• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

after the NLD............

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Arsenal are in a "negative spiral" of results that will be "extremely difficult" to get out of.

Spurs beat Arsenal 2-1 on Sunday to go seven points clear of their rivals.

Pressure has mounted on Arsene Wenger recently after FA Cup elimination at home to Blackburn and a 3-1 Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich.

"We are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they are in a negative spiral in terms of results," he said.

"To [get] out of that negative spiral is extremely difficult."

5 wins, 2 draws later Arse are on the brink of a top 4 finish.....accurate assessment AVB ](*,)

Never thought I'd say this, but I want Chelsea to beat United tomorrow. It may make them feel like they need to win less against us, and also I'd rather they finished 3rd than Arsenal.
You want Chelsea to beat United?
You Sir, are proper mental!

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Arsenal are in a "negative spiral" of results that will be "extremely difficult" to get out of.

Pressure has mounted on Arsene Wenger recently after FA Cup elimination at home to Blackburn and a 3-1 Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich.

"We are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they are in a negative spiral in terms of results," he said.

5 wins, 2 draws later Arse are on the brink of a top 4 finish.....accurate assessment AVB ](*,)

It was that Bayern result.

Arsenals league from has been very very good in 2013. Think perhaps us and city are the only ones to beat them at all.

If we take 7 points from our last 3 we should finish top 4. I don't see Arse and cheatski both winning both of their last 2 games

However I fear that if we only take say 5 points from our last 3 then our GD would mean that we finish 5th

WE can still do it however we really need to up our performances

id take 5th though, some people seem to be annoyed if we get 5th.

Youd ALL have taken 5th at the beginning of the season. I guess it's the fact we were top 4 since new years day and clear that annoys you, but lets not forget.

5th would be a failure, that you would settle for this is quite shocking!

I wouldn't have taken 5th, not after finishing 4th last season and arse and chelsea stuttering no way

Can I just say how delighted I am Peterborough went down simply because that miserable ginger taco Durham will hopefully be gutted!\o/

I think most teams in that situation would have done the same. I'm not saying it's right but I can understand why they did it.

I'm increasingly confident we'll finish 4th. I expect Chelsea to beat United today but I dont see that as critical to us. Arsenal will drop points against Wigan or Saudi Sportswashing Machine and possibly both.

It was an accurate assessment at the time, the unfortunate fact is that Arsenal have done really well to break out of that and go on a very good streak when they needed it the most. That doesn't make what AVB said at the time inaccurate.

If we take 7 points from our last 3 we should finish top 4. I don't see Arse and cheatski both winning both of their last 2 games

However I fear that if we only take say 5 points from our last 3 then our GD would mean that we finish 5th

WE can still do it however we really need to up our performances

Yeah, I was thinking that we would probably have to win at the Bridge, but as long as United don't lose today a draw at the bridge would mean that two wins in the final two games would be enough as long as Arsenal and Chelsea don't win their last two. Seems likely that there will be at least a draw in one of those 4 matches. Of course that would still mean us winning our last two games, far from a foregone conclusion.

A Liverpool win today will mean they're only two points behind Everton, giving Everton a bigger incentive to beat Arsenal in the last match.

Looks like a pretty even match thus far. Liverpool playing the more attractive football, Everton playing the more effective.

Pretty much how it was expected to go.

Back