• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

I think we will win tonight and then lose to Stoke and Sunderland

The true Tottenham way

Hard to argue with that. :)

AVB talked earlier about how a team was defined by its `style`, something unique it possessed that helped make it memorable to the wider footballing world.

For us, that style is the unique ability to go from this:

A-Champions-League-Tottenham-Hotspur-conquer-AC-Milan-at-San-Siro-56129.jpg

to this:

charlie-adam_1832601c.jpg

in about the space of a week. :)

Ah, well. There`s always this:

_47785559_009231639-1.jpg

Come on you fudging Spurs!

(though immediately after that, there was this:

article-1275680-098011E5000005DC-251_468x311.jpg

:p)

Well, it is getting tougher for us to finish in top 4. Other results don't seem to be going our away. The only way we can make sure of a top 4 place is winning all our remaining 3 matches. But it is not going to be easy as proven against Southampton. This is another must-win match for but we couldn't have asked for a more difficult match. We have a poor record against Chelsea in recent years. We are winless in the last 6 matches against them and have not won at Chelsea since 1990. But as we proved against ManU, we can beat any team and any record we want if we played at our best.

No doubt we again have to rely on Bale to get us a goal or two. Bale has scored against almost all the big teams this season : ManU, ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpool and Inter. It will be great if he can score against Chelsea as well. He has already made history by scoring his 20th league goal last week. Now he can make further history if he can extend his goals record even more. Can see him being marked tightly by Chelsea but hope he will step up his game to inspire us. But if he is marked out of the game, hope the likes of Defoe or Dempsey will step up and get us a goal or two. It will be difficult but don't think impossible as Chelsea's defence has looked vulnerable under Benitez all season, just like our defence.

Can see this match being won or lost in midfield. Hope Dembele and Parker will be fit to start. They will have to be at their best to stop Chelsea's midfield from dominating us. Hope Parker will be highly motivated against his old team. Hope Lennon will be fit to start as well. We rarely lose when Lennon scores, so hope he scores in this match. Hudd or Holtby came come on later on if and when we needed it. Hope Sigurdsson will play a part too as we need to have all our goal scorers playing.

Our defence did well to keep a clean sheet against Southampton. Hope their confidence is boosted due to that. It will be It will be great if we can stop Chelsea from scoring but just can't see it. Hope we will avoid any unforced errors as Chelsea's attack can punish us instantly. Hope Lloris will organize our defence better than recent games. Too bad Kaboul won't be fit for this match as he can make a good partnership with Vertonghen. Just hope Vertonghen and Dawson will be alert all the time without making any errors. You can't help but worried about BAE and Walker but hope they will be at their best too.

Wish we don't have to rely on this match to keep our CL place alive. But now we have no choice but to beat Chelsea at their and stay in the top 4 race. Hope we will turn up, outplay Chelsea and beat them at their place for once !

Hard to argue with that. :)

AVB talked earlier about how a team was defined by its `style`, something unique it possessed that helped make it memorable to the wider footballing world.

For us, that style is the unique ability to go from this:

A-Champions-League-Tottenham-Hotspur-conquer-AC-Milan-at-San-Siro-56129.jpg

to this:

charlie-adam_1832601c.jpg

in about the space of a week. :)

Ah, well. There`s always this:

_47785559_009231639-1.jpg

Come on you fudging Spurs!

(though immediately after that, there was this:

article-1275680-098011E5000005DC-251_468x311.jpg

:p)

this is so tottenham, winning the battle but not the war, we have to break the scum hegemony of always qualifying, there is luck though, maybe cech will play today like fulop did last year

Blimey, I am 46 years old... and woke up like a kid at Christmas thinking about the match tonight. So, so nervous... I am just praying that this is the time for us to hold our nerve and get the rub of the green for once against CSKA London. We are owed big time for some of the brick decisions we have had against this mob. COYS!!!!

Premier League: Andre Villas-Boas blasts Frank Lampard for his lack of support during Chelsea reign

Last Updated: May 8, 2013 9:43am

Andre Villas-Boas has hit out at Frank Lampard, claiming the midfielder never supported him during his time at Chelsea.

Tottenham boss Villas-Boas returns to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday for the first time since he was sacked by the Blues after a tumultuous nine months in charge.

The Portuguese was axed after a run of three victories in nine games and criticised Lampard for his attitude during his ill-fated reign.

Villas-Boas said: "Yes, there was a lack of support from Frank Lampard but his ability and quality were never in doubt."

He added: "Whether the Chelsea players supported me does not matter right now. And probably being sacked made me a better manager."

"Yes, there was a lack of support from Frank Lampard but his ability and quality were never in doubt"
Andre Villas-Boas
Tottenham trail third-placed Chelsea by two points and need a victory to keep their hopes of Champions League qualification alive.

"Going back is not very special for me," said Villas-Boas. "We have beaten all the big teams apart from Chelsea.

"Now we have the opportunity to put destiny in our hands."

While Chelsea have amassed 10 major trophies in a decade under Roman Abramovich, Villas-Boas feels it is more important for a club to have its own identity.

"If you don't have a style, it makes you invisible in football. Only teams with style succeed, but in the end, success normally is what matters in modern Europe," Villas-Boas said.

"Obviously what is attractive to me is maybe different to the style of football you might find attractive.

"There are various types of teams, teams built along great creative players and these Chelsea teams have the ingredient to be able to play this type of football.

"If you remember the team of 2004 was an absolutely deadly machine of football, but in a different way, a great, great counter-attacking football and one of the great teams in the country."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-for-his-lack-of-support-during-Chelsea-reign

Personally I think Wigan self-destruction tonight means that we have to win this match against Chelski now...

Not at all. If anything it reduces the need to win as Wigan will be 100% flat out v Arse as the game could send them down

Personally I dont think it changes anything - we should be looking for 7 points from our final 3. This isnt a must-win at all; its a 'nice to win' as every game is but we shouldnt be throwing bodies forward recklessly in search of a winner as a defeat tonight makes it incredibly difficult to get 4th

You would have thought that if AVB was going to play some mind games he may ask the player to keep it secret that he's in Amsterdam and not Instagram a photo whilst in a car park...

Unless... its all part of a BIGGER mind game.

dun dun derrrr.

You would have thought that if AVB was going to play some mind games he may ask the player to keep it secret that he's in Amsterdam and not Instagram a photo whilst in a car park...

Unless... its all part of a BIGGER mind game.

dun dun derrrr.

I dont think AVB has control over Mousa's bird posting piccies on social networking sites

It makes me laugh how much I am hearing on the radio etc about when the last time we won at theirs was.

Do they know what happened at OT this season? :-k

So am I getting this right, Parker, Dembele and Livermore are out? What da fcuk do we do midfield wise then?

Back