• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Manchester United ***

Il take the many positives from that. Showed a lot of character. Coventry a must win now. Let’s hope he goes with a Tonali, Fernandes, Maddison midfield.

Kinsky 7
Gray 7
van Hecke 8
Senesi 8
Udogie 7
Tonalo 9
Bergvall 8
Kudus 7
Gallagher 7
Savio 8
Solanke 4
———
Bentancur 1
Marmoush 3.5
van de Ven 3
Maddison 4
Fernandes 3.5

Interested in your criteria for awarding a 3.5 rather than a 3. 😉🤣
 
First things first, that United aide is an absolute abortion of a team.

Which makes our failure to beat it rather worrying.

Initial thoughts from today are that I am very concerned about Savio’s end product. It appears to be almost non existent.

Kudus looked good and hopefully his fitness will build and he will get better and better. Missed a bit of a sitter though.

Solanke is a waste of space. Actually that’s rather insulting to voids filled with air. Yes, I know he scored but let’s be honest: he was fudging brick. The manager has dumped the wrong forward.

Van Hecke keeps letting strikers turn and shoot past him. It has been discussed at great length, but effectively trading Van Hecke for Danso and Vuskovich is looking a very flawed decision.

Bentancur should be fined his entire weekly salary. Do I think that Shaw should have gone as well? yes, I do. But he’s an experienced international footballer and must know better. taco.

United got their usual homer ref. Sky haven’t shown it again but Fernandes got a yellow for what looked very similar to Romero’s red last season. He gave plenty of soft yellows to us and was a little hesitant to book their players.

However, it wasn’t the ref that missed chance after chance after chance.

All in all, given the last two hours, that goes down as a really bad result in my view. We saved a point but should’ve been out of sight.

If we don’t beat Coventry we are in massive massive trouble. We still haven’t played anyone even half decent (bar the first game) and yet we have three points. Desperate times.
 
Il take the many positives from that. Showed a lot of character. Coventry a must win now. Let’s hope he goes with a Tonali, Fernandes, Maddison midfield.

Kinsky 7
Gray 7
van Hecke 8
Senesi 8
Udogie 7
Tonalo 9
Bergvall 8
Kudus 7
Gallagher 7
Savio 8
Solanke 4
———
Bentancur 1
Marmoush 3.5
van de Ven 3
Maddison 4
Fernandes 3.5
If you’re giving JPVH an 8, he must have had some first half because he was shocking second half. I don’t like spacegoating lads and he’s had a couple of decent games for us but he cost us a goal and a red today. And some of his passes towards the end were shocking.
 
First things first, that United aide is an absolute abortion of a team.

Which makes our failure to beat it rather worrying.

Initial thoughts from today are that I am very concerned about Savio’s end product. It appears to be almost non existent.

Kudus looked good and hopefully his fitness will build and he will get better and better. Missed a bit of a sitter though.

Solanke is a waste of space. Actually that’s rather insulting to voids filled with air. Yes, I know he scored but let’s be honest: he was fudging brick. The manager has dumped the wrong forward.

Van Hecke keeps letting strikers turn and shoot past him. It has been discussed at great length, but effectively trading Van Hecke for Danso and Vuskovich is looking a very flawed decision.

Bentancur should be fined his entire weekly salary. Do I think that Shaw should have gone as well? yes, I do. But he’s an experienced international footballer and must know better. taco.

United got their usual homer ref. Sky haven’t shown it again but Fernandes got a yellow for what looked very similar to Romero’s red last season. He gave plenty of soft yellows to us and was a little hesitant to book their players.

However, it wasn’t the ref that missed chance after chance after chance.

All in all, given the last two hours, that goes down as a really bad result in my view. We saved a point but should’ve been out of sight.

If we don’t beat Coventry we are in massive massive trouble. We still haven’t played anyone even half decent (bar the first game) and yet we have three points. Desperate times.

