• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

I think the Lamela/Lennon switch-off is exactly the sort of thing AVB is looking to be able to do on a regular basis in the future with any number of sides and positions, so as doors can be unlocked…

This is another stuttering performance, but there are glimpses of what could happen with a bit of confidence...

I don't think it's that stuttering, it's what we are going to see from a lot of away games against teams lower down than us.

It's a midweek game, the crowd are up for it, there's a new manager to impress, their team has to show a reaction after a heavy defeat in a previous derby and that's what they've done. It's been a lot like the Villa game, in that they stand off us until we get into their half and then they press us hard. That's their choice, they can do that, and while they are still relatively fresh they will be able to keep up that intensity and not allow us to get much of a rhythm going.

But there will be a point in this game where they can't keep it up any more. They will have to sit back more, they will get a bit more lazy, and it's at this point we turn it up. These periods are nothing new, they will happen in every game for every team but the good thing about us that I like is that we play to control when they happen.

That's not a bad half to my mind. We even could have scored a couple. They had at least one decent chance too, but an away game against a team impressing a new manager - not bad at all. I think we can win this 2-0.

We're back to being dog**** again. The first 25 minutes were so poor I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And you'd think I be prepared for it the way we have played earlier this season. Kept giving the ball away, and simply didn't seem up for it at all. A bit better in the last 20 minutes. Managed to keep the ball better then.

We have created a couple of great opportunities on the counter-attack, chances we simply have to take. The miss by Paulinho was shocking.

When we are settled in possession of the ball, we simply have no clue about what we are going to do. I can't see any signs of us having practicised that at all. Do we have any plans for how we want to build play from the back. Do we practice any patterns of play that will help us create openings. If so, it is really hard to see it. In addition to that, we lack players in the middle of the park with passing/technical ability. Sandro, Capoue and Paulinho are simply not gifted enough footballers to be playhing there as a trio.

I think we need to sub Capoue. He has been very poor on the ball, is off the pace defenisvely and is on a yellow card. Bring on Sigurdsson, or at least someone else. Lamela also started the game horrible, but he was decent after being moved to the left.

Defoe our best players in my opinion.

Vertonghen has been poor by his standards. Not in the game enough. Walker is doing so much more work over the other side.

AVBdoesn'tfancyhim has been good on both flanks and in the middle. Looks like he's very comfortable in more than one position.

Despite all the doom & gloom, they've only had one chance and it came from a handball on the wing.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Once again, woeful finishing has been our weakest point.

Aside from that, not too much wrong with our first half performance.

I don't think it's that stuttering, it's what we are going to see from a lot of away games against teams lower down than us.

It's a midweek game, the crowd are up for it, there's a new manager to impress, their team has to show a reaction after a heavy defeat in a previous derby and that's what they've done. It's been a lot like the Villa game, in that they stand off us until we get into their half and then they press us hard. That's their choice, they can do that, and while they are still relatively fresh they will be able to keep up that intensity and not allow us to get much of a rhythm going.

But there will be a point in this game where they can't keep it up any more. They will have to sit back more, they will get a bit more lazy, and it's at this point we turn it up. These periods are nothing new, they will happen in every game for every team but the good thing about us that I like is that we play to control when they happen.

That's not a bad half to my mind. We even could have scored a couple. They had at least one decent chance too, but an away game against a team impressing a new manager - not bad at all. I think we can win this 2-0.

Did you miss the first 30 minutes of the game?

We have had chances but you dont need to have two DMs in that team against Fulham.

I said this when I saw the selection for this game. aVB just doesn't think the first half matters in games. It always gives us so much to do in the second half. Lets hope we somehow sneak a win in this one.

We have looked much better since the change in wingers. Still think we should put Sig on for Capoue and move Paulinho back. He's missed some golder oppurtunities

I'm still in favour of giving AVB the rest of the season but...but......but

If we're still only 9th going into Feb Levy will act, particularly if the football is still turgid as the fans will be getting restless and he'll not only be worried about no CL football but also about gates dropping. People will stop going if its not entertaining and the best we can hope for is 1-0

AVBdoesn'tfancyhim has been good on both flanks and in the middle. Looks like he's very comfortable in more than one position.

Despite all the doom & gloom, they've only had one chance and it came from a handball on the wing.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

We got it the first time so you didn't need to do it again. It's like you can't have an opinion without some sort of mocking response.

I said this when I saw the selection for this game. aVB just doesn't think the first half matters in games. It always gives us so much to do in the second half. Lets hope we somehow sneak a win in this one.

thing is, if you start like that it gives you a solid base and it's easy to push one of them forward on later on

Back