• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Draxler is my favorite young player atm, absolutely lovely to watch. Really hope Schalke can hang on to him and Meyer. Ridiculous how Germany can keep churning out these midfielders!

He is the real deal! He scored in the Revierderby against Dortmund on Saturday and was the standout player, at 19 as well! They've got so many good players in Germany, Draxler, Reus, Gotze, Holtby, Kroos, Muller.

Draxler certainly has the coolest name so lets buy him. Him or Holtby.

Schalke would never sell Draxler anytime soon except for scary oilbucks money, but hypothetically IF we ever managed to pull this off - Draxler would be incredible for us. He's a great finisher and a natural "lateral" playmaker in style who likes to float out wide, letting Bale come inside. We could have Lennon to sustain width or Dembele there in tougher games for a three-man mid, and Gylfi as some very decent cover or even as a false 9 (surely he couldn't be less effective than our strikers??). Holtby would play as a deeper playmaker in the Modric role, which would take advantage of his quick-passing and mobility and mitigate his lack of goals.

Even better, we could add Jovetic - a creative striker with intelligent movement - to lead the line. Or just about any striker at all would be decent if he could just link up well with Bale and contribute with a goal from time to time. If we play a three-man mid next season with, say, Sandro-Holtby-Dembele to give us more midfield control, we could go with a more one-dimensional finisher type like Leandro or Lewandowski or Hernandez. Higuain would be the pipe dream of pipe dreams.

Not that I'm saying we could get a single one of them. Leave me with my dreams though! :lol:

Why would he not? He gets kicked to pieces in La Liga so there's no question he could deal with the physicality in our league.

Do you honestly think there are better players than him in the Premier League?

Dunno if you saw Barca on Saturday, but they do actually struggle when Messi isn't playing.

Fair enough. I didn't see Barca over the weekend, neither am I doubting Messi's ability on the pitch. No doubt he is world class. I personally feel Ronaldo is a better player and my feelings is not due to my name Mumorn.

I realised last night who it is Messi's face reminds me of sometimes, especially when he adopts that sort of bewildered expression that makes him look like a village idiot. It's Paul Merson. That is where any similarity ends, I hasten to add.

FA Cup quarter-final replay between Chelsea and Manchester United to be played on Monday April 1 with a 12.30pm kick-off

FA Cup quarter-final replay between Chelsea and Manchester United to be played on Monday April 1 with a 12.30pm kick-off

At first i thought this was crazy.

Then i remembered it's Easter Monday so not that bad a call from the FA.

Four games in eight days for Chelsea if they make it through tonight. Wouldn't be such a bad thing for us..

Last edited:
FFS last year I had to put up with Chelsea fans filthing up my town now its fking Arsenal.

I really hate seeing these fking losers spouting their brick round my gaff.

About to leave work and the tube is bound to be packed full of Arsenal as my apartment is on the way to the Allianz. Hopefully it'll be an army of lillywhite supporters here this time next year....

Doesn't hinder them that much in the league. It could be 4 games in 9 days, but the last one is Sunderland at home.

March 30 (a) v Southampton (Premier League)

April 1 (h) v Manchester United (FA Cup quarter-final replay)

April 4 (TBC) Europa League quarter-final first leg.

April 6/7 (h) v Sunderland (Premier League)

April 11 (TBC) Europa League quarter-final second leg.

April 13 & 14 FA Cup semi-final weekend.

But this one seems more than usually random and even less than usually useful!

I mean....why would anyone ever discover / research such a stat? Just why?

Back