• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

I think when we play teams parking the bus we have struggled to create chances by just trying to pass our way through. This is because our tempo is so slow and we end up going back to start all over again. We only create chances when players take on their man and run at the opposition. This is why Townsend is so important to the way we play. Even if Townsend isnt going to create the chance for himself, the run itself opens the opposition up and creates pockets for other players. The same thing happened last season when Lennon and Bale were both in the team. The opposition couldn't double up on one players as we had two "runners". The full backs are also so important as they need to be able to take on a man too.

If there is only one spot on the bench for a striker then you have to give it to Defoe. The way he has been scoring goals even though it's EL is very impressive.

He has not been scoring in the EPL and I do not like him and Soldado together so for me there has to be 2 strikers on the bench. If not Ade then Kane with Defoe.

I find it hard to believe we have a player of the class of Ade in the squad and he doesn't even get to warm the bench.

If AVB was interested in playing him he would at least have subbed him on against Sherrif.

Last edited:
I agree. But that is what he will do anyway. Not sure about playing Holtby, Lennon and Townsend, anyway. Both Lennon and Townsend are more runners, runners/dribblers than quick interchange passers. And when we camp out in their half it neutralises some of their pace advantage anyway.

Bang on remember how ineffective townsend was in the first half against Villa. He even said it himself afterwards in the interview he plays much better on the counter attack.
We really need Vertonghen to do things at left back to create something in this game. And its pretty sad that I'm relying on a defender here.

He started against Aston Villa, so no, it's not his first start.

offcourse.................................................................Lets hope we pop a few away...goals that is LOL..

I'm so sure about our attack...

we have to mix things up ...and get into that penalty box...accurate shots and crosses...

Come on you Spurs.......................................................................................................................

I really hope Ade gets a start midweek. There were a few games when we went 4-4-2 at or after half time last season and it made a difference. I don't see 4-4-2 with Soldado/Defoe working, so therefore we need Ade as an option. Plus he gives us something different from what we already have.

Very surprised that Eriksen isn't playing, he looked superb for a while. Let's see if the sprinters can do it, if not, bring on the cleverer, silky players.

I think when we play teams parking the bus we have struggled to create chances by just trying to pass our way through. This is because our tempo is so slow and we end up going back to start all over again. We only create chances when players take on their man and run at the opposition. This is why Townsend is so important to the way we play. Even if Townsend isnt going to create the chance for himself, the run itself opens the opposition up and creates pockets for other players. The same thing happened last season when Lennon and Bale were both in the team. The opposition couldn't double up on one players as we had two "runners". The full backs are also so important as they need to be able to take on a man too.

I think what was also important with Bale is that sitting back invited him to shoot from range, he scored 9 or 10 goals from outside the box last year. We don't really have a replacement for him in that regard, which means we have to rely more on passing our way through this season. Its been pretty successful so far.

Hopefully with some minutes under his belt we will see some of the real Aaron Lennon today, he has looked very rusty so far.

For those who doubt the wisdom of playing Aaron Lennon, Spurs have scored in the last 21 matches in all competitions Aaron has played in (started or used substitute).

And Spurs have NEVER lost a game in which Lennon has scored.

Back