On Van Hecke, I think he’s improving a lot in possession, showing what he can do with his distribution. I think he’s also clearly playing the Romero role of being the aggressor in the CB pair, a lot of the times it works and it’s a high risk strategy to play him that way which also contributes to our strong starts. It just needs the team to cover him well when he goes for it, and for the most part they do. I did think he was poor on Mbuemo for the goal though, should have been tighter.

Savio…I think United did a good job of packing the areas where the cut backs would go. I think he’ll be fine. There were a few instances towards the end of the game where we could have made a better pass, Savio and others. But I’m willing to put that down to tiredness.

Felt like Fernandes got a yellow for something that Simons got a red for last season too. On the red, I think if Bentancur has to go (I disagree, but I can see why) then Shaw should also go. Shaw was the instigator, and I think Bentancur’s reaction is more instinctive. In an ideal world he rolls around on the floor and makes it seem like Shaw’s push has broken his neck. But….I loved the fight that the team showed in the lead up to that. They knew they did not deserve to be losing and they weren’t going to sit down and take it. That’s a great sign for the culture and mentality that is building, and the dynamics between the group. It’s that plus how good we look for most of these games that gives me confidence we’ll be fine. As has been said, I just hope we aren’t too far back from the Euro places before we really start getting results go our way.
 
If you’re giving JPVH an 8, he must have had some first half because he was shocking second half. I don’t like spacegoating lads and he’s had a couple of decent games for us but he cost us a goal and a red today. And some of his passes towards the end were shocking.

I think he was very good in lots of ways but I agree that he can’t be an 8 when he was too far off his man for their goal.
 
First things first, that United aide is an absolute abortion of a team.

Which makes our failure to beat it rather worrying.

Initial thoughts from today are that I am very concerned about Savio’s end product. It appears to be almost non existent.

Kudus looked good and hopefully his fitness will build and he will get better and better. Missed a bit of a sitter though.

Solanke is a waste of space. Actually that’s rather insulting to voids filled with air. Yes, I know he scored but let’s be honest: he was fudging brick. The manager has dumped the wrong forward.

Van Hecke keeps letting strikers turn and shoot past him. It has been discussed at great length, but effectively trading Van Hecke for Danso and Vuskovich is looking a very flawed decision.

Bentancur should be fined his entire weekly salary. Do I think that Shaw should have gone as well? yes, I do. But he’s an experienced international footballer and must know better. taco.

United got their usual homer ref. Sky haven’t shown it again but Fernandes got a yellow for what looked very similar to Romero’s red last season. He gave plenty of soft yellows to us and was a little hesitant to book their players.

However, it wasn’t the ref that missed chance after chance after chance.

All in all, given the last two hours, that goes down as a really bad result in my view. We saved a point but should’ve been out of sight.

If we don’t beat Coventry we are in massive massive trouble. We still haven’t played anyone even half decent (bar the first game) and yet we have three points. Desperate times.

Unfair to just any winger with Solanke in the middle not even moving.
 
As a team trying to learn the manager 's system that was a really exciting performance. Pre match, I thought that the team selection lacked creativity, couldn't understand why Fernandes wasn't in ahead of Bergvall (still think he should be) and the CB partnership was slow. But.... the pressing was energetic and aggressive, led by the much maligned Conor Gallagher who I thought was imperious today. Keep creating the chances like we did and the goals will come. Nearly got outdone by Senesi's lack of pace and Van Hecke shifts quickly between sublime and ridiculous. But RDZ has clearly been drilling this team. Too early to judge if we've turned the corner and I don't like the Van Hecke/Senesi partnership. But it was an encouraging performance. Showed real grit to get the point in the end. Plus get why Bents was sent off but why not Shaw?
 
As a team trying to learn the manager 's system that was a really exciting performance. Pre match, I thought that the team selection lacked creativity, couldn't understand why Fernandes wasn't in ahead of Bergvall (still think he should be) and the CB partnership was slow. But.... the pressing was energetic and aggressive, led by the much maligned Conor Gallagher who I thought was imperious today. Keep creating the chances like we did and the goals will come. Nearly got outdone by Senesi's lack of pace and Van Hecke shifts quickly between sublime and ridiculous. But RDZ has clearly been drilling this team. Too early to judge if we've turned the corner and I don't like the Van Hecke/Senesi partnership. But it was an encouraging performance.

