• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v FC Basel, EL QF 2nd Leg

'Tottenham will be without star man Gareth Bale for tomorrow's Europa League game against Basel due to an ankle injury.

Aaron Lennon (knee), William Gallas (calf), and Jermain Defoe (pelvis) have not travelled with the squad but Tottenham expect all three, and midfielder Bale, to be back for the game against Emirates Marketing Project a week on Sunday.

Midfielder Sandro is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury, while centre-back Younes Kaboul (also knee) is around 10 to 15 days away from full fitness.'

If we could have Bale,Lennon and Defoe back for City that would be a massive boost, and if Kaboul is ready a week later he could be vital as an additional option, especially if we manage to have the added bonus of 2, or fingers crossed, 3, extra games to play

We'll turn it on. I know it.
Siggy to prove the Lampard tag correct.
Ade to bag a brace.
Holtby to prove his worth, too.

Basle 1-4 Tottenham (Sig, Ade, Ade, Sig)

I don't care when they last conceded. It means they aren't used to it. It only takes one.

Difficult game tonight away at FC Basel in the UEFA Europa League Quarter Final 2nd leg - our 161st competitive European match since 1961.

We will have to play much better than we did at the Lane last week to stand any chance of progressing to the Semi-Finals.

Kyle Walker is back after suspension but we are still missing Younes Kaboul, Sandro, Jermain Defoe, Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon - that's almost half of all our first choice starters!

P0243_zpsc001969c.png

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2012-13

Tottenham have never won a two-legged European tie having played the 1st leg at home and failed to win the 1st leg.

Basel have never lost a two-legged European tie having played the 1st leg away from home and been undefeated in the 1st leg.

Too much optimism around ere. It doesn't bode well haha.

Agree. Best tactics for us I think are simply to keep it tight and try to nick a goal. I can see it being quite tight as they don't need to come at us given a 0-0 will put them through`

Tottenham have never won a two-legged European tie having played the 1st leg at home and failed to win the 1st leg.

Basel have never lost a two-legged European tie having played the 1st leg away from home and been undefeated in the 1st leg.

Take that optimism!

0-2 (Dempsey, Ade)

aaah who am I kidding... we all know we'll conceed at some point just to make it typically stressful.. 1-2 I reckon ;)

even if we go out tonight weve done well to get this far. Spurs had the hardest knockout draws out of the english teams, i mean we had to play Lyon and Inter Milan whilst chelsea had to play Sparta Prague and Steaua Bucharest. No comparison really

some good european miles in the tank for our players ahead of our CL campaign next season;)

Basel insist they are not worried about the appointment of Portuguese ref Olegario Benquerenca for tonight’s game.

He is a controversial figure at home and is known by Benfica fans as ‘The Thief’.

His nickname dates back to a 2004 game when he failed to give a goal despite the ball appearing to cross the line before Porto keeper Vitor Baia caught it. Jose Mourinho was Porto coach and Villas-Boas his No.2.

:-k hmmmm so maybe there is hope

We have to put out our strongest team tonight. That means Lloris in and Dawson in from the start. Time sentiment with Brad in this competition has to go, it was fine earlier but we are in the 1/4 finals, and at this stage in it we must play our strongest team. We will have a decent break after tonight to rest up, so excuse of tiredness shouldn't be used, as they can give it all tonight knowing there is a decent rest coming.

Still think it will be tough. Can see us scoring, but with the way our defence have been playing recently I definitely see them scoring too. Hopefully Benny steps up and plays better then last Thursday to keep their tricky right winger quiet. Going to be tough, but we were up against it in Lyon and in Milan and we came through both times, hopefully wee can do the same again tonight. COYS

We have to put out our strongest team tonight. That means Lloris in and Dawson in from the start. Time sentiment with Brad in this competition has to go, it was fine earlier but we are in the 1/4 finals, and at this stage in it we must play our strongest team. We will have a decent break after tonight to rest up, so excuse of tiredness shouldn't be used, as they can give it all tonight knowing there is a decent rest coming.

Still think it will be tough. Can see us scoring, but with the way our defence have been playing recently I definitely see them scoring too. Hopefully Benny steps up and plays better then last Thursday to keep their tricky right winger quiet. Going to be tough, but we were up against it in Lyon and in Milan and we came through both times, hopefully wee can do the same again tonight. COYS

Now there's thinking outside the box. Bet they won't see that coming. :lol: :-"

I missed both the games v Basel and Everton last week. Good news is I'm back in front of my tv. I'd like to see how they will plan to counter this tactic.

I missed both the games v Basel and Everton last week. Good news is I'm back in front of my tv. I'd like to see how they will plan to counter this tactic.

Basel insist they are not worried about diego_maradona watching tonight’s game on his TV.

Manager Basil Basle said "He can go do one, we don't care bout him at all, not one bit" and drove away, winding up his window.

Back