• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

I think we will get a draw tonight but overall it won't be enough for the top 4 I wouldn't think. Gonna go for 1-1 with Bale scoring our goal and Mata scoring for them.

We need Holtby and Sig both to start. Holtby works hard but has the ability to make passes and possesses better movement than a lot of our other players.

Sig was getting better/luckier with his shooting and gets in good positions plus has the ability to create.

Let's not kid ourselves, if we are to win we may well need to score 3+.

If Parker & Dembele are out then I'd have those two in midfield with Carroll. Maybe that would be crazy, given the lack of bite bug hopefully, working as a team, we can regain possession and then make it count. Bale and Lennon to play on the wings but with Bale given some room to roam.

Their midfield is their strong point.......we need to match up somehow (hopefully mikel will play). One thing chelsea don't do is the pressing game, so if we end up with quality passers by default ie hudd- holtby - siggy then maybe things can work out. BUT due to mata, haz, oscar, ramires, lamp it feels we need a destroyer in there helping.

Loris

Walker Dawson Verts Benny

Thudd Holtby

Sig

Lennon Defoe Bale

Is prob the best we can do at the moment.....dempsey in place of Lennon if he aint good to start. Bring on Carrol for Thudd possibly if poo poo hits fan.

All this talk about THudd not being mobile, he's a luxury player blah blah blah WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! It's the biggest myth about spurs; "ve never seen Thudd particularly struggle in this area more than others, he's been our most impressive midfilder for the past few games now; under pressure he can still bring out a pass; he's the most creative player we have - it would be INSANE not to play him!! We are so fudging preidctable without him, we need his passing

Defeat for us tonight means we'd be long odds to get top 4 (as arse would only need 4 points)
Defeat for chelsea tonight means that their 3 point plus GD buffer over us is reduced to just a GD advantage

So downside of losing for both is massive. Assuming the players realise, anyone think that that might mean the game disappoints as a spectacle and becomes a cagey draw with neither team really going for it?

Holtby - Hudd - Sig?

Ironically this could probably be the midfield that would best allow us to play the AVB system, with possession, ball circulation and passers in midfield rather than the 'point men' as Skyfarer would say.

Dempsey on the left and Bale on the right with Defoe upfront, has a real nice balance to it. If they press us high then Hudd is capable of finding Bale and Defoe in behind. If they sit back we have goal threat of Sig and Bale around the box with Holtby comfortable in tight spaces and quick one touch passing. We'll have Walker playing as he would probably prefer as an attacking full back, and left back is the only real question mark. If Benny can provide the width then great, but if not maybe playing Jan on the left given he is comfortable surging forward and Caulker alongside Dawson could work considering Chelsea play narrow. May be considered too big a game for Caulker to come back in but he has played when we beat United and has a fair amount of PL experience - I'd expect him to do a job.

But yes, the big thing for me would be we would be finally playing with the balance that AVB seems to desire. I'd be weirdly confident if we turned out like that.

It's strange being a Spurs fan and being more confident away from home than at home.

Yeah, in a way it's quite nice but also frustrating as we should be confident about picking up points at home!

That said, if we play with the above mentioned balance at home to Sunderland, I'm fairly confident we would win. As it is though, the players we have mostly selected are all about attacking the space rather than creating it. It's not like AVB has created a system or is 'better at tactics' away from home, it's just with the players we have used, they fare better in that situation. A home team is willed forward as standard and therefore Dembele and Bale especially can shine. At home when their focus is more about stopping us play, those spaces where direct players can flourish are reduced.

I'm really surprised he hasn't used Carroll more at home this season. He and hopefully Holtby can allow us to control a game a bit better. Either that, or we should revert to 4-4-2 as if memory serves we had a pretty good run playing like that. At least we had 2 strikers occupying defenders rather than just the one, while at the same time trying to play a slow tempo game which went against the players' natural instincts.

Glad ive been busy at work today, nearly 2pm already the time is flying by, awesome...

Looking forward to tonight but also am nervous as fook

I'm feeling that tonight may be the night we finally get our first penalty of the season. I'm hoping that we attack from the start, scoring early as we did around the start of the year. My team would be

----------------Lloris------------------
Walker---Dawson----Caulker-----BAE
-----------Verts-----Hudd------------
Lennon---------Bale-------------Siggy
---------------Defoe--------------------

I think we need a really solid midfield so put Verts in there, hopefully will stop mata/hazard/lampard from building anything up

Back