• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Chelsea's confidence is back. They have so much talent in the squad it would be embarrassing if they don't make the top3. Football can change quickly

Villa are going to be coming at us at 100mph on Wednesday.

I don't think we particularly brick but I don't think at the moment our players really know a structured plan. I think we just go out there and play. No direction or style of play etc.

Looking at the following fixtures, I think Villa will beat us, Sunderland will get a draw against us (tricky away tie) and we'll beat Reading.
Chelsea will beat Norwich and QPR and draw with Everton.
Everton will beat Wigan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and draw with Chelsea.
Arsenal will beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Southampton.
West Brom will beat QPR and Fulham and lose to Man Utd.

I support our players, but at the moment I am not confident going into any game and thinking they can win us games. I'm confident in the LONG run over AVB in charge of our club but struggling to be positive at the moment considering our performances.

I obviously hope I am wrong regarding the fixtures and I probably am. I doubt our rivals will be winning pretty much all the games over the Christmas period and hardly dropping points. I think if they fail to win we need to capitalize which I feel we have failed to do on occasions this season which is why we find ourselves in the position we are in.

Maybe this is the best way of feeling? So if we do end up doing better than this over the next 3 games whilst our rivals drop points, We'd of exceeded my expectations and I'd feel much more happier over the results?
Come on mate, they're not intimidating fixtures. We really should do better than that. COYS

Isn't there some nasty statistic saying that teams who concede five goals or more (or perhaps four), hardly ever condede more than one in their next game?
If that is the case, we are in trouble.

I agree we should. But Norwich/West Brom/Wigan at home aren't intimidating fixtures and we really should have done better in those games.

I hope we get Ekotto back for at least one of these games. I really think we are missing him down the left. It also allows us to play Vertonghen at centre half where he is clearly much more comfortable.

My confidence against Villa on Wednesday just got even worse. You'd think it'd get better with them losing 8-0. But I just think they will be SO up for this now.

BREAKING NEWS: The entire Fulham team have announced their retirement from football following Stewart Downing's goal and assist against them

We have no excuse for not thrashing Villa. Their confidence should be at an all time low now. Any decent performance and we should win.

Still that was very impressive from Chelsea. It was the best football I've seen played in the league for a while now. If they get Falcao in January they will be quite formidable.

i honestly can't fathom some peoples pessimism

Much better that than those that think we are destined to be top 4 already.
We're definitely behind Chelsea and Arsenal right now and a lot of people refuse to accept it.

We're definitely behind Chelsea and Arsenal right now and a lot of people refuse to accept it.

Equal on points I think you will find

more so Chelsea than Arsenal, who i don't think are too far away atm, but i agree

Hard to tell whether Villa's embarrassment today will work for or against us.

Might inspire them to produce a superhuman performance.

Might utterly demoralise them.

Might play into our hands by making them throw caution to the wind - thereby leaving space for our potentially devastating counter attacks.

Hopefully one of the latter two.

Agree about Chelsea. I don't see a great deal of difference between us and the scum, but I would still favour them to finish above us.

Agree about Chelsea. I don't see a great deal of difference between us and the scum, but I would still favour them to finish above us.

Really tough to know. Chelski have, err, turned a corner (!!!) and to be fair, Benitez has pulled a master stroke in playing Luiz in midfield. Yeah, who knows between us and Goons. January will play a major part I think, a player like Cazorla could be the difference...it's going to be a tight run but I'll choose to believe.

ifbMwJIXoGph0.gif

Dear GHod how is he still walking? HOW IS HE STILL ALIVE!!

Less so than Chelsea were outplayed against FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich last time around - knock-out competition football has little to do with current form and overall squad quality, else the Catalan pin-up boys would have been winning it every single year since 2006. FC Internazionale were hardly the best team on paper when he won it back in 2010, let's not forget, mate.

For me it comes down to the right balance of experience and quality on matchday, ability to escalate beyond the sum of their parts, and of course - a bit of luck.

Even so - I'm sure most Madrid fans would prefer a 10th (!) CL this season instead of another La Liga trophy - already defeated the 'greatest media team of all time' last season fair and square - fudge all to prove. Now time to bring home the big 10th one and head towards Old Trafford like a boss.

The excuses are out already for Madrid being out of the title race in December :p

Are you a Spurs fan or a Madrid fan Arc?

The funniest thing is the fact that even with Villa defending this way. We'd still probably only manage 1 goal.

Crazy comments by Fergie. Really don't expect such kneejerk comments from someone like him.

How the fudge is it crazy comments?

Getting a smack in the back of the head is super dangerous. Maybe not 'kill' him but from that fudgein close proximity and that hard a hit of the ball - yeah it is fudgein dangerous. It was definitely done on purpose.

There is a reason why sports like boxing ban hits on the back of the head

Idiotic.

Back