• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

I'd prefer Zaha to Barkley.

I think we need both types:
- a Zaha/mane type to replace GKN in the squad and provide a pacey option either up top or behind Kane
- an attacking midfielder (lets not have the 'is barkley a CM or not' debate again), whether Barkley or Gomes or someone else, to cover Dembele and possibly also the no 10 role

Agree with this except I would leave Rose on in case of injuries or if we need a late attacking sub.

People are being unrealistic to expect us to smash teams in 45 minutes and I include the BT commentators and BBC website in that. If we get three points however we do it, it’ll be a good result. We’re still in a strong position to do that.

Not expecting us to smash them.

But expected urgency and more about us.

Almost looks like they can’t be bothered - we haven’t created a real chance

But they are leaving room to cross from a bit deeper, granted that is usually not as dangerous, but we have someone in the bench that has proven pinpoint accuracy.
He's incredibly unlikely to even contact the ball though - the most likely result of a cross is a counter attack.

Watching this game be like..

frustrated-areyoubeingserved.gif

Can't remember being so frustrated by a bunch of cloggers sent out to try and draw and kick the brick out of the opposition in the process.

I know, it’s not normally the way we play.

Not expecting us to smash them.

But expected urgency and more about us.

Almost looks like they can’t be bothered - we haven’t created a real chance

Agree. Was never expecting a 3-0 or 4-0 romp, and would quite happily take a 1-0 or 2-1, but I am not entirely sure we can break them down for one goal let alone two. Hopefully Moussa will make a difference

Poor Winksy. Hopefully he can get fit for when the league restarts.

Perhaps Dembele's dribbling will draw players out of position.

Am I being hypercritical in thinking that Sissoko hiding behind players and not offering an outlet is causing us problems.

NB: I can't stand having Phil Neville commentating.

Those people calling for us to sign Zaha really do make me laugh, he'd be about as useful for us as Darren Bent was.

Our style of play doesn't suit the 'run really fast and play on the counter' types.

Back