Toure adds some experience at the back too. I doubt this will be the last of their investments neither.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has dropped a bombshell by admitting to a Uruguayan radio station that he would find it 'difficult' to turn down an approach from Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has dropped a bombshell by admitting to a Uruguayan radio station that he would find it 'difficult' to turn down an approach from Spanish giants Real Madrid.

I agree. I mean i'd find it difficult too.

I think Liverpool will be a threat next year. They play some real good stuff, real good second half of the season for them and they score goals for fun (and that was even without Suarez).. Sturridge is an outstanding signing, Coutinho is fudging ridiculously good (cant believe Inter got rid).. Iago is supposed to be brilliant, Kolo Toure adds some experience at the back too. I doubt this will be the last of their investments neither.

Yup, Pool will be close to use next year, just have to hope what we have in our favour is that our squad in terms of development is a year or 2 ahead of them, so it will take a while for them to catch up.

Gonna be a great league next year with a seriously competitive top 6, looking forward to it!

looks like Liverpool are trying to get their business done early so they can work hard in pre season together and then get off to a flyer in the PL....

I think that they are trying to get their business done early before selling Suarez so that other clubs don't hold them to ransom knowing they've got a bit of money to splash.

I think we'll see a much tighter group at the top next year with Man U, City, Chelski, Us, Arse, and Liverpool all within 10 pts at the top. Apart from a few abysmal moves, Liverpool have strengthened well over the past few years. Unfortunately it seems Rodgers is taking them in the right direction, and we all know Man U, City, and Chelski will never be afraid to spend big.

It's really an uphill battle isn't it

I think that they are trying to get their business done early before selling Suarez so that other clubs don't hold them to ransom knowing they've got a bit of money to splash.

good work then

I'm not convinced by Liverpool, they had a good second half to the season but I think that their squad is pretty weak. I'm sure that Suarez will be off this summer (blaming the FA and media to cover his greedy arse on the way) and I do not think that they will make a huge profit on him because his behaviour will impact on his value. Coutinho had a great start to his Liverpool career but his form has fluctuated at his previous clubs, so it is possible that he could tail off.

Coutinho rarely actually finished a game and disappeared in a lot of 2bd halves

Also their defence is toss and Kolo Toure isn't gonna improve that

They desperately need to improve the squad in my opinion

Coutinho rarely actually finished a game and disappeared in a lot of 2nd halves

Also their defence is toss and Kolo Toure isn't gonna improve that

They desperately need to improve the squad in my opinion

I hope you are right.

Their goal difference spanked ours. When we start battering teams then I will start to believe.

Back