• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur - Tromsø IL ***

Well, Europa League again will be our best chance to win a trophy this season. Hope we will take the EL seriously again like last season. We were very unlucky to lose out in the quarter final on penalties last season. Hope we will go all the way this season. With us having good squad depth now, there is no reason why we cannot rest a few players and still field a strong team against Tromso.

Surely, Lamela needs to start this match. We have waited too long to see how our 30m player perform for longer than 10 mins. I think we need to give him more game time for him to get used to the team anyway. It is time for him to prove why we paid so much for him. It will be great if he can score as well. Won't mind if Defoe start in attack as he tends to score in Cup games. Can see Soldado playing some part since we need him to sharpen his instinct in front of goal. Also, this is a good chance for him to increase his goal tally.

Really not sure who will play in midfield since we got so much option to use. Ideally want to see our fringe players like Holtby and Sandro start without affecting our balance. I think we have to utilise our regulars like Sigurdsson and Townsend to keep our balance. Our defence have done well to keep 5 clean sheets in 6 matches so far. Will be disappointed if we cannot keep a clean sheet in this match. Surely, we should be stopping teams like Tromso scoring at home.

Ideally want us to play well and get a big win with all our attacking players scoring. But with us still trying to gel as a team, a simple win will be acceptable as long as we play well. Just hope we won't get complacent against Tromso and treat them with due respect and caution.

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Kaboul Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Holtby Sigurdsson
Defoe

subs: Friedel, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Eriksen, Townsend, Soldado, Kane​

Spurs Starting XI v Tromsø

A5337_zps721fbe45.jpg

I would like Lamela to play and maybe a couple of others but apart from that id want a second string team so to speak. I want Soldado to play think he needs goals but also want Defoe to play as he needs to play.

I wouldnt expect others to play but who knows.

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Kaboul Rose
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Holtby Sigurdsson
Defoe

subs: Friedel, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Eriksen, Townsend, Soldado, Kane​

That looks a bit more like it to me.

Oh, that is the real team!!

Can understand Lloris needs this game for a bit of confidence and Lamela had to start this one

Last edited:
Here's our team - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Dembele, Sandro; Lamela, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Defoe

And here are our subs tonight - Friedel, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Paulinho, Townsend, Kane, Soldado

Here's our team - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Dembele, Sandro; Lamela, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Defoe

Good team.

Would have preferred Friedel and Chirches to Lloris and Dawson, but understand why.

Think we also need to use the UEFA to start rehabilitating Ade, as I wouldn't want to have to see Defoe start as lone forward in the EPL in case of injury/suspension to Soldado.

Nah im happy with Lloris - we need a settled keeper now. No point in changing the whole back line. Also we play such a high line he really is the only option - Fridel is not the keeper for that unfortunately.

I hope we go on to score goals goals goals. Dont know how good Tromso are but we need to make our home games count

Back