• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

maybe AVB studied Newcaslte and realised they have quick attackers and decided to go with two players faster than Vertonghen?

If it wasn't clear already that JV wasn't an AVB signing...this pretty much confirms it...

With respect - what a load of pure cr*p

First game of the season; away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have an outstanding strike force in Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba is no place to give Vertonghen his debut.

Of Course Vertonghen isn't going to start. He's looked off pace in pre season and needs time to get himself accustomised to the way we play. Smart move from AVB to start our best cb (Gallas) with Kaboul.

Its almost getting to the time when its best to turn off GG for the night as the asylum has just opened its doors

Interesting, so last year's Dutch player of the season only makes the bench, I did not expect that. Nor did I expect Gallas to be captain. Interesting. Where if Gallas maintains his place with excellent form then good on him

Of Course Vertonghen isn't going to start. He's looked off pace in pre season and needs time to get himself accustomised to the way we play. Smart move from AVB to start our best cb (Gallas) with Kaboul.

Agreed. It seems like Gallas has really impressed and deserves his chance to play. Not too worried about Verts not starting right now, although if he isn't playing in a few months he's going to be thinking he's made the wrong decision coming here.

Think we'll have to loan Caulker out if Gallas is going to be more of a figure this year. Then next year when Gallas goes Caulker can come back and take his place.

Verts on the bench - manager didn't want him bought in the first place.
No Hudd? AVB out!

It's a very good team. Livermore shouldn't be playing ahead of Hudd in my opinion, but he showed on Wednesdays he isn't out of his depth at a high level. The only weak spot is we are lacking a someone to lead the line.

Our defence is quick and athletic. Our central midfield is athletic and our front 4 is very dangerous, I have no doubts AVB studied Saudi Sportswashing Machine and likely line ups and chose a team he thinks will do best against them.

Gallas is captain today.

You know after initially being against the AVB appointment he's now starting to do things that i'm very happy with (i'm still unsure about AVB btw):

1) Gallas captain and starting when most had him down to join QPR
2) Vertonghen on the bench and not thrown in at the deep end (imo he would have got a new arsehole today)
3) Sigurddson signing who i've said since last season was a player i rated very highly.
4) Not rating Huddlestone.

Think we'll have to loan Caulker out if Gallas is going to be more of a figure this year.

No way, if we loan out Caulker this season then he'll not count as a club trained player.
Better to have him play U21 Premier League games, Carling cup and Europa League

Once again, why throw Caulker in when Gallas is quick and has all the experience you need, probably speaks well with Kaboul and has played with him in the past..

No way do I think he is better than Kaboul, more experienced yes, better no

Back