• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V WEST HAM *** Sat 19 Oct 2024 • 12:30PM Tottenham Hotspur Stadium •

Fair enough :)
They all think he is off soon anyway
They keep on signing players who are better than them
That’s how you progress but they think there a big club and that’s the killer
When a top player arrives and realises the fan base is a collection of nut jobs and the owners still sell rampant rabbits the appeal may quickly wear off
I feel sorry for bowen who has done more than enough to join a top side. He is stuck. Know because of his missus

Oh really just one?

Brighton? Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Draw against Leicester? Even Arsenal?

What about EUFA games that if we played teams that knew how to finish we would have lost and struggle against?

Yeah, we looked good in spells, until we got into the final third and struggled to create, and our defending has been woeful at times, we give the ball away far too often, put ourselves under so much unnecessary pressure.

We have struggled against every half decent team that has put pressure on us. We have only beaten, despite struggling against pub teams, and teams putting in awful performances like ManU going down to 10 men.

Yeah, we do play some great football at points, but it is nowhere consistent enough.

Yes, just one

- We didn't play badly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or Arsenal, in both games we didn't take our chances, we didn't convert into a win
- United no one believes 11 men or 10 changes that result

You are confusing winning/losing with playing well/badly

- re some brick game in Europe that we made 8 changes and won away (something we have struggled to do with our best 11 in past eras), that was an always "do a job type performance", but if you wanted, that's two?

I agree consistency needs to be improved but that doesn't translate to "we are playing badly" or "we have played brick" since November last year. Again I'd agree we struggled in 2nd half of last season, but look at the data below, the worse statistic on that list (Goal conceded) has improved from a GA of 1.6 last season to 1.1 this season, that is a massive improvement, as is every other statistic over last season. And btw, only three teams have less goals conceded (despite us being 5th), and only two of them are above us.

94a4o07vo1wd1.jpeg

Yes, just one

- We didn't play badly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or Arsenal, in both games we didn't take our chances, we didn't convert into a win

- re some brick game in Europe that we made 8 changes and won away (something we have struggled to do with our best 11 in past eras), that was an always "do a job type performance", but if you wanted, that's two?

I agree consistency needs to be improved but that doesn't translate to "we are playing badly" or "we have played brick" since November last year. Again I'd agree we struggled in 2nd half of last season, but look at the data below, the worse statistic on that list (Goal conceded) has improved from a GA of 1.6 last season to 1.1 this season, that is a massive improvement, as is every other statistic over last season. And btw, only three teams have less goals conceded (despite us being 5th), and only two of them are above us.

94a4o07vo1wd1.jpeg
TBF everyone wins away at Ferencvárosi
Although weirdly I believe we’re the first English side to win there in the last 10 games played against them by sides from this country

TBF everyone wins away at Ferencvárosi
Although weirdly I believe we’re the first English side to win there in the last 10 games played against them by sides from this country

Kinda contradicts?

Look I get a lot of Europa sides on paper we should walk the game, but history of away games in Europe also suggest that doesn't play out that way very often.

Those group games I don't use as an accurate way of judging performance, they are literally "get it done" games, rotate as much as you can get away with, give squad players a chance to get match fit, expose the youngsters, never about flashy football.

Yes, just one

94a4o07vo1wd1.jpeg
And according to those stats we should be 1st or 2nd in the league.

Funny that, that stats don't always match up.

Kinda contradicts?

Look I get a lot of Europa sides on paper we should walk the game, but history of away games in Europe also suggest that doesn't play out that way very often.

Those group games I don't use as an accurate way of judging performance, they are literally "get it done" games, rotate as much as you can get away with, give squad players a chance to get match fit, expose the youngsters, never about flashy football.
I was being sarcastic

I think we should be 3 to 4 points better off
Some errors of judgement and also fine margins haven’t helped
We are where we are, because that is where we deserve to be.

Just like claiming Romero is a world class defender, but switches on and off more times than a strobe light at a rave. He is not world class, but could be.

We could have scored more goals, but against teams with defenses any better than completely useless we struggle to break teams down... Even then some teams like at Leicester, we struggle to beat.

11 of our goals came against teams who defenses were borderline comical. Everton, Westham, and Man U. Take these 3 games away and we have scored 7 conceded 8 in five games.

That is not convincing at all... In Europe, we beat Qarabag 3-0 with 10 men, but they hammered our goal and if they scored from half their shots, we would have been properly spanked. We struggled again against Ferencváros and had to come from behind and no, I am not buying this get it done, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and won nothing of consequence since 1991, just two leaugue cups and that is it. We strute about acting like big boys, but got nothing to show for it. It's not good enough, it's people making ecuses for poor performances... Which is what we always do, is find excuses.

