• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

Palace want an inflated price for him, but Zaha is the sort of player which I think we could do with - similar to Mane, can play off a CF, or as a CF and has proper pace to run in behind defences. I guess we might have hoped that Njie or GKN would become that but having someone like that on the bench rather than GKn would be a real improvement
I'd prefer Zaha to Barkley.

Totally as expected

Yeah, pretty much. Uninspired by us. Poch needs to rev the lads up for second half. We're way too slow in possession and too predictable. Typical Sunday morning boring match so far. It looks like a type of match where we won't wake up until we concede. Hopefully not though and we'll get an early goal second half.

Absolutely "not interested" performance by the team. Horrific performance by Son. Sometimes he is so frustrating to watch...
Rose was our best attacking player so far (tells a lot).
Dier has Zaha in his pocket but still Zaha's runs scare me a lot. They easily can result in goal scoring chance or awarded penalty.
Need a strong half-time talk or this game will result in dropped points just like Swansea or Burnley games. Don't know who can strengthen this display from the bench (may be Trippier); just some players need to wake up and play on at least 3rd gear.

Last edited:
Son's had one of those useless games again so far. Sissoko's offered little going forward, but has covered for Aurier fairly well.

This has the smell of a draw or a 1-0 defeat, to be honest. But we should try changing it up - we can't take off Son because we might need his pace, but putting Dembele on for Sissoko could allow us to play on the front foot a bit more, and allow us to win fouls higher up the pitch.

We could sub off one of the defenders and bring on another attacker, but I'm not convinced that will speed up our play. There would also be the added risk of leaving us with 2v2 at the back which could be really risky.

They have worked since about the 10th minute to minimise the space that Winks is in, which has seen his play become more passive although that ball to Eriksen around the 44th minute was a beauty. There are a few tired players out there, Kane and Sissoko funnily enough actually look tired. So far I'm not convinced that either Aurier or Sissoko are cut out for this game, where players with better movement and passing may have more luck (Trippier and Dele were he available).

I reckon that it will be a late goal if we (or they) get one. It's gonna be an individual moment of magic when it comes, because they are firmly camped in back there and we have struggled with this type of team all season.

Totally as expected

100%. That's the issue with us. We think because we beat Madrid we are the best team the world has ever seen. We still don't have the winning spirit

That's what makes champions.

Very poor half. Aurier and son worst two.

If you can get behind them and cut the ball back, that's a good tactic. They're doing a pretty good job of staying deep and leaving no room for that though.
But they are leaving room to cross from a bit deeper, granted that is usually not as dangerous, but we have someone in the bench that has proven pinpoint accuracy.

Palace want an inflated price for him, but Zaha is the sort of player which I think we could do with - similar to Mane, can play off a CF, or as a CF and has proper pace to run in behind defences. I guess we might have hoped that Njie or GKN would become that but having someone like that on the bench rather than GKn would be a real improvement

Tricky dribbler too. I can’t have enough of them .

Sent from my iPad using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

400%. That's the issue with us. We think because we beat Madrid we are the best team the world has ever seen. We still don't have the winning spirit

That's what makes champions.

Very poor half. Aurier and son worst two.

Emirates Marketing Project will Smash Arsenal, so wed is not an excuse

Totally as expected

Spot on, we're up against a team that had come to defend and play hoof ball to Zaha. When that fails they then drop deep ready for a repeat. We just have to keep playing the ball around and the gaps will appear.

Maybe get Dembele on in place of Son and break up palace's play in midfield.

We need Palace to embolden and step out a bit, leaving some space behind.

At present all we do is shuffle slowly forwards and loft a cross at Scott Dann's forehead.

If they push forwards a bit, we can then get at them.

So we should get Sanchez and Dier to fiddle about and fanny about and draw their team out, suck them in, then pick them off on the break.

In summary; fiddle, fanny, suck and f*ck.

Emirates Marketing Project will Smash Arsenal, so wed is not an excuse

This. It is also about the teams attitude and approach. Time and time again our players give the impression they just think they can pass it around and the oppsotion will let is score.
We have to be more active and aggressive in our play

Dembele on for Sissoko please.

Could do with changing both full backs too - they're both in worse form than their first choice counterparts.

Agree with this except I would leave Rose on in case of injuries or if we need a late attacking sub.

People are being unrealistic to expect us to smash teams in 45 minutes and I include the BT commentators and BBC website in that. If we get three points however we do it, it’ll be a good result. We’re still in a strong position to do that.

No surprise that we are half arsed. Everyone in the thread before hand was talking about resting players and other flimflam.

There's a load of players out there thinking that Kane will score eventually and they don't need to try anything.

Watching this game be like..

frustrated-areyoubeingserved.gif

Can't remember being so frustrated by a bunch of cloggers sent out to try and draw and kick the brick out of the opposition in the process.

Back