• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

What about Sigi? We have too many players who are on the fringes and need to stamp their authority on a starting place by smashing it - performing out their skin - a la Townsend.

I wouldnt mind seeing Holtby, Lamella, Chadli, Erikson play on the left. I like Sigurðsson and he has contributed a few goals but he doesn't often stretch the play. With Rose playing, he didn't have to, but now we need a bit more on the left - goals or to pull the defense out of position and get in behind them.

Edit - not to mention Lennon who could mirror Townsend on the left.
I think that, at the moment, the AMC spot is between Holtby and Eriksen. Looks like AVB thinks Siggy provides a plus on that wing otherwise he wouldn't have selected him to play there these last few times. Anyway if Siggy(like anyone else) starts to have great matches I am sure AVB will use him in any position Siggy wants. Just got to deliver, like Townsend is doing right now...

I think that, at the moment, the AMC spot is between Holtby and Eriksen. Looks like AVB thinks Siggy provides a plus on that wing otherwise he wouldn't have selected him to play there these last few times. Anyway if Siggy(like anyone else) starts to have great matches I am sure AVB will use him in any position Siggy wants. Just got to deliver, like Townsend is doing right now...

If he - Sigy - is not putting the ball in the net, he doesn't quite bring enough for me. That said the goal against chelsea he was part of that excellent passing move.

Spurs haven't really had this problem before - too many talented players. How AVB allows the team to have some stability, while also choosing the right personnel, will decide our season. I know AVB likes Sigy, but if he's not scoring goals, how many games do you give him without giving someone else an extended run? Lennon or Chadli for example. They will both give the fullback more to think about! But do they have as good a shot on them?

My biggest question would be if AVB should be picking Sandro again. Sandro has played very well, better than dembele, but I think he is a little tired and should not be forced(51% to dembele here). On the left i think Siggy over Chadli, close enough there too though. And finally Holtby over Eriksen, if Holtby doesn't deliver than Eriksen starting in the next PL match. Think it will look something like this:

Lloris

Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Vertonghen
Dembele, Paulinho
Townsend, Holtby, Siggy
Soldado

That makes sense Iulian.

Dembele is another who could do a job on the left. Too many options. I would follow that selection, and AVB will probably too. Though Lennon instead of Sigerurasson appeals when you know that the opposition will sit back and stop Siggy getting shots away - as with wham. It may be better to stretch them and run at the defense on both flanks so we can get in behind them.

That makes sense Iulian.

Dembele is another who could do a job on the left. Too many options. I would follow that selection, and AVB will probably too. Though Lennon instead of Sigerurasson appeals when you know that the opposition will sit back and stop Siggy getting shots away - as with wham. It may be better to stretch them and run at the defense on both flanks so we can get in behind them.
I think your are thinking correctly strategic wise but Lennon started in the Sheriff match, I doubt he is in contention for this one. If he was to start against Hull he would probably have only been given around 20 minutes in Moldova. Just trying to guess what AVB is thinking...

I think your are thinking correctly strategic wise but Lennon started in the Sheriff match, I doubt he is in contention for this one. If he was to start against Hull he would probably have only been given around 20 minutes in Moldova. Just trying to guess what AVB is thinking...

He'd be delighted with a 1-0

We're supposed to be Tottenham Hotspur
I'd be pretty happy with us winning all of our remaining fixtures this season with 1-0, would be champions too. Now seriously, we need to avoid dropping points in games like this one(remember west ham and add 3 points then look at the table). Everybody will drop points against the weaker sides, if we drop less points in those matches than the other big teams then we will be championship contenders.

We're supposed to be Tottenham Hotspur

And we have not won the league title since 1961. AVB is trying to build a team to challenge for league title. So many managers have came and gone over the years but have failed to transform us into a team good enough to challenge for league title, let alone win it. It has been more than 20 years since we actually aimed for league title. Our mentality is changing now. Now you have some Spurs players talking about winning the league title. People would have laughed at us before but no longer so. All the media and the players are taking us seriously as a title challenges now. When you challenge for league title, performance are not that important as long as you win.

