• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

New Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen makes seven changes to his team tonight - but Dimitar Berbatov is not one of them. The Bulgarian starts up front against his former club Tottenham.

Fulham XI: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hughes, Senderos, Riise; Parker, Karagounis; Dejagah, Kasami, Kačaniklić; Berbatov.

Which of these players would even get into our squad? Maybe Steklenberg as back up to Lloris. Otherwise none.

We really should be beating these with whatever team we put out.

Still think it was a massive mistake for Soldado's confidence not to start him - whether the Defoe rumours are true or not.

It would have made more sense to pick someone else on the left and Lamela in the hole

Paulinho in the 'hole' worked last time and he wants to experiment with that and see what we can do with it. He is not gonna build his tactic tonight around Lamela. He's playing to get a run out against a team AVB doesn't rate.

It would have made more sense to pick someone else on the left and Lamela in the hole

I agree.

Don't get two DMs and AVB's persisting with Paulie, who is patently tired and off the pace at the moment. Someone described him as stuck in a low gear, which I think accurately reflects his recent performances for me.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas on giving striker Jermain Defoe his second start of the season: "He has been working well and taking chances in the Europa League. We decided to give him a chance in the team. The thinking of that also was to give a freshness to the side.

"We have been very pleased with the response of the team since Emirates Marketing Project. The spirit is there, we want to get back to winning ways.

"When a managerial change happens, there are always fringe players looking for their opportunity, you can see that by their [Fulham's] line-up. They are waiting for the game to transform their fortunes and I am sure they will approach the game like that.

I agree.

Don't get two DMs and AVB's persisting with Paulie, who is patently tired and off the pace at the moment. Someone described him as stuck in a low gear, which I think accurately reflects his recent performances for me.

Thought Paulinho had a good game against Man Utd personally?

I can see the Capoue thinking - he's probably gonna play the box to box role of the 3...he has the ability to drive forward and can play forward passes.

I do think Lamela on the hole with Townsend and Lennon would have been a bold move though, could work well. But I'm pleased to see Lamela starting anyway.

Either way, with our middle 3 it is highly unlikely Fulham will overpower us in CM/.

Back