Gallagher deserves way more grace from the fanbase. He doesn’t look elegant, but if you actually look at his decision making and use of the ball, ability to keep it, and keep it moving, he’s very good, and that’s before you get into how good he is in duels which is clearly important in this day and age.
 
As a team trying to learn the manager 's system that was a really exciting performance. Pre match, I thought that the team selection lacked creativity, couldn't understand why Fernandes wasn't in ahead of Bergvall (still think he should be) and the CB partnership was slow. But.... the pressing was energetic and aggressive, led by the much maligned Conor Gallagher who I thought was imperious today. Keep creating the chances like we did and the goals will come. Nearly got outdone by Senesi's lack of pace and Van Hecke shifts quickly between sublime and ridiculous. But RDZ has clearly been drilling this team. Too early to judge if we've turned the corner and I don't like the Van Hecke/Senesi partnership. But it was an encouraging performance. Showed real grit to get the point in the end. Plus get why Bents was sent off but why not Shaw?
What Shaw did is far more dangerous than the “headbutt” but, in the laws of the game, it’s not a red card. I can’t recall seeing a red for pushing someone over.

It was very unnecessary though. Funny thing is, in this day and age, Bentancur’s tackle is a free kick but I thought it was a good tackle. He got the ball going full blooded for it and didn’t catch anyone. Complete overreaction from Shaw.
 
What Shaw did is far more dangerous than the “headbutt” but, in the laws of the game, it’s not a red card. I can’t recall seeing a red for pushing someone over.

It was very unnecessary though. Funny thing is, in this day and age, Bentancur’s tackle is a free kick but I thought it was a good tackle. He got the ball going full blooded for it and didn’t catch anyone. Complete overreaction from Shaw.

Di Canio ;)

I don't think a push is more dangerous than a headbutt, not a proper headbutt anyway, Bents should really have put one on him and put him in hospital.
 
Di Canio ;)

I don't think a push is more dangerous than a headbutt, not a proper headbutt anyway, Bents should really have put one on him and put him in hospital.
Bentancur could have ended up going off the pitch the way he’s pushed him.

Bentancur’s headbutt wouldn’t damage wet toilet paper. He deserved the red coz that’s the game these days and credit Shaw for not rolling around but it wasn’t dangerous.
 
Bentancur could have ended up going off the pitch the way he’s pushed him.

Bentancur’s headbutt wouldn’t damage wet toilet paper. He deserved the red coz that’s the game these days and credit Shaw for not rolling around but it wasn’t dangerous.
The push is dangerous play in the same way the what butt is considered to be
You can’t literally sure a player over with clear intent and then milk the head butt and get way with it
 
Il take the many positives from that. Showed a lot of character. Coventry a must win now. Let’s hope he goes with a Tonali, Fernandes, Maddison midfield.

Kinsky 7
Gray 7
van Hecke 8
Senesi 8
Udogie 7
Tonalo 9
Bergvall 8
Kudus 7
Gallagher 7
Savio 8
Solanke 4
———
Bentancur 1
Marmoush 3.5
van de Ven 3
Maddison 4
Fernandes 3.5
How are you giving van Hecke 8? He's at fault for the goal, and at fault for the situation leading to the red card! He failed at the moments that mattered, and the area he's supposed to make a difference, defending. Otherwise he had almost nothing to do.
 
When they went 1 up and we went down to 10, you really do start to wonder if we’re cursed. Great character to come back after.

As for Gary Neville, I usually like him but he wound me up today. The Tieleman’s goal “you can’t see if it’s out”. fudging clown. You could see on the first replay that it had to be yards out. You even knew it in real time.

“Savio really has to find a Spurs player”. fudging Kudus was behind Shaw.

Annoyed me on the red too, Shaw is so far out of order.

Three times he called a utd player not a foul when the ref gave it but never once criticised the ref.
I mean how, just how?
 
Back