• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - *** Tottenham Hotspur v some Scouse team ***

We are getting our joy when we counter-attack - nipping the ball off them and breaking at pace, or chasing down a long ball (although we have to use clever movement more than they do - they have a speed demon in Salah to lump the ball to, we don't have much pace apart from Son, who's been...up and down).

Conversely, when we're trying to play it around in midfield, we've been dispossessed easily and countered *against* - and Salah's goal was a classic example of that. Caught in transition, vulnerable team, long ball to the pacy forward, goal.

*No need* to play into their hands. None whatsoever. They *want* us to have it - they've had 62% possession so far (I think), and they would dearly like to have only 30-35% instead, because it means they can counter at speed and nick a few more. Don't play into that. Keep compact, keep an eye on their forwards, and wait to counter against their rickety back-line. No need to impose our game on them, especially not with a commanding lead.

I am not even contemplating it until FT

Me neither, one goal for them before 75 mins and we'll be sweating. Lot of work to do.

We're normally great defensively but look a little ropey today and their attack is full of outstanding players. Aurier gives me no confidence and the lack of Dier/Wanyama is giving them little pockets to play in.

That said, we should get more chances.

Come on Spurs, I hate these bindipping clams.

I can't remember which poster who put it forward, but somehow I think Poch has listened. I don't think we lost initiative, I think we let them establish and soaked up pressure to get them on the counter. And it works, because our defenders are so damn good on the ball. You can't go open with Liverpool as their forward line is so fast. We tried last year and got a good hiding. Take advantage of their poor defense, as they WILL muck up several times. Poch is such a good manager it's scary.

Back