• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

15 mins on the clock at Kingstonian and the home team started well, Jonathan Miles made fine saves to deny Pattison and Mullen. 0-0.

We've come back into it in the last five minutes though, Cristian Ceballos and John Bostock firing in a couple of efforts from distance.

Midway point in the 1st half at Kingsmeadow, still 0-0, Ceballos just played a 1-2 with Pritchard and drilled straight at Tolfrey.

Windy @WindyCOYS

Subs: Munns Archer Ekong Barthram
Stewart left back, Ward not playing, not sure who is partnering Veljkovic at TW back. The front four rotating but Bostock mainly up top.
Very little to report so far- rusty players struggling to keep the ball. Bostock had good shooting chance but couldn't get ball out of feet.

cancel it and save that fiver

I will. I keep forgetting.

Why are we not winning yet? We are a premiership outfit - fudges sakes. Sack AVB. Harry would never have allowed this to get to this stage of the game at 0-0

Home keeper Tolfrey - a Spurs fan - just showed good reactions to parry away Alex Pritchard's drive from 20 yards. Still 0-0, 28mins.

Save of the half from Miles to keep out Mullen from 6 yards, diverting effort away with his left foot. Pritchard close for us. 0-0, 37mins

Windy @WindyCOYS

Mason opens the scoring with a fine finish - spinning on to a Bentaleb pass, charging forward and shooting low.

From Windy. This is Barthram.

Ax84cd1CEAE8HJU.jpg

Windy @WindyCOYS

Barthram makes it 2-0! Tap in after mins played in Mason (?), he was fouled and the ball broke loose.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

Goal to Kingstonian - Archer penalised for bringing down Clayton, McCollin slotted home from the spot. 2-1, 84mins.

I was there at the game. I must say, you can see the philosophy spurs are trying to use! We were using such free flowing football and some great technique and passing, our trouble was, that we are too light weight. These were youngsters who haven't hit their muscular prime and what not facing some big blokes! you could see it in the defence of kingstonians, they were a brick wall in the first half! Albeit, we finally got the break through which was much deserved, some great play and vision by the lads to get the ball through! Also, one stand-out player for me was number 3 (sorry was late to the game so didn't catch the players names and I'm not too good with faces) he had fantastic awareness and great timing! on a number of occasions he out paced and muscled some players. Both keepers , in my opinion, need work on their decision making, both were a bit stuck in the mud or made the wrong choice on when to collect or not, at on point we almost had a Gomes mistake! That being said, it was an enjoyable game and i can safely say we have some talent! Mason played his socks off and all the lads had fantastic feet and array of passing and movement.

Ryan Mason is really hoping for a chance this season. He's been doing extra solo training to tone up a bit and hopefully he will get a run out in the cups this season. He's keen to get on and play now.

Ryan Mason is really hoping for a chance this season. He's been doing extra solo training to tone up a bit and hopefully he will get a run out in the cups this season. He's keen to get on and play now.
Yeah, i could see it! he was the best midfielder for us, IMO, he was everywhere and seemed like the heart of the midfield and everything that happened during the match! ace performance. Hopefully he does get a chance, he deserves it!

According to Windy their number 5 could have been Grant Hall from Brighton. Probably on trial or something if it was him.

Nice to hear. He's from a nice family and I spoke to him Saturday night when he came into my betting shop. Said a lot of the younger boys feel more 'appreciated' under AVB than previous management.

Nice to hear. He's from a nice family and I spoke to him Saturday night when he came into my betting shop. Said a lot of the younger boys feel more 'appreciated' under AVB than previous management.

Great to hear, I really feel we would benefit greatly from building a system through the age levels, would allow easier transitions from youth to full team as well as create better cover if we need an emergency player from the youth system.

For me, that's exactly the sort of things we want to hear

Anyone going to the watford game... Are you allocated specific seating or is it unreserved? Got a bunch of about 5-10 of us wanting to go, but I cant be arsed to be the one to collect money and/or bother with getting people to pay me back. If its unreserved I can tell everyone to sort out their own ticket :)

Back