I think we'll probably win by more than 1 :)

Lennon won't start as you predicted. He's only just coming back to match fitness.

It will be interesting to see how we try to unlock them tomorrow. And will Sandro or Dembele start? Probably Dembele for reasons above.

COYS

I've got a feeling he may play Holtby ahead of Eriksen. Whilst still having an forward thinking mentality Holtby will offer a bit more steel in trying to stop them playing through Hudd.

What about Sigi? We have too many players who are on the fringes and need to stamp their authority on a starting place by smashing it - performing out their skin - a la Townsend.

I wouldnt mind seeing Holtby, Lamella, Chadli, Erikson play on the left. I like Sigurðsson and he has contributed a few goals but he doesn't often stretch the play. With Rose playing, he didn't have to, but now we need a bit more on the left - goals or to pull the defense out of position and get in behind them.

Edit - not to mention Lennon who could mirror Townsend on the left.

won't be lamela then....................

It doesn't matter how do you win, just that you do...

Not neccessarily - its going to be so tight at the top that goal difference may welll prove crucial. I thought we will have learnt from the past. When Liverscum are beating teams 4-1 and we labor to a 1-0 win at home - we need to be a tad concerned.

I think we will win by four of five today then again I said that against West Spam too and every game to be honest haha then I realise at 2-0 we tend to sit back and settle.

This is the first home match since that West Ham debacle. It is going to be interesting how the fans and the players react. The team were rightly booed off after that humiliating loss to West Ham. Can see the players being very nervous until we score a goal. We need to find that all-important goal as early as possible. The longer this match goes without us scoring, the more pressure it will be on the players. Unfortunately we don't have a leader in the team who can calm the team down when the going gets tough. Hope someone will step up and lead us to victory. Being at home, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot beat Hull.

It is a bit embarassing to note we have only scored 3 goals more than bottom club Sunderland. In fact, only the bottom 4 teams and Hulll have scored less goals than us. We really need to start scoring 2 or more goals per match. Hope we will start doing that from this match. Soldado did well to score his first league goal from open play against Villa. Hope he will be boosted by that goal and will be all fired up to score more goals in this match. Similiarly Defoe must be full of confidence after equaling our European scoring record against Sheriff. Hope he will try to score his first league goal of the season if he gets to play in this match. We are still waiting for his first goal from our record signing Lamela. How great it will be if Lamela gets to score in this match. Just can't see Adebayor getting a place on the bench but if he does gets to play, hope he will prove his worth as well. We will need all the goals we can get to boost our goal difference.

Our midfield will have to play a key role in this match. No doubt Hudd will be all fired up to get revenge on us for selling him to Hull. Our midfield should not let Hudd much space to start their attacks. I think our ideal partnership will be Sandro and Paulinho. But not sure if Sandro will be too tired to start after playing against Sheriff. I think our midfield looks more compact when Sandro plays compared to Dembele. Both Holtby and Eriksen have been inconsistent so far this season. On paper, Eriksen seems like a better player but he is still struggling to adapt to the PL. Similiarly, Holtby has not really shown his true worth in the league. I guess it all depends on AVB's tacticts on who gets to start this match. Whoever plays needs to be more creative compared to the previous matches. Ofcourse our key player will have to be Townsend. He has been playing really well lately but needs to improve on his finishing, just like Lennon. Want to see Townsend create more for us instead of trying to score. I think Townsend still needs to go a long way before he becomes a consistent goal scorer. I think will prefer Lennon to start instead of Sigurdsson. I think Lennon's pace will help our attacks more compared to Sigurdsson.

Our defence have done well to keep so many clean sheets this season. Being at home, will be very disappointed and annoyed if we can't keep a clean sheet against Hull. Ofcourse we did concede 3 goals to West Ham at home. Hope the defence have learned a thing or two from that match. It proved that we cannot afford to be complacent even when we play the minor teams. We should look out for the defence-splitting long range passes from Hudd. If we can stop Hudd, we would have won half the battle in this match. It is a pity we had to play virtually our entire defence against Sheriff. Hope players like Lloris, Vertonghen and Dawson won't be too tired in this match.

