• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

It's not just about fatigue though - we have to avoid injury too.

As an example, Lloris could play both games imo but what if he gets injured tonight?

My suspicion is:

------------------------Vorm/Lloris--------------------------
Vlad-----------Dier--------------Verts----------------Davies
-----------------Stambo------Bentaleb----------------------
-----Andros-----------Eriksen------------Nacer------------
-----------------------Soldado-------------------------------

Perhaps Pauli in for Eriksen?

Lamela has experience of Serie A, perhaps he may start.

We're a bit thin on the ground without the supposed outcasts.

Who else has travelled (particularly the younger players)? Couldn't find the info online.

I think that's a decent approximation to what Poch might put out.

Not sure about Bentaleb. Would be 4 games out of 4 if he starts today and against Chelsea. I think Stambouli will replace him today and perhaps Paulinho in for Mason alongside Stambouli. Less running perhaps in the deeper role out of the two central midfielders, but I think we've seen him struggle towards the end of packed fixture lists in the past iirc. I think we need Bentaleb at his very best against Chelsea...

Not sure about Eriksen either, even though he didn't start against West Ham. We've relied very heavily on him this season, and he's worked tremendously hard in a lot of our games. He's struggled a bit for form recently and I think giving him another breather might be good going into the LC final. Not a lot of players to chose from though. Lamela has looked fresher recently and might be more ready to start today and Sunday?

Not sure about youngsters. Winks and Onomah perhaps look like the players closest to stepping up out of anyone for those front 6 positions (we're not really struggling for options at the back). Not entirely convinced either of them is ready to make an impact in a game like this.

It's not just about fatigue though - we have to avoid injury too.

As an example, Lloris could play both games imo but what if he gets injured tonight?

My suspicion is:

------------------------Vorm/Lloris--------------------------
Vlad-----------Dier--------------Verts----------------Davies
-----------------Stambo------Bentaleb----------------------
-----Andros-----------Eriksen------------Nacer------------
-----------------------Soldado-------------------------------

Perhaps Pauli in for Eriksen?

Lamela has experience of Serie A, perhaps he may start.

We're a bit thin on the ground without the supposed outcasts.

Who else has travelled (particularly the younger players)? Couldn't find the info online.
Apart from the 14 you named, McGee, Walker, Rose, Fazio, Mason, Dembele & Kane.

To run your team into the ground with the congested fixture list we have is not daring. It's stupid.

I think we have put in the hard work to build our fitness levels to cope with this. We have rotated players too along the way, I don't think we be running our squad into the ground by focusing on our 2 biggest games of the season so far and surely managing with lighter training and trust our physios and medical team to get the best recovery possible.

For me, its more stupid to risk chances of winning silverware for a club that wants to compete at the top. We got no benefit last Sunday by leaving out Kane for eg in the 1st leg, maybe this game could have been "won" if we started our best team in the 1st leg and we would've earnt the luxury of playing a second team.

To give priority to the Chelsea game, clearly a better team than us, a team that will be looking for revenge for last game, who didn't play that well in that game but still put 3 past us, would be madness as we are huge underdogs for that game.

Just to throw in one other point which people dont seem to be considering in the debate of resting players this evening: even once we get through the cup final, we then have two important PL games in teh next 6 days which, whilst they look easier on paper, still need to be won

Hangover or heartbreak - you know we'll never get more than 1 point from those two matches.

I think we have put in the hard work to build our fitness levels to cope with this. We have rotated players too along the way, I don't think we be running our squad into the ground by focusing on our 2 biggest games of the season so far and surely managing with lighter training and trust our physios and medical team to get the best recovery possible.

For me, its more stupid to risk chances of winning silverware for a club that wants to compete at the top. We got no benefit last Sunday by leaving out Kane for eg in the 1st leg, maybe this game could have been "won" if we started our best team in the 1st leg and we would've earnt the luxury of playing a second team.

To give priority to the Chelsea game, clearly a better team than us, a team that will be looking for revenge for last game, who didn't play that well in that game but still put 3 past us, would be madness as we are huge underdogs for that game.
Yet we are still more than 8 times as likely to win silverware on Sunday as we are via the ITV4 Cup (just check with the bookies, they'll tell you).

Thought it was 8pm KO. I told the Mrs we could go out so long as we are back by then. What a fool I am

The selection today and sunday is a nightmare, and Poch is gonna be either a macaron or a genius depending on the results. I say we just support the team regardless of the team selection, and don't be hindsight know it all's!

Yet we are still more than 8 times as likely to win silverware on Sunday as we are via the ITV4 Cup (just check with the bookies, they'll tell you).

For me that would be more relevant if we were playing the cup final first, because if we go out today, we are 0 times as likely to win the EL than the League cup. Surely the bookies have Chelsea as big favourites for Sunday and our only chance at a trophy then is to beat one of the best teams in Europe with whatever lineup we have today still having little time to prepare for.

I agree we should have played our best team last Thursday, but I don't think we should throw away the Chelsea game, just because they're better than us on paper. I'm not a physical fitness expert and don't know what the stamina of each individual player is. I'm just looking at it from a common sense point of view. I guess it all depends on what each one of us thinks is a priority. I had maintained that Cup and PL should be the top priorities and we should rotate our squad so that we field the strongest teams in those two competitions. After the draw with West Ham, I'm perhaps changing my leaning slightly from PL to EL. But I still think the Cup should be a priority, whether we're 5 goal underdogs or favorites. Anything can happen in one game.

Amazing video, for a guy that trains players so hard, and yet to see them obviously having so much fun ...

Really hope the next few games works out for us, feels like we have a team, they just need a couple of breaks to go our way.

Haha and Dier putting him on his arse at the end!

Back