• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Cardiff City

Agree, at least one if not all could have been 12noon starts, its been known before, or more sensibly, the final should have been a 3pm kick-off and the 3 league games could have kick-off at 12.30pm or 12.45pm.
But I suppose that would have meant the FA considering the fans, and we know they do things like that

Actually, thinking back I'm sure we played a league match at WHL (Bolton?) at the same time Cheslea played Arsenal in the LC final at Cardiff some years back

We did it was when John Terry got kicked in the face and got knocked out, we won too, was a great day

Its all about the result today. Any win will do. Hopefully we can score early and settle. Get some of the less confident players in the groove - Soldado, Townsend, Paulinho, Lennon, Capoue, Rose. All players who are not settled and playing consistently. We need them to come good for the run in.

It would also be good if we see a better defensive shape when required, and someone else apart from Eriksen and Ade creating and scoring. First and foremost is the win however.

If we don't win this game today, we might as well close the club down and turn WHL into a dumping ground for Wenger's used syrups and sleeping bags.

--------------------lloris
lennon---kaboul---vert----fryers
-----------sandro----bentaleb
---townsend----------------eriksen
-------------soldado----ade

Yes. Lennon at full-back against sh1te teams at home.

The reason its all about the result is Cardiff will be fresher and they will or should be on a mission to fight for their lives. It will be a cup final for them. They should give it their all. We need to use our greater ability, pass around them, stretch them with intelligent dribbling and be clinical and efficient.

I think we'll win well today. Hopefully we've learn from last weeks loss.

Eriksen has to start today if he isnt in place of Paulinho I will be very unhappy...

----------------Hugo
Kyle---Younes---Jan----Danny
-----------Sandro----Christian
Aaron---------------------------Andros
---------Roberto----Emmanuel

4-0

drained ??? from what playing a game of football at home 3 nights ago hahahah, really arent they meant to be athletes

drained from being in a tough emotional game 3 nights ago. like i said we need to score early so we dont spend 90 minutes chasing this game

If we don't win this game today, we might as well close the club down and turn WHL into a dumping ground for Wenger's used syrups and sleeping bags.

--------------------lloris
lennon---kaboul---vert----fryers
-----------sandro----bentaleb
---townsend----------------eriksen
-------------soldado----ade

Yes. Lennon at full-back against sh1te teams at home.

Fair to say Im not Lennons biggest fan, but theres an idea...

I will also go along the lines that if we dont win this today...

we are truly F**k*D!..

COYS!

lennon at right back :ross:

ive heard it all now.

Why not? We're playing the worst team in the division at home and all of our full-backs (bar Walker, who is injured) are useless going forward. I like Danny Rose, but at the minute he can barely complete a 5 yard pass, so that leaves Fryers at left-back. One of the full-backs needs to be an attacking outlet, Lennon would be a better bet than Naughton.

If we thought more about what we will do when we have the ball, we might not have gotten so many poor results at home against these sort of teams. I think Lennon is a responsible enough player to handle the role of being an ultra-attacking full-back against a rubbish team on our home ground. I wouldn't play him there against a good side.

It's a moot point though, as we'll pick Nautghton, and have the thrill of him passing sideways and making zero runs into the space left when Townsend cuts inside.

It seems silly but what does Lennon actually give us these days? He tracks back well and helps our defenders, he may as well be a full back or DM.

if lennon doesnt produce in his favourite position then he need to be dropped and not moved to a vital position on the pitch. people are thinking of lennon bombing forward on the wing but theres much more to it than that like dealing with long punts down the field, hold the line, cover mistakes from CBs and you know, actually defend.

theres a big difference to lennon 'filling in' at RM which he does very well and actually defending at RB.

Lennon at RB isnt the worst idea i've heard in the world.

If we have the ball that often it would be extremely handy to finally give lennon the chance to almost always be able to be isolated with his defender coming from deep

that defender would stand no chance

Lennon at RB isnt the worst idea i've heard in the world.

If we have the ball that often it would be extremely handy to finally give lennon the chance to almost always be able to be isolated with his defender coming from deep

that defender would stand no chance

and do what exactly? lennon doesnt score or assist and can barely cross a football.

im a big fan of his btw but its come to a point in his career where we stop making excuses and its time he delivers. atm its not looking likely so imo we should sell or upgrade on him in the summer

if lennon doesnt produce in his favourite position then he need to be dropped and not moved to a vital position on the pitch. people are thinking of lennon bombing forward on the wing but theres much more to it than that like dealing with long punts down the field, hold the line, cover mistakes from CBs and you know, actually defend.

theres a big difference to lennon 'filling in' at RM which he does very well and actually defending at RB.

I agree with that, which is why I wouldn't play him there in most games. But, imo, a game like today is one we should be looking to really dominate and be very aggressive. Attacking full-backs is a big thing we are missing right now, especially for these type of games.

We won't see it, but it's something that I would like to see tried, even during the game if not from the start. A player like Naughton is often redundant in games like today, and it's not as if he's Thuram on the defensive side of things anyway.

Whoever we pick at full-back, I hope Sherwood tells at least one of them to get forward and provide good width in attack.

and do what exactly? lennon doesnt score or assist and can barely cross a football.

im a big fan of his btw but its come to a point in his career where we stop making excuses and its time he delivers. atm its not looking likely so imo we should sell or upgrade on him in the summer

stretch the defense, put the opposition on the back foot and running towards their own goal, get average crosses into the box...crreate space for others....

i dont know. what i do know is that there are merits to playing him at RB with twonsend ahead against a team that will cause us little trouble. (not saying that cardiff wont cause us a lot of trouble though)

Just a quick couple of points:

Cardiff have the worst away record in the league and have won once away from home all season -- against Fulham, who happen to have the worst home record in the league.

They have lost every single away game against teams they have played who are currently in the top half of the table, by 2 goals or more.

I don't want to see us giving them the respect we gave Norwich in our last game. We should batter this lot, no excuses.

Back