With all our rivals winning their matches this week, we have no choice but to beat Hull to stay in the title race. Just hope we will turn up and make use of our chances in front of goal. A big win will be a bonus and will improve our goal tally. But won't mind if we get another simple win. There is no need to be outstanding at this early stage of the season. Also, remember we have to play Hull again in the League Cup on Wednesday. So, hope we will do just enough to win this match.

Last edited:
Need a decisive, comfortable win today, especially after the West Ham debacle, and especially in light of results yesterday and the fact that one of Chelski and Emirates Marketing Project will drop points.

With the squad at our disposal, there will be NO excuses if this doesn't happen imo

This is the first home match since that West Ham debacle. It is going to be interesting how the fans and the players react. The team were rightly booed off after that humiliating loss to West Ham. Can see the players being very nervous until we score a goal. We need to find that all-important goal as early as possible. The longer this match goes without us scoring, the more pressure it will be on the players. Unfortunately we don't have a leader in the team who can calm the team down when the going gets tough. Hope someone will step up and lead us to victory. Being at home, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot beat Hull.

It is a bit embarassing to note we have only scored 3 goals more than bottom club Sunderland. In fact, only the bottom 4 teams and Hulll have scored less goals than us. We really need to start scoring 2 or more goals per match. Hope we will start doing that from this match. Soldado did well to score his first league goal from open play against Villa. Hope he will be boosted by that goal and will be all fired up to score more goals in this match. Similiarly Defoe must be full of confidence after equaling our European scoring record against Sheriff. Hope he will try to score his first league goal of the season if he gets to play in this match. We are still waiting for his first goal from our record signing Lamela. How great it will be if Lamela gets to score in this match. Just can't see Adebayor getting a place on the bench but if he does gets to play, hope he will prove his worth as well. We will need all the goals we can get to boost our goal difference.

Our midfield will have to play a key role in this match. No doubt Hudd will be all fired up to get revenge on us for selling him to Hull. Our midfield should not let Hudd much space to start their attacks. I think our ideal partnership will be Sandro and Paulinho. But not sure if Sandro will be too tired to start after playing against Sheriff. I think our midfield looks more compact when Sandro plays compared to Dembele. Both Holtby and Eriksen have been inconsistent so far this season. On paper, Eriksen seems like a better player but he is still struggling to adapt to the PL. Similiarly, Holtby has not really shown his true worth in the league. I guess it all depends on AVB's tacticts on who gets to start this match. Whoever plays needs to be more creative compared to the previous matches. Ofcourse our key player will have to be Townsend. He has been playing really well lately but needs to improve on his finishing, just like Lennon. Want to see Townsend create more for us instead of trying to score. I think Townsend still needs to go a long way before he becomes a consistent goal scorer. I think will prefer Lennon to start instead of Sigurdsson. I think Lennon's pace will help our attacks more compared to Sigurdsson.

Our defence have done well to keep so many clean sheets this season. Being at home, will be very disappointed and annoyed if we can't keep a clean sheet against Hull. Ofcourse we did concede 3 goals to West Ham at home. Hope the defence have learned a thing or two from that match. It proved that we cannot afford to be complacent even when we play the minor teams. We should look out for the defence-splitting long range passes from Hudd. If we can stop Hudd, we would have won half the battle in this match. It is a pity we had to play virtually our entire defence against Sheriff. Hope players like Lloris, Vertonghen and Dawson won't be too tired in this match.

With all our rivals winning their matches this week, we have no choice but to beat Hull to stay in the title race. Just hope we will turn up and make use of our chances in front of goal. A big win will be a bonus and will improve our goal tally. But won't mind if we get another simple win. There is no need to be outstanding at this early stage of the season. Also, remember we have to play Hull again in the League Cup on Wednesday. So, hope we will do just enough to win this match.

Must Win? :)

Back