• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Unreal that only 5 teams have conceded more than us and we’ve played 5 defenders pretty much all season and played defensively.

The two are linked. If your defenders are weak, its utterly brain-dead to employ tactics which invites teams to attack you more. Its the OPPOSITE of what you should do. Keep the ball more, thereby the others has less possession and less pressure against your weak defenders

I'm watching on TV, with endless replays from multiple angles.

Put any other player from our squad in that position and Rashford is still gonna score.
Nonsense. Dier did absolutely nothing to stop him. Like I posted earlier, we have 3 cb's and they have 1 forward who is always free. One of them has to be on Rashford all the time and not let him get into his stride.

Same people defending Dier as usual.
It doesn't seem to matter how poorly he plays he constantly has supporters. I just don't get it. He's not a good CB, he's never been a good CB yet so many have their heads in the sand about the fact he's bloody awful 80% of the time and just mediocre for the rest of it.

I've said it literally hundreds of times, he's no better than Sanchez.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The two are linked. If your defenders are weak, its utterly brain-dead to employ tactics which invites teams to attack you more. Its the OPPOSITE of what you should do. Keep the ball more, thereby the others has less possession and less pressure against your weak defenders
I agree. We’ve played to our weakness. And now we’re suffering as it was unsustainable.

Nonsense. Dier did absolutely nothing to stop him. Like I posted earlier, we have 3 cb's and they have 1 forward who is always free. One of them has to be on Rashford all the time and not let him get into his stride.

you can't stop someone that much quicker than you with all that space to run into on your own

Best advice is come back next season.

The team are shaky. They don't have a plan mentally. With Conte it would be to fight and get in their faces - or something similar. Today we look lost, and we are. As predicted it was a terrible decision to sack the Italian, and not let him see out the season.

Then the issues are personnel:

wingbacks not great defensively
missing Bentancur-level quality in the middle.
missing a commanding CB

He backs off all the time, did it against Leicester too. Jenas just hammered him on BT sport. He’s just an awful defender. Literally anything other than he did would have been better, get tighter, foul him, try and force him wide.
I'm not defending him, he was poor and should've forced Rashford wider and slowed him up, but we shouldn't be leaving a situation with a one-on-one situation against a fast player.

Get Kane to drop into the top of the midfield 2 and create for Son and the pigeon. Need more energy from the team. Coys!

COYS - Let me take a chance and watch the match. Hopefully Mason has kicked them up the arse (LOL!!!) - see you in 45 mins..

Back