• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Royal kept us in the game with a tackle earlier, would have been a tap in for Bournemouth had he not got back. Thats why Conte sticks with him I think.

Best defensive FB we've had since maybe Corluka (or perhaps unfair on Davies). There's a balance there/games he definitely suits.

It's a great win from two down but why do we have to be so flat at the start of games? It's been like that in almost every game this season it has to be coming from Conte.
I have to admit I was genuinely a little pleased when Bournemouth scored the first knowing it would kick start us but it really shouldn't take that to get us playing.

I thought we started a lot more positively today, more attacking and not so passive, albeit apart from forcing a few (4?) corners before their goal, we didn't have a shot on target. Then terrible defending, they score, and we go into headless chicken mode for a while. There's a real lack of leadership and composure when this happens - we need someone to get us to calm down and stop panicking.
Second half was a lot better, should have put away a couple more.

I thought we started a lot more positively today, more attacking and not so passive, albeit apart from forcing a few (4?) corners before their goal, we didn't have a shot on target. Then terrible defending, they score, and we go into headless chicken mode for a while. There's a real lack of leadership and composure when this happens - we need someone to get us to calm down and stop panicking.

You’re absolutely right. We started on the front foot and were largely the better team in the first half despite the score. In fact, their goal came because we were so much on the front foot and we had defenders who aren’t really capable of defending that way.

But he will only learn and develop from playing. Son does it prolifically still and he plays every minute

you are right, he fudging does do it all the time, often near the edge of our box

stuff like that you should be picking up in the classroom

Perisic and Bentancur are the players that bring that but obviously not on the pitch at that time.
I'd have to watch again as far as first half performance, it just felt flat to me and pretty sure we created nothing until two down.

Well, that was fun. When Bournemouth went up 2-0, my first reaction was to turn it off and go out and enjoy the lovely, warm fall day. Something made me resist.

Maybe it was finding, at half time, half a bottle of leftover Spanish red wine - 2018 Peique Bierzo - my wife and I began a lovely evening with a couple of days back.

Didn't touch it at first - still late morning. We're five hours earlier here. But after the second Cherries goal, I tipped some out. Lovely. Actually looked up listings to see where we could get more and got distracted until Sessegnon scored. I'm back in. Great second half fightback.

Good to see the goals coming from unlikely sources. Sessegnon absolutely needed that and what about that slide-rule pass from Prof. Hojbjerg? Bentancur's game has grown immensely this season, so no shock to see him finish the game off. And still half a glass left to toast the three points with. Cheers!

Well. Very good comeback from 2 goals down, first time for over 4 years.

I know a lot will say it has just papered over the cracks. But for tonight lets just enjoy the win, because I guess I am not the only one, but thanks to VAR I could not enjoy the euphoria of celebrating a goal, as each time I was looking for fouls. Thanks again VAR

Despite the poor 1st half once we got back to 2-2 bizarrely today I was very confident we would go on to win that, I had no idea what Bournemouth were thinking.

Credit due to Conte on finally using subs early and fully

Well. Very good comeback from 2 goals down, first time for over 4 years.

I know a lot will say it has just papered over the cracks. But for tonight lets just enjoy the win, because I guess I am not the only one, but thanks to VAR I could not enjoy the euphoria of celebrating a goal, as each time I was looking for fouls. Thanks again VAR

Despite the poor 1st half once we got back to 2-2 bizarrely today I was very confident we would go on to win that, I had no idea what Bournemouth were thinking.

Credit due to Conte on finally using subs early and fully
This result could be a great boost for the squad as they stumble to the winter World Cup. It will DEFINITELY demonstrate those of us on here that are optimists or pessimists. A great come back and yeah, it's only Bournemouth, but they kept plugging away in a smart way. COYS!!!

It's a great win from two down but why do we have to be so flat at the start of games? It's been like that in almost every game this season it has to be coming from Conte.
I have to admit I was genuinely a little pleased when Bournemouth scored the first knowing it would kick start us but it really shouldn't take that to get us playing.

I think the reason today was to try and get through at least 45 resting some legs and limiting any damage. Unfortunately that did not quite work out…I mean, it did in the end, but first-half not ideal. Still, much credit to the boys for a massive second-half. And to the manager for making excellent changes. Dier on the right of Lenglet was decent, Bentancur massive too.

Back