• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
JUST IN: according to spanish tv Cuatro, Barcelona contacted a replacement for Vilanova until end of season, and is now waiting for decision

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
JUST IN: according to spanish tv Cuatro, Barcelona contacted a replacement for Vilanova until end of season, and is now waiting for decision

Guardiola comeback??

I could prove to you that Manchester United 'bought' their way to their first title. I'm sure some of you might remember them spending disproportionately in the late 80s/early 90s. But I won't go into it, I doubt you're that bothered about my opinions on Manchester United.
It never used to be the only way; in an ideal world, capitalism in football does succeed. But it doesn't, hence why there are calls for 'higher powers' (UEFA) to intercept (FFP). As someone in here already acknowledged, that is doomed to fail, meaning teams will have to adjust or fall behind.

One thing's for sure, even if FFP does pass, the rich are only going to get richer, even if you do take Qataris and Emiratis out of the equation.

They were definitely very lucky in the way they hit their golden period just as English football went global. They will call it opportunism, luck was a definite larger element however. But as I said, they spent a lot more than all the other clubs at the time, similarly to how we have done. In the years before the introduction of the Premiership format, they bought the best talent from the competition like Bruce, Pallister, Robson, Irwin, Hughes and Cantona (which was a complete coup, admittedly. What were Leeds thinking?).
The 20 years since then are, as they say, "history".

](*,)

what don't you get?

Man U spent the money that they earned as a Club, as a business - and ploughed it back into the team. Disproportionate or not, that's not the point, the point is they spent their own money, or at least borrowed money on a debt they could service due to their income which was predicated on their status as a club.

Chelsea, City, Malaga, PSG, Anzhi and the like are spending money that THEY DIDN'T EARN. it's not difficult.

those clubs are being bank rolled with money to improve the team that the club as a business didn't earn. that's why the playing field isn't level.

Arsenal's Boxing Day match against West Ham United has now been postponed, due to proposed industrial action by London Transport workers.

Even if they decide not to strike, it would be too late to allow the fixture to go ahead.

Arsenal's Boxing Day match against West Ham United has now been postponed, due to proposed industrial action by London Transport workers.

Even if they decide not to strike, it would be too late to allow the fixture to go ahead.

sneaky, underhand b*stards.

let's hope it backfires and those around them steal a march.

Michael Bridge @MichaelBridge_

No trains to Birmingham on Boxing Day for #THFC fans yet that game goes ahead. East London to North London in a car isn't too difficult!

if our game dont go ahead, fudging bollox.

No trains between Manchester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine either, but that game goes ahead.

Arsenal have never played at the Emirates on Boxing Day, the last 3 seasons their match has been moved to the 27th and before that they were away.

The fixture has yet to be rearranged but Arsenal did add: "The club can confirm that this rearranged fixture will be played on either Wednesday, January 23 (kick off 7.45pm) or Saturday, January 26 (kick off 3pm).

"The paramount concern was always the duty of care towards the Arsenal supporters, West Ham United supporters, matchday employees and workers and indeed everyone who was planning to attend the game on Boxing Day."

:lol:

Not only do they care for their supporters, but also the people that go the matches.

I bet Sam Allardyce is regretting signing a long-term contract with West Ham.

If you want a laugh have a listen to the last football ramble podcast. They're pulling the tinkle out of Allardyce having his Christmas dinner.

What would be fair is for them to have to play it on a Thursday after a Tuesday Champions League away game. That would replicate the Christmas fixture congestion nicely.

What would be fair is for them to have to play it on a Thursday after a Tuesday Champions League away game. That would replicate the Christmas fixture congestion nicely.

That's actually a very good point. Arsenal now get the benefit of a full weeks rest before their home game with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, whereas Saudi Sportswashing Machine only have a 3-day rest after a tough visit to Old Trafford.

I'm not a big fan of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but I have to admit the SAF Fxture computer didnt do them many favours over Xmas. Man United and Arsenal Away

Chelsea singing "you're supposed to be at home to Leeds". Erm, they're a championship side, you're European champions. fudgewits!

Yet more comedy defending from Sideshow Bob. Jogging back after giving the ball away outside the OTHER TEAMS'S box

Leeds were well worth their 1-0 lead at half-time.

Ex-Spur Michael Brown has been very good in central midfield.

Back