• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

Boys, the magnitude of this game is really getting to me, I honestly don't know how I'm gonna cope with emotions. The Emirates Marketing Project game was bad enough but this is gonna be worse

You know it's a monstrouserty of a game when I'm posting! Ha

As I said elsewhere ... I want us to smash 'em. Especially Phlegm-mini. When else is a good time to do it ? Leave them in the wake of our dust as we keep pushing up.

Biggest. NLD. Everrr - and we are the Favourites !

We gotta come out and put pressure straight away; wonder if they'll play counter ? We know they can, very well. Just wonder if Wenger'll try to set them up to 'play us' instead.

I'm not a fan of the Daily Mail, but they have an interesting piece with Jamie Redknapp and Martin Keown talking about the NLD:

"Keown is in no doubt as to what it means.

‘It is the biggest north London derby ever,’ said the former Arsenal defender.

‘I believe that. This season can change everything. In my day, Tottenham were always trying to stop us winning something. That was all that mattered to them. We used to dismiss them. But this is different. If they win this game then they could finish above Arsenal for the first time in Wenger’s time in England AND win the league. Arsenal have been trying to win it for 11 or 12 years. Tottenham can do it almost at the first attempt and if they do they won’t go away. This could be the game changer.’

....Despite Wednesday’s narrow defeat at West Ham, Redknapp has Tottenham as clear favourites for the game, a reflection of his view of both teams.

‘When I was at Tottenham we had an inferiority complex about Arsenal,’ he said. ‘We knew their players were better and we knew they were looked after better.

‘They had under-floor heating in the dressing rooms. We hardly had central heating.

‘It used to be our cup final when we played them. Is it the other way round now? Maybe. Pochettino has been an inspired appointment, one of the best decisions in the history of the Premier League.

'At the start of the season I didn’t think there was anybody in his team to get me out of my seat. I was wrong.

‘Dele Alli — is there a better young midfielder in Europe? Harry Kane has to go to the Euros and play. I didn’t even think this team would make the top four and look at them now.

'As for Arsenal, I know how those players are thinking now and it’s not nice. When you have a golden chance and it starts to slip away it just ruins you.

‘It happened to me at Liverpool. We were neck and neck with Manchester United but we couldn’t cope. Your head gets scrambled. You feel it slipping away, but don’t know how to stop it.

‘You get paranoid and start to look for people to blame. The bitching starts and the back-biting. It’s tough. You doubt yourself. You look around and ask, “Is he up for it? Is he? What about him? Can he cope? Can I cope?” That negativity becomes contagious.

‘Arsenal have to find a way now to get to White Hart Lane and handle the occasion and the way that Tottenham play.

‘But Tottenham play with an intensity that makes me wonder if Arsenal really can cope.’

Keown, a veteran of more than 20 north London derbies, has a vested interest in his old team’s fortunes. A thinker about the game, it is clear Arsenal’s enduring problems vex him.

The issues are familiar: a perceived lack of resilience and mental toughness, problems along the very spine of the team.

‘Arsenal actually have an immediate chance to strike back here,’ he added. ‘If they take it they will be back in the race. If they don’t then they are finished.

‘A draw would be good but will he (Arsene Wenger) go there for a draw? No he won’t. He will never tell his players to do anything other than go forward.

‘The goalkeeper, Petr Cech, is injured and that is a huge loss too. They are over-reliant on his leadership skills.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Jamie-Redknapp-discuss-old-sides-chances.html

Crisis at work, so I need to work tomorrow, GHod damnit. fudging bloody fudge fudge fudge.

Eerily quiet on both the Gooner fan AND player front.....suggests a high level of concentration and/or planning..

Just hope no-one on our side comes up with a "balance of power is shifting"/"we are now the better side" brick that one of our fools usually does beforehand...

Crisis at work, so I need to work tomorrow, GHod damnit. fudgeing bloody fudge fudge fudge.

Daisuk, let me call your boss tomorrow at around 12pm, I guarantee your job will be safe and you'll be logging off before you can say North London Derby

ticket going spare then? :)

No, I haven't been to an NLD since Rose scored on his debut!

MR_B - thanks for the thought! Unfortunately, I'm the "boss" tomorrow at noon, so that won't help I'm afraid! :p

First NLD I'm going to miss in I don't know how many years - and it's the NLD. Oh, well, hopefully I'll get to see the last 30 mins.

Daisuk, let me call your boss tomorrow at around 12pm, I guarantee your job will be safe and you'll be logging off before you can say North London Derby

an-offer-he-cant-refuse-gif.gif

No, I haven't been to an NLD since Rose scored on his debut!

MR_B - thanks for the thought! splendidly, I'm the "boss" tomorrow at noon, so that won't help I'm afraid! :p

First NLD I'm going to miss in I don't know how many years - and it's the NLD. Oh, well, hopefully I'll get to see the last 30 mins.
GHod has a plan, and sadly this is part of it. Think how happy you will be she you hear the score. And hopefully you'll be making overtime for working on Saturday.

Back