• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v EVERTON ***

As I typed, Davies drifted in field and left Vertonghen and Dembele to play wide.

Now look at Davies, in the centre circle, no out ball wide left so we have to come back.

Has he been told to play in the centre circle?

I really really doubt that when players do stuff like that, especially for a manager like poch, it will be by accident. Certainly not for a whole half.

Why he's doing that though, I'm not too sure...

Overall though, great half of football. Very impressed with the play. Only negative is that we're not already out of sight, as it will cause a few squeaky bums second half.

If we score again early, I'll feel a lot more relaxed.

But really really good stuff so far.

Davies' starting position is all wrong, he keeps drifting into the centre, so when someone looks up to find him in space, he is in the midfield rather than the wing.

I don't think he is a very good player, but at least he could stand in the right place.
If lookman comes on we need to drop that line a little deeper. We need to keep Kane on if anything just to distract their Defence. Eriksen needs to be looking to score.

Sent from my iPad using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yes, expect him to come on probably for Barry - would open up the midfield for us a lot more

Sherwood at half time will be something like "it's great to see a player that I nurtured and mentored hitting his straps and bombing on.. He owes a lot of his success to my ability as a yoof scout and coach".. I imagine.

yeah

but

should have scored a few more goals, if it was 6-0 everton couldn't have any complaints, they won't believe their luck that they are still in this

Agreed. It's not good defending frkm them, slightly wasteful from us, they're very lucky to still be in touch.

Hope we carry on as we are.

I really really doubt that when players do stuff like that, especially for a manager like poch, it will be by accident. Certainly not for a whole half.

Why he's doing that though, I'm not too sure...

Overall though, great half of football. Very impressed with the play. Only negative is that we're not already out of sight, as it will cause a few squeaky bums second half.

If we score again early, I'll feel a lot more relaxed.

But really really good stuff so far.

Yes, though if you'd offered any Spurs fan being 1-0 up at HT in this game we'd all have taken it. They're a decent side so a win here would be huge, particularly considering Liverpool, Arse and Man U have all dropped points in the last week

That crafty pullback and nudge on his knee by Williams to bring Kane down in the six-yard box blind side of the ref should have been a pen every day of the week.

Yes, though if you'd offered any Spurs fan being 1-0 up at HT in this game we'd all have taken it. They're a decent side so a win here would be huge, particularly considering Liverpool, Arse and Man U have all dropped points in the last week

Oh 100%. I'd still take a scrappy, nervy 1-0 win. At this point, we just need points. I don't care if they're all flukey wins form this point, o just want points.

I genuinely don't see this as that different to the Stoke game. Could conceivably be 4-0 up already. Kane chance, maybe should have been a penalty, wanyama, eriksen a few times etc.

I think they'll open up a bit in the second half.

Good half but there were a few hairy moments. They might not have had made Lloris work too much but there was real danger a few times. We'll need another goal (or two) before I feel comfortable.

Yep that barkley to lukaku ball was very dangerous. Why I'm always so edgy at 1-0.....

Great first half. A pity that Kane doesn't get that second, would've been a goal of the year contender for me.

Keep it up, lads! Expecting a much tougher second half. Coys!

I have been a critic of Ben Davies but I think he is having a great game today. I believe his positioning is just following pochs instructions to occupy their half
That is OK when defending, but I'm talking about when Spurs have the ball.
For instance when someone (Wanyama?) hit the post Davies was in the centre circle rather than out wide.

Back