• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent***

This isn't on Poch. This is on the eleven excuses for professional footballers who trudged out on that field today, thinking about nothing more than their next paycheck.

It was truly shocking. All the team spirit, commitment and fight we showed at brilliant moments this season...just *gone*, and replaced by utter indifference.

2nd favourites? Do me a favour.

That tonight turned into a f#ckin shambles. Well done Tottenham, you managed to outdo Arsenal last night

The whole team needs to take a long, and I mean long, hard look at themselves. Pure and Simple, that was nowhere good enough. Make no mistake, two more performances like that and we wont have to worry about fixture congestion because there wont be one.

Right now its beginning to look like our season peeked after the WBA match.

You know, Rio Ferdinand made an interesting point after the Bayern-Arsenal game yesterday - he mentioned how Arsenal had no one willing to tear their team-mates apart for poor displays. To illustrate his point, he acted out a scenario between him and his co-pundit Ballack - he grabbed him by the lapels of his suit and growled 'you need to shape up or ship out, because you're affecting *my* chances of winning trophies.'

I wonder if these lads would respond well to that. Someone grabbing Toby, Davies, Son...grabbing anyone performing like they are today and telling them to shape up or f*ck off to a Championship side worthy of their playing abilities, because this isn't what Poch wants to see, and this isn't what representing Tottenham should really be about - spinelessly being dominated by a bunch of struggling mid-table Belgian cloggers.
Yep, worst thing the last two games is the way we have accepted.
Unlike most I didn't expect us to win these two games but I didn't expect us to lose and not look like we care.
How we miss rose and lamela.

This isn't on Poch. This is on the eleven excuses for professional footballers who trudged out on that field today, thinking about nothing more than their next paycheck.

It was truly shocking. All the team spirit, commitment and fight we showed at brilliant moments this season...just *gone*, and replaced by utter indifference.

Bang On

That's incredibly harsh. They're probably thinking about their next match and not wanting to be injured for the league run in.

You know, Rio Ferdinand made an interesting point after the Bayern-Arsenal game yesterday - he mentioned how Arsenal had no one willing to tear their team-mates apart for poor displays. To illustrate his point, he acted out a scenario between him and his co-pundit Ballack - he grabbed him by the lapels of his suit and growled 'you need to shape up or ship out, because you're affecting *my* chances of winning trophies.'

I wonder if these lads would respond well to that. Someone grabbing Toby, Davies, Son...grabbing anyone performing like they are today and telling them to shape up or f*ck off to a Championship side worthy of their playing abilities, because this isn't what Poch wants to see, and this isn't what representing Tottenham should really be about - spinelessly being dominated by a bunch of struggling mid-table Belgian cloggers.

I think this is the best post of the thread.

No, I don't think we have - we don't actually have any leaders Still and are mentally weak, we haven't improved on it from last season

Like I said earlier. All about motivation to play in this competition. The players are big headed And they have no right to be. They have won nothing in their lifes

Who is that person?

We're not flying forward, we're taking too many touches, we're going across and back too much.

Can someone put words to our new tune - "The Hesitation Waltz"

Sorry I don't agree. Its 100% on Poch. Rightly or wrongly, it is his job to pick the team, the tactics and motivate the team. Make sure they are going out to a match with the right mentality. That was a hige part of Ferguson's genius imo.

What have we done here?

But that is essentially Poch's job. He doesn't seem to possess a hairdryer.

Our recent transfer policy has been dire. We haven't strengthened at all.

Time for some harsh truths and perhaps emotional outbursts. Our players are not as good as we think they are outside the EPL. I have been watching them and other sides. Our players' technical ability is questionable. It cant be a lack of motivation because we served up similar dross in the CL!! Also these guys havent achieved anything!! Poch has to start benching people who arent playing well. It is better to lose with a side that is trying than a team that is playing like this. We only started shooting at the Gent goal in the second half when Eriksen came on!! Also he needs to stop letting his emotions get rid of certain players e.g. Bentaleb. You need certain types of players to kick their colleagues into action. Who is that for Spurs? Absolutely no one!!

On the forwards, Kane is too immobile and slow for Europe. He is great for the EPL but crap outside it. Alli likes to fall to the ground and look for fouls - He is also naive in the way he fouls as well. Sissoko looks lost. I think he is not a good fit for the way Spurs plays. I suspect he is a counterattacking baller not a possession one.

Off my head the only players I keep for Europe are Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Eriksen, Lamela. Winks is getting close to there. Kane, Dier, Alli, Son, Sissoko need to be upgraded. I cant see this Spurs side winning the Europa. I dont know if it is Poch's tactics but I cant see us winning it.

The poor performances are ruining our coefficient in Europe.

If this is the sort of effort we're going to give in the Europa League we might as well go out now, I agree.

Hell no. I won't let these players off that easily. If we go out like this but suddenly show up in the Prem, *let them all go* and bring in 25 players who will give their all in whatever game they play in - because none of them will stand up to be counted when it matters, and all we're doing is building a temperamental side prone to bottling. And all we will get is performances like the one Arsenal put in against Bayern down the line.

I'm serious, btw. I dearly hope that what you're suggesting isn't the case (that the players choose which games to put effort into), because if it is, then Kane, Winks, Alli, Toby, Lloris and everyone involved with that mentality can really f*ck off...because I'm almost 100% sure that this isn't what Poch wants, and it isn't what we need heading into a new stadium and the ability to pay a group of 25 players *much* higher wages. Better to choose a new group of 25 to spend that extra money on, if the mentality issue is really as deep as what you're suggesting implies it is.

Hopefully that isn't the case.

If we lose fighting, fair enough. But losing the way we did today...it better not *fudging* be because the players couldn't be arsed, because if so, then I couldn't be arsed about the players.

Back