• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

--OOMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. qpr --

You can Favourite this

Stambouli will not be here in 2 seasons time he really isnt very good. Was the same when the collective got excited about Capoue being a beast, he really isnt very good either

Stambouli did a really good job when Bentaleb was at the ACN. He's also only the same age as Mason.

Stambouli did a really good job when Bentaleb was at the ACN. He's also only the same age as Mason.

Personally dont think Stambouli is anywhere near the same league as Bentaleb. Mason i think we could possibly upgrade on but i would wait a year considering the small amount of first team experience he has. The one thing that is obvious when he isnt there is how much we have missed the type of player Mason is who can transition play quickly

We have to keep with the youth now HAVE TO.. Its not about money during stadium build although this is a factor. We currently are almost through to FA Youth Cup,Pushing to win the U21 premierleague. Have a load of academy products in the first team who also go to the under-18's games, which i cant remember before. If we can get a couple to play in and around the team we really could be onto something..

If we don't rest some players, we'll risk losing the match. Just because they'll have a whole week to recover AFTER the match doesn't mean they'll be fresh for 90 minutes DURING the match.

You can Favourite this

Stambouli will not be here in 2 seasons time he really isnt very good. Was the same when the collective got excited about Capoue being a beast, he really isnt very good either

100% agree. No footballing ability, slow and a headless chicken. Think he'll be here for another year and then sold. Will always support anyone in a Spurs shirt but can't see he has the ability

Personally dont think Stambouli is anywhere near the same league as Bentaleb. Mason i think we could possibly upgrade on but i would wait a year considering the small amount of first team experience he has. The one thing that is obvious when he isnt there is how much we have missed the type of player Mason is who can transition play quickly

We have to keep with the youth now HAVE TO.. Its not about money during stadium build although this is a factor. We currently are almost through to FA Youth Cup,Pushing to win the U21 premierleague. Have a load of academy products in the first team who also go to the under-18's games, which i cant remember before. If we can get a couple to play in and around the team we really could be onto something..
I agree about keeping with the youth policy. It allows us to better utilise our transfer funds for better players, as you don't have to spread it over so many players.
Great to see the u18's doing well but can't see any of them in the first team next season but would hope some would go out on loan and get some experience.

If we don't rest some players, we'll risk losing the match. Just because they'll have a whole week to recover AFTER the match doesn't mean they'll be fresh for 90 minutes DURING the match.

The problem is the replacements are not good enough. The only players that can be rested without affecting the style that we want to play are Lamela & Townsend (both generally ineffective) and Dier & Fazio (both OK and don't contribute much to the attacking game).

I've always maintained that it's not the first 70 minutes of a match that brings on the fatigue, but rather the last 20 (or 25 including injury time). That's why I was glad to see Poch's subs against Swansea -- we were in control, so time to take off some key players. That's how Fergie managed his ManU teams through the season -- of course, you can't do it if you've not got a two-goal cushion!

It's not necessarily predictable how knackered each player is, as it depends on style and position as well as each player's inherent fitness and profile. But I do think Eriksen and Kane are looking tired. Defensively, perhaps Verts is mentally fatigued -- I would play Verts + Fazio for this one, so that Fazio can take some of the organisational burden.

In midfield, Mason keeps his place. Not sure about Bentaleb, but reckon he should play the first 60 minutes then, all being well, be subbed off for Stambouli. Chadli stays, and we have no choice but to play Kane. Start with Lamela too, with a sub for Eriksen on the cards.

Starting:

----------------- Lloris -----------------
Walker -- Fazio -- Verts --- Rose
-------- Mason ----- Bentaleb ------
Lamela ---- Dembele ---- Chadli
----------------- Kane -----------------

Finishing (if all goes to plan):

----------------- Lloris -----------------
Walker -- Fazio -- Verts --- Rose
------- Mason ------ Stambouli ----
Eriksen ---- Dembele ---- Chadli
--------------- Soldado ----------------

COYS!

Hasn't anyone noticed that recently both Eriksen and Dembele have been better when they are on the field together?

When they are on the field separately this season neither has been as effective imo

Why is this? I think that Dembeles dribbles create room for Eriksen to operate and offers an out ball for Dembele. Dembele in the forward role presses higher and allows us to win the ball back earlier, giving Eriksen the opportunities to find space and play his game. It is a case of 1 plus 1 equals more than 2.

we rarely get points at QPR iirc

3-1 to the hoops unfortunately.

Loftus Road games are always messy affairs. We need to start the game with battlers and then use subs to push in the last twenty minutes for a win once we've ground them down with our high pace pressing game. Stambouli might be the answer alongside Bentaleb buts its not a very creative midfield partnership.

I want to see Chadli start tomorrow, he gets about defenses and keeps them thinking. Kane is gonna' start to get tired soon enough and we need to be able to get goals without him, and Bobby ain't gonna be getting many, so Chadli should play as much as possible to get back into scoring form so we can rely on him a wee bit when we need to! Also ....COYS

This is exactly the type if match we have struggled with this season. Its massive, must win, no excuses.

It was nice to beat Swansea to get our first win in 6 matches in all competitions. We badly needed that win especially after the disappointment in the League Cup final. We really cannot afford to drop any points against bottom teams now if we want to stay in the top 4 race. But it is going to be a tough match against QPR, being a London derby and all. We have such a poor record against QPR away, winning just 3, drawing 4 and losing 8 of our last 15 matches there since 1983. Our last win there was 20 years ago in 1995. Fortunately, Redknapp is no longer the QPR manager. But there will be other Spurs connections to worry about, including their current coach Ramsey, Sandro, Krankjar, Caulker, Tarabat and Zamora. Hope we won't let them come back to haunt us.

Want to see Kane start another goal scoring run from this match. It is always a joy to watch players like Kane and Eriksen score. Disappointed that Kane failed to continue his goal run against Swansea. Really hope he will score in this match. Eriksen has not scored in 7 matches now. But he did well to create the goal for Mason against Swansea. Hope Eriksen will get back his goal scoring touch. I think we have badly missed the crucial late goals from Eriksen in recent matches. Chadli did well to get his first goal in 11 matches against Swansea. Let's hope he will get another one in this match. If we want to win this match, we have to get atleast one goal from these 3 players.

I am still not fully convinced of Bentaleb and Mason partnership in midfield. I always prefer a much experienced midfielders anyway. Want to see Dembele and Stambouli start instead. Lamela deserves to start as well as Towsend has started the last 2 matches. Townsend did well to score against Swansea but he is another player I am not fully convinced with. I think Lamela has more effective finishing than Townsend as he has much more goals and assists.

Our defence have conceded 8 goals in our last 4 matches. It is really disappointing that Pochettino can't seem to improve our defending. We really should stop conceding goals for once. It will be disappointing if we concede against relegation-fighting QPR, especially if any of our former players score. Lloris and Vertonghen should use their experience more to help our defence. I think Vertonghen should partner the more experienced Fazio in defence. The Vertonghen-Dier partnership have not been really convincing so far as they can't seem to keep a clean sheet.

I think this is a must-win match for us if we want to stay in the top 4 race. We really should not be dropping points to bottom teams anyway. Hope we will turn up with the right attitude and get all the 3 points.

Any team news yet ?

Wish we can repeat that 4-0 win over QPR earlier in the season. But just can't see us doing that. Really don't care how we are going to do it, as long as we win this match.

Back