• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace

Anticipation is growing now. I'm sat begging this wall to dry so I can apply a second coat before the game starts.

4-0 (Saldado 2, Paulinho 1, Chadli 1)

COYS!

3 hours can't pass quick enough.

Palace will give everything. It will take a goal from us to open the game up. We may be frustrated in the first half.

oh baby - the months of bale crap.....talking football...blah blah blah

today we finally show up for a competitive match....in a season which could be huge....

come on lads 'at it from kick off please!'

Our last Premier League game at Selhurst Park, 22nd January 2005, Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Robinson

Pamarot - Naybet - King - Edman

Marney - Mendes - Carrick - Zeigler

Keane - Defoe​

How the fudge did Pamarot ever play for Spurs and thank you Harry for buying him for Pompey

I have never anticipated a team as much as today. We have a tinkle poor opening day record..I hope we don't try any experiments. Parker ain't sold yet. I would like as many of last years guys as possible.

I think we'll play:

-----------------Lloris--------------------

--Walker---Kaboul---Dawson---Rose---

----Paulinho----Capoue-----Dembele----

--Lennon-------------------------Chadli---
------------------Soldado------------------

subs: Freidel, Naughton, Vertonghen, Sandro, Siggy, Townsend, Defoe

Dembele might play slightly further forward and it might be Sandro rather than Capoue, depending on Sandro's fitness, but I think one of Sandro or Capoue will play and cant see Paulinho or Dembele being left out

hope townsend starts over chadli. doubt it though. chadli has looked lost playing for us and not done a single thing of note and all u lot want him starting?

The team will probably be

Lloris
Walker
Kaboul
Dawson
Rose
Sandro
Dembele
Lennon
Sig
Defoe
Soldado

Would definitely like to see Townsend start hoever he seems more effective from the right (which would mean Azza playing on the left or not at all).

What type of game to CP have chaps?

I think we'll play:

--Lennon-------------------------Chadli---

subs: Freidel, Naughton, Vertonghen, Sandro, Siggy, Townsend, Defoe

Dembele might play slightly further forward and it might be Sandro rather than Capoue, depending on Sandro's fitness, but I think one of Sandro or Capoue will play and cant see Paulinho or Dembele being left out

I would settle for that but Sigg will definitely start and in that line up instead of Chadli. I think like Bony yesterday Soldado will come on as a sub for his debut.

This time the pre-season seemed to have gone very fast, thanks to the Bale saga. Just felt like that last season just finished and yet the new season is about to start for us. But still don't know what to expect from this season. There seem to be a lot of questions than answers about this current squad. Don't think we went into a new season with so much uncertainty before. Wish we had sorted out Bale's future before this match. You can bet the match commentators will touch about the Bale saga throughout the match.

I think this match will be all about the performance of our new players and how they gel with the team. There will be huge expectations on Soldado after his big money move to us. Hope he will score a goal against Palace to help him settle down. He needs to handle all the pressure of expectations and play his normal game. Wish we had bought another striker to take the pressure off Soldado. I guess we will have to rely on Adebayor and Defoe to help Soldado until then. Hope Defoe will come on and strengthen our attack and maybe score a goal.

Similiarly, hope Paulinho will put up a good performance and pull our midfield together with Dembele. Wish Sandro is fit to play as his combative play will be very usefull for us. Still worried about the lack of creativity from our midfield. Hope the likes of Chadli, Lennon and Sigurdsson will be able to create chances for us. Still don't know what to expect from Chadli but hope he can score more goals than Dempsey.

Hope Vertonghen is fit to play. Vertonghen and Kaboul should be our ideal defensive partnership as of now. Not too convinced about Kaboul and Dawson starting together. I still feel we need to buy a top quality defender to partner Vertonghen. If not, hope Kaboul and Vertonghen can build up a good understandng in defence. There are still doubts about the defensive qualities of Walker and Rose. Hope both will concentrate more on defence rather than attack. They need to avoid any silly mistakes. Want to see Lloris getting involved more in organizing our defence. Want to see us keep a clean sheet in this match, even if we are playing away.

We don't seem to have a good record in opening matches of the season, winning just 2 of our last 12 opening matches. Hope we can overcome that jinx and win this match. Performance is not that important at this stage of the season. Don't really care how we will play as long as we win !

I want a real statement of intent today.

Crystal Palace 1 Tottenham Hotspur 7 (SEVEN)

Chamakh '3
Soldado '12
Sigurdsson '16
Soldado '22
Soldado '39 (pen)
Lennon '55
Paulinho '60
Defoe '88

--Lennon-------------------------Sigg---

Adam B's amended team is quite clever. Capoue is cover if either CB has an injury and then Sandro could sub him to get match fit if that occurs.

Back