• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Of Course Vertonghen isn't going to start. He's looked off pace in pre season and needs time to get himself accustomised to the way we play. Smart move from AVB to start our best cb (Gallas) with Kaboul.

Agree with all this, Gallas is quality

Once again, why throw Caulker in when Gallas is quick and has all the experience you need, probably speaks well with Kaboul and has played with him in the past..

Because that would be far too sensible. AVB should probably have thrown Vertonghen and Caulker in together. It obviously means AVB hates Caulker and will more than likely send him to the Faroe Islands for the forseeable future.

No way, if we loan out Caulker this season then he'll not count as a club trained player.
Better to have him play U21 Premier League games, Carling cup and Europa League

Hopefully he'll get enough games in the Europa and Carling Cup then, but I think for a guy that's just been called up to England, to then stick him in the U-21 league and play him with the kids will be totally detrimental to his development. He could probably play week in week out for a top 10 Prem club and be ready to start for us next season.

No way, if we loan out Caulker this season then he'll not count as a club trained player.
Better to have him play U21 Premier League games, Carling cup and Europa League

Indeed, Gallas picks up injuries on a regular basis and he is about 34 so will not be playing every match.

Hopefully he'll get enough games in the Europa and Carling Cup then, but I think for a guy that's just been called up to England, to then stick him in the U-21 league and play him with the kids will be totally detrimental to his development. He could probably play week in week out for a top 10 Prem club and be ready to start for us next season.

Once the Europa Cup starts Gallas will not be playing every 3 or 4 days

Is Gallas team captain, club captain or just captain for this match? I thought there was talk of Dawson being captain, but even then how often would he start? Most captains start when fit I presume

Yeah Caulker's career is virtually over. Its hard to see how he can come back from here.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's team looks better than ours, that's for sure. Their central midfield and strikeforce is quality. It should be possible to create some chances against their defence though.

Happy with that - Verts should NOT just be thrown in away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Bit surprised Siggurdson has displaced VdV... but more surprised that no-one on here is talking about it

I assume VdV will come on for Lennon once we're losing, and we will switch to 4-panic-smackit

I assume Gallas will be holding his hammy after 20 minutes and a lung busting run to try and track a pacey striker

Whatever we do... I fear our high line will be music to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's ears and they will punish us mortally

No Hudd today, he didnt even travel - is he injured?

Livermore in the first team... interesting.

I'd be interested in gutterboys thoughts. Avb was his choice for boss and he has practically done the opposite to everything GB says.

Happy with that - Verts should NOT just be thrown in away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Bit surprised Siggurdson has displaced VdV... but more surprised that no-one on here is talking about it

I assume VdV will come on for Lennon once we're losing, and we will switch to 4-panic-smackit

I assume Gallas will be holding his hammy after 20 minutes and a lung busting run to try and track a pacey striker

Whatever we do... I fear our high line will be music to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's ears and they will punish us mortally

Already been a couple of pages worth earlier in the thread. VDV's fitness is uncertain. Better to throw him on in the 2nd half.

I think it's a good side. Only two I'm unsure of are Defoe and Livermore. Very confident in the rest of them.

Back