• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Manchester United ***

Ok, so we should have won. We were the better team by a mile.

Savio and Kudus were brilliant today. Maddison was ticking things over constantly when he came on. Bergvall and Tonali owned that midfield.

Solanke might have saved us at the end, but he should have won it earlier... Should have had a hat trick. Not good enough. Not good enough or lead by example to be captain.

Gallagher's pressing and turn overs are the only thing I can see that are good. But is it enough?

Defence was "solid" but tight marking in the box is non existent. Heyke should have done better. But on the flip side, he reminds me of Vertonghen when passing between the lines.

It was a very good 75-80 minutes. We need that again.

Bents needs to be sent away to think about his stupidity. That was unacceptable.

RDZ has some big decisions to make.... Tinker again or let that 11 go again
 
Only saw second half.

Good performance and good character for a team suffering for confidence. Thought Tonali did well and Savio looked dangerous.

Solanke needs to give more up top. Good goal but for a big lad, he needs to be more of a presence.

JPVH was a travesty. He caused the goal and the red. Has to be closer to Mbuemo and has to stay on his feet. He leaves Bentancur in a complete no win situation.

Thought Bentancur was unlucky. It’s a red but his initial tackle wasn’t bad and Shaw is right out of order pushing him. Shouldn’t have head butted him though.

We will be okay. I just don’t know why okay is beyond mid table.

First half was the same as our other first halves recently, complete domination and embarrassing for the opposition, only issue is that our finishing is just so embarrassing for us.

I’m not quite following how Shaw can walk right up and push someone to the ground completely off the ball, while Bentancur leans his head forward a centimeter and deserves red. Why is one violent conduct and not the other? I simply don’t think what he did was a ‘headbutt’, more a natural reaction to someone aggressively entering your personal space. I don’t think that was fair at all.

But what I will say is that those players were fudged off to be losing, and I loved that fight. It’s the sort of thing that will bond them, the fact that they know they can pretty much play most teams off the park and then find themselves down. They clearly don’t all know each other well yet but a collective experience like that is good. Marbella will be good. I think we’re gonna destroy teams in not too long because we simply look like too much of a class above. Just need better finishing.
 
First half was the same as our other first halves recently, complete domination and embarrassing for the opposition, only issue is that our finishing is just so embarrassing for us.

I’m not quite following how Shaw can walk right up and push someone to the ground completely off the ball, while Bentancur leans his head forward a centimeter and deserves red. Why is one violent conduct and not the other? I simply don’t think what he did was a ‘headbutt’, more a natural reaction to someone aggressively entering your personal space. I don’t think that was fair at all.

But what I will say is that those players were fudged off to be losing, and I loved that fight. It’s the sort of thing that will bond them, the fact that they know they can pretty much play most teams off the park and then find themselves down. They clearly don’t all know each other well yet but a collective experience like that is good. Marbella will be good. I think we’re gonna destroy teams in not too long because we simply look like too much of a class above. Just need better finishing.
I wonder if Bents getting sent off first the team up more. Could have been a blessing in disguise as some players were getting tired
 
I thought we were really good today. Gallagher mom, Savio very good ditto Kudus, Tonali excellent.
fudge me I was on the verge of tears when they went 1 up, we did not deserve to lose that.
When they went 1 up and we went down to 10, you really do start to wonder if we’re cursed. Great character to come back after.

As for Gary Neville, I usually like him but he wound me up today. The Tieleman’s goal “you can’t see if it’s out”. fudging clown. You could see on the first replay that it had to be yards out. You even knew it in real time.

“Savio really has to find a Spurs player”. fudging Kudus was behind Shaw.

Annoyed me on the red too, Shaw is so far out of order.
 
Can't see it. We are playing well and seem to be getting better each week. Coventry next - get a big win there and that could be the turning point.

we are not defending well, and our core, the keeper and first choice CB's, are dodgy, we have an inherently unstable system where it matters most
 
Can't see it. We are playing well and seem to be getting better each week. Coventry next - get a big win there and that could be the turning point.
This depends on RZB.... He full on tinker mode at the moment. Change too much or change the wrong player, and it could all fall apart again
 
When they went 1 up and we went down to 10, you really do start to wonder if we’re cursed. Great character to come back after.

As for Gary Neville, I usually like him but he wound me up today. The Tieleman’s goal “you can’t see if it’s out”. fudging clown. You could see on the first replay that it had to be yards out. You even knew it in real time.

“Savio really has to find a Spurs player”. fudging Kudus was behind Shaw.

Annoyed me on the red too, Shaw is so far out of order.

I thought Neville was very fair today, after the replay of the Tielemens goal he said it was miles out
 
First half was the same as our other first halves recently, complete domination and embarrassing for the opposition, only issue is that our finishing is just so embarrassing for us.

I’m not quite following how Shaw can walk right up and push someone to the ground completely off the ball, while Bentancur leans his head forward a centimeter and deserves red. Why is one violent conduct and not the other? I simply don’t think what he did was a ‘headbutt’, more a natural reaction to someone aggressively entering your personal space. I don’t think that was fair at all.

But what I will say is that those players were fudged off to be losing, and I loved that fight. It’s the sort of thing that will bond them, the fact that they know they can pretty much play most teams off the park and then find themselves down. They clearly don’t all know each other well yet but a collective experience like that is good. Marbella will be good. I think we’re gonna destroy teams in not too long because we simply look like too much of a class above. Just need better finishing.
I think in this day and age Bentancur has to go unfortunately but I understand why he reacted. What Shaw did was dangerous and unnecessary.

We will be fine. We will start motoring at some point. Just hope we aren’t too far out of touch with the European places when we do.
 
First replay he questioned it. He said it on the second replay. Was so obvious in real time that it was out.

he was in the ground right, would have been watching the actual game from the gantry rather than the TV like us

I think he can be forgiven needing an extra look
 
Will be interested to hear the analysis of Shaw’s shove. That, and his own involvement in the headbutt, is a red for me.

I fear that not signing a striker could eventually get RDZ the sack. It’s such a shame as we are playing the best football that I’ve seen since the most impressive days of Conte’s time.
 
Much of the same

- Absolutely dominated first half, should have been 3-0 up at HT
- Poor ref decisions throughout, Shaw and Bruno should have been off
- Solanke isn't anywhere near good enough, not even involved.

Thought Gray, Bergvall, Gallagher all had one of their better games in some time. Maddison makes a difference when he comes on. Glad to see RDZ realize we can play VDV as LB (as option)

A loss or draw at 50 minutes would have felt like robbery, after being 1-0 down with 10 men at Old Trafford (how many of those have we ever got a point out of), a draw feels borderline acceptable. Puts huge pressure on the Coventry game to get a good performance and good result.
 
Il take the many positives from that. Showed a lot of character. Coventry a must win now. Let’s hope he goes with a Tonali, Fernandes, Maddison midfield.

Kinsky 7
Gray 7
van Hecke 8
Senesi 8
Udogie 7
Tonalo 9
Bergvall 8
Kudus 7
Gallagher 7
Savio 8
Solanke 4
———
Bentancur 1
Marmoush 3.5
van de Ven 3
Maddison 4
Fernandes 3.5
 
Back