• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool ***

we lost the mental battle imo. played the situation and the name of our opponents rather than the game. we are better than them, we didnt play anywhere near our potential and still couldve won. i know its not popular to call it like you see it on here necessarily, but i think we bottled it.
An accurate assessment IMO. But it's not over yet. We need a good result tomorrow though.

Good comeback, showed bottle, shame we didnt get the win, but we didnt lose, that was key, it was not 2 pts dropped, you cant expect to getting 3 at Anfield.

Who knows, it might be a point gained by this time tomorrow. My focus is still on finishing in the Top 4, and that now means a minimum of 6pts clear of 5th with 6 to go.
Next week is another must-not-lose

All game we played some great stuff for a few passes and then were sloppy. We came to win, they --parked the bus and hit us on the break. We did OK but Alli was a lot worse than usual, he was only average. Shame Eriksen's attempts didn't go in, Mignolet did well for once FFS.

Shame that Watford didn't show up at Ars.nil at all today, bloody useless.

Note also that after a few seconds Alli went down injured, later on someone else was injured, can't remember.. then Lloris was hobbling, and Rose too... hopefully they are all OK to crack on in the next game.

Was that the title sailing away? I think so.
I did the predictor halfway through the season, and actually ended up with Leicester winning the title on 79 points. No matter how optimistic I was I couldn't get our points tally higher than 76, and we ended up 3rd. I even thought I was too optimistic at the time, so us being 2nd now is just a bonus for me. Every fibre in my all-too-experienced body resists even thinking about the title. As long as we end up qualified for the CL and are able to keep our spine in the team, I think this season has been fantastic.

the plan is always to take each game as it comes. that goes without saying.

however, i think there are two real objectives left for this season: 1 - hold off the inevitable Arsenal charge. Lets finish above those clams. before the season we'd have bitten your hand off with that. 2 - top 3. Lets get automatic qualification and secure our highest ever finish. It'll help with planning, and also be real reward for a brilliant effort this season.

As long as we keep Poch we are going to only go in one direction.

So-so game overall, but I would have taken the point before the game. Some of our players are starting to show serious signs of fatigue, and we need to spend our forces wisely if we're to keep our position. But on a very positive note, absolutely flawless game by Toby and Lloris, and besides losing position for their goal, great game by Wimmer too. Honourable mention to Rose for constant battling, Kane for his spectacular goal and Eriksen for wanting to make things happen. Okay plus by Dier, Walker and Dembele. Can do better for Son and Alli.

I feel that's the title gone.....can't see Leicester slipping up now. Just want the goons to finish below us.

There's a long way to go and there will be a few twists and turns yet. We have probably only got a 20-25% chance of winning the title but when was the last time we had a chance in April?

Good game. But One reason we will struggle to win the title is that we have not won enough of the big games this season against the likes of Utd, pool, Arsenal, Leicester and Chelsea. Champions find a way to grind out a result. Still all we can do is carry on and gather as many points as possible. I always thought April will be a decisive month for our chances of finishing above the scum. They have a much easier run than us, plus Hodgson played half our team in 2 games last week which was out of order. I thought there used to be an unwritten agreement that key players would only play for 1 half of friendlies.

So-so game overall, but I would have taken the point before the game. Some of our players are starting to show serious signs of fatigue, and we need to spend our forces wisely if we're to keep our position. But on a very positive note, absolutely flawless game by Toby and Lloris, and besides losing position for their goal, great game by Wimmer too. Honourable mention to Rose for constant battling, Kane for his spectacular goal and Eriksen for wanting to make things happen. Okay plus by Dier, Walker and Dembele. Can do better for Son and Alli.

I honestly think some of our players were showing signs of playing in ducking internationals midweek

Pleased to see us keep going, right to the end. We still lack a bit of confidence about beating some teams and pressure games, but next season that might come.
Today, a little nervous, some unlucky selections, would have liked Chadli and Rose to shoot, and Kane could have passed in first half, also Dembele has an accurate shot, why doesn't he shoot more?
I would like to have seen Eriksen hit the target off the free kick, and not worry about Mignolet saving it. Let's go for the jugular against Man U.

Were people actually expecting us to go to anfield and turn them over? This, surely, is the expected result from today, why the negativity, title gone, etc.?

Back