Sorry, not buying into that and we shouldn't be struggling against pub teams. We should be winning comfortably giving youth and others game time, once the game has been put to bed.

We really are not that great. We have played some great stuff in spells, but overal? No, just no.

What a weak argument.

Yeah, it's okay to have wins like that, the majority of their games, ManC, Liverpool, and the Scum play teams off the park and put in good performances. Nice of you to leave that part out of your argument.

Nothing wrong with a bad game here and there, it's bound to happen. Happened under Poch, not a problem.

The problem is we have had poor games most of the time, and almost every week I see people writing well good teams have bad games now and then, whether it is on other forums or whatever. Since the end of that unbeaten 10 game run, the majority of our games have been awful, there is no denying it.

We beat Villa 4-0 to put us in the driving seat to a CL spot, and then we played like garbage for the remained of the season, and the same performances this season. That doesn't feel me with confidence, sorry, but playing shyte the majority of the time doesn't do it for me.
Jeez with this, and your offerings over in the Cheese room, you're a real ray of sunshine.

Last edited:
We are where we are, because that is where we deserve to be.

Just like claiming Romero is a world class defender, but switches on and off more times than a strobe light at a rave. He is not world class, but could be.

We could have scored more goals, but against teams with defenses any better than completely useless we struggle to break teams down... Even then some teams like at Leicester, we struggle to beat.

11 of our goals came against teams who defenses were borderline comical. Everton, Westham, and Man U. Take these 3 games away and we have scored 7 conceded 8 in five games.

That is not convincing at all... In Europe, we beat Qarabag 3-0 with 10 men, but they hammered our goal and if they scored from half their shots, we would have been properly spanked. We struggled again against Ferencváros and had to come from behind and no, I am not buying this get it done, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and won nothing of consequence since 1991, just two leaugue cups and that is it. We strute about acting like big boys, but got nothing to show for it. It's not good enough, it's people making ecuses for poor performances... Which is what we always do, is find excuses.

Sorry, not buying into that and we shouldn't be struggling against pub teams. We should be winning comfortably giving youth and others game time, once the game has been put to bed.

We really are not that great. We have played some great stuff in spells, but overal? No, just no.
You don’t have to buy into it
It’s your opinion and your choice
I don’t agree with it and that’s my choice

Facts? to make your numbers work you had to take out 3 games out of a sample size of 8 (in PL)

Look, are we consistent enough? no, does the table tell the truth? yes, are we poor? no.

Lets see where we are in December ..
I gave my reasons for excluding those games. Their defenses were a joke, but included the others as they are more consistent with what we will face over the season. Strong well organized defenses. Like the other 5 games pointed too.

Let's see where we are in December. I think we will be around 6/7th. Maybe 5th at a push. Not going to be top 4

Liverpool, City, Villa, Chelsea, and Arsenal all have exceptionally strong teams and have been playing well and consistency. Brighton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine both have already beaten us this year, and are not to be ignored either.

Critically @Bedfordspurs you have hit this person's achilles heal. They simply cannot accept the concept of dialectics and freedom of opinions. A shame for them IMO...there's a residual well of anger which I find myself hoping is just an online thing and not a life thing, because that would be a hard, hard way to live.
I’m all for opinions and views
But I always try to understand the perceptive of how they got theirs…
For some it’s historical
For others it’s hysterical
Similar but also different (ain’t we all)
I don’t get the anger. Not over a game of 22 men kicking a bag of air…. It ain’t worth it, and I bloody love it

I gave my reasons for excluding those games. Their defenses were a joke, but included the others as they are more consistent with what we will face over the season. Strong well organized defenses. Like the other 5 games pointed too.

Let's see where we are in December. I think we will be around 6/7th. Maybe 5th at a push. Not going to be top 4

Liverpool, City, Villa, Chelsea, and Arsenal all have exceptionally strong teams and have been playing well and consistency. Brighton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine both have already beaten us this year, and are not to be ignored either.
And yet Arse got spanked by Bournemouth and City needed a contraversial last second winner against a poor team. Give your head a wobble.

I’m all for opinions and views
But I always try to understand the perceptive of how they got theirs…
For some it’s historical
For others it’s hysterical
Similar but also different (ain’t we all)
I don’t get the anger. Not over a game of 22 men kicking a bag of air…. It ain’t worth it, and I bloody love it

Agreed.

Back