• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

when does it lead to a goal though?

He does have a tendency to hold onto it for 1 or 2 more seconds than is necessary but I think his dribbles would be even more useful if he did them and the players around him were making meaningful runs.

For those who have seen him, where does Ceballos play?

A lot of negative mentions about Holtby today, I think he's at least been involved, which is more than can be said for Dempsey today. Both of them need to step up.

=D>

I think 99% of Spurs fans have seen this moment coming for the past 3 seasons.

We really are one Dembele injury away from complete meltdown.
Yes,
Harry and his mates in the press would have you believe that we should be winning the league with the squad we have. When in fact last year's team would annihilate this years team.

The word disjointed springs to mind.. The front three behind Ade don't appear t have any cohesion whatsoever.. :( hopefully we can nick a winner late on.

You're obviously missing something as we don't have 3 behind Ade - not you're fault as Dempsey and Holtby have been anonymous so understandable. We're playing 4-3-3 - Dempsey on the right, Siggy left. Think we should go back to 4-2-3-1 and get Dempsey up next to Ade

Holtby needs to stick closer to Ade and stay higher up the pitch.. I remember seeing some footage from him at Schalke where he made so many incisive passes.. Seems to have lost any passing ambition in a Tottenham shirt, maybe it's contagious? We really lack ambition, incision and any cutting edge thus far..

That graphic is just what some spotty kid on minimium wage with no brain has put together!

Are you actually watching the game? Suggest you do so that you can see what formation we're playing

Everything on that site is taken from OPTA.
The final heat map of player position will be up after the game.

Just because Holtby is occasionally dropping deep (like Bale alwasy does) doesnt mean he's playing in a 3 man midfield.
If he was playing a 3 man midfield he's be interchanging his position with Dembele.

Average position

vlp09vY.jpg

Yep - Holtby, Parker and Dembele playing as a midfield trio

Without doubt. Hopefully AVB helps to sort this out this summer through transfers/ youth promotions.

Youth promotions is an interesting one. I think Coulibaly is the only one who excites me to the extent I'd like to see him involved.

He does have a tendency to hold onto it for 1 or 2 more seconds than is necessary but I think his dribbles would be even more useful if he did them and the players around him were making meaningful runs.

For those who have seen him, where does Ceballos play?

A lot of negative mentions about Holtby today, I think he's at least been involved, which is more than can be said for Dempsey today. Both of them need to step up.
Holtby is appearing everywhere, he is working very hard. He has the class and ability to make it show.

Yes,
Harry and his mates in the press would have you believe that we should be winning the league with the squad we have. When in fact last year's team would annihilate this years team.

I agree. Anyone with half a brain can see this team is a notch or two below last seasons.

We just don't have the appropriate personnel.

When you've got such a fking mish mash of a squad you can see why the team looks like its really lacking a clear philosophy and style.

Just looks like we turn up on the pitch sometimes.

Holtby needs to stick closer to Ade and stay higher up the pitch.. I remember seeing some footage from him at Schalke where he made so many incisive passes.. Seems to have lost any passing ambition in a Tottenham shirt, maybe it's contagious? We really lack ambition, incision and any cutting edge thus far..

Guess he needs some runners to pick out

You're obviously missing something as we don't have 3 behind Ade - not you're fault as Dempsey and Holtby have been anonymous so understandable. We're playing 4-3-3 - Dempsey on the right, Siggy left. Think we should go back to 4-2-3-1 and get Dempsey up next to Ade

I'm seeing it as:
------------Ade-----------
Sigg------Holtby-----Dempsey

No?

Am I the only one who cant see AVB making any changes til the final 10 mins? He doesn't ever seem particularly willing to try to change things

=D>

I think 99% of Spurs fans have seen this moment coming for the past 3 seasons.

We really are one Dembele injury away from complete meltdown.

Perhaps but I think this would perhaps be a slightly unfair way of assessing the squad.

If Dembele were to get injured, we'd be missing our best defender from last year (Kaboul), as well as the entirety of our starting midfield. Not really a surprise that we wouldn't look great.

In terms of next season, balance of the squad should obviously be a priority.

I think we need Carroll on for the indivisible Dempsey ..

Parker with instructions to play a strict holding role like he played for England under Cappello.

_____________Parker___
_______Holtby Carroll Sigurdson
_____ Adebayor____Dembele

:ross: at some of you guys.

I STARTED THIS brick

Hmmm...

You posted some Twitter stuff about Downing before the LFC game didn't you? :-k

My superstitious mind is telling me that you shouldn't be so ****sure...*

*I want you to tell me you told us so at the end of the game thus this post :-"

Back