• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Thank you gentlemen, sounds like we don't have enough/any cover in front of the back four, we are missing parker / sandro. Also, someone with good possession in the middle of the park i'm guessing. Defoe just needs to find his striking shoes

Thank you gentlemen, sounds like we don't have enough/any cover in front of the back four, we are missing parker / sandro. Also, someone with good possession in the middle of the park i'm guessing. Defoe just needs to find his striking shoes

possibly, it's difficult to tell. I guess we need someone pressing their AM to make it difficult to cut ut back line to shreds..

Both Kaboul and Vertonghen have been caught out attempting to cover for Walker and Bassong. One of them will move right over to the full back position and a huge gap opens up between Kaboul and Vertonghen.

We have been shocking defensively. The back four caught out every time by an early pass in behind our defense towards a single runner. The way we are playing is suicide. Trying to hold a high line, playing them offside, when there is no pressure on the man with the ball. We simply can't play that way. In addition to this, the back four can't keep a straight line. One player will drop off, the rest will push up. It's a complete mess.

We're not great on the ball either, but that is less worrying at this stage.

It is always hard to maintain perspective, but I will try. We are up against a fired up young team in the middle of their season. We have a mix and match team out there with players out of position (Bassong) trying to get used to a new system.

On the downside, this talk of playing a "high line", isn't it just a pc way of saying that we are now playing the offside trap? Never been a fan as unless you are really proficient, such as the other team in North London in the 80's you will get caught out. In the half just gone, this happened at least four times.

I would like to see Hud and Lennon given a run to hopefully hold possession better in midfield.

This hasn't been the problem. The through passes have come from deep positions, not from the area in front of our center backs. In addition to the defense being a mess, we also fail to put any pressure on their deep midfielders

We definitely need a deeper lying CM to enter the fray. Cudicini keeps resorting to longs balls instead of building from the back.

I guess we'd all like to see us continue playing a fast passing style, hard at the back, if we can't keep possession well.

And a lack of support for the players is also a glaring issue. When Townsend tries to dribble on the right there is no one around to offer support to him.

Still a bit too much long ball going on.. Especially with Defoe stationary.. If he's making a run then fair enough..

midfield no where our first choice, causing issues

Noticeable that since Bennys come on, back 4 a bit